An Old School Catholic Message Board

Countdown thread

karin

I am going in 18 days for my aspirancy at the Monastery of The Heart of Jesus in Lockport LA. I will be staying for three months inside the cloister! I am so excited and i thought maybe people would like to count down with me. well God Bless and Mary Keep

Karin :hearts:

oh yes I am feeling better i think God has healed me I am so happy! That means He really does want me to go yahooo!!!!!!

ok I will try to explain... an aspirancy is when you go and live inside the cloister for a set amount of time . it is when you are seriously considering that place for the rest of your life. Sorta so you can decide if that is where you are. often times you just go straight into postulancy after that but in my case i am to young to do that so i will come back after three months. well any nuns on here can correct me if i am wrong... tee hee when you are in your aspirnacy you follow the novitiate schedule i think... well i hope that answer well. God bless and Mary keep
Karin

That's great Karin, you will just be a few miles from me and my community. I hope it all goes well. You will be in my prayers! Tell Marjorie hello from all of us!

ThyHolyLove

Karin that is sooo wonderful! I'm so happy that you're feeling better and that you're mom is letting you go. I know I don't need to tell you, but really soak in the experience and let yourself be open to God's will. Aspirancy is such a special time and I hope it will be fruitful for you!

YAY for Karin! :D:

heheh thanks guys. yes of course I will tell Sister Marjorie hello for every one! tee hee I am so excited. My mom is having a hard time because i have never been gone that long before and me and my mom are real close (even though me might argue about my vocation) but God will take care of her and me. :) God's will be done. Thank you and i hope you will all be praying for me while i am there. I pray for yall all the time . ;) God Bless and Mary keep you.

Karin

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

Man, this is almost as exciting as Marjorie's countdown thread!

Hey Karin, do you know if you have to wear a mantilla while you are in the aspirancy? And those people that go to Mass there all the time, LOVE to talk with the sisters, even though they aren't supposed to :lol: You'll be in the choir within the enclousure for Mass and everything won't you?

That's so exciting, Karin! I'm so excited for you, even though I'm not the one going. I sincerely hope you have a wonderful experience and that you feel at home and welcome if it's God's will for their Community to eventually become your permanent home. Count on our prayers through the time of your visit, and be sure to let us know how your experience was when you return! And if you're allowed, take pictures please! God bless :)