An Old School Catholic Message Board

Countdown thread

karin

Marieteresa

hey Karin!!

I am so exicited!! I can't believe your going!! I am so happy for you!! I did'nt know the aspirancy is 3 months. Take care of yourself hon!!

Ok everyone has so many questions for me. Yes I will have contact with my family. i will write my parents once a week .. i think. and my siblings once a month. I can recieve letters thought from other people just not respond. Yes they are Dominicans!! tee hee. Yes I will be in the cloister with the nuns the whole time tee hee. Oh I am so thrilled. I am having to see some people for the last time before I go already and I might not see again for three months. Like my adopted grandparents. They took me out to dinner and then we went to their house and watched a movie. People ask me if I am excited and oh i am so thrilled. Excited yes. Though it is mingled with a teeny bit of sadness just because i have never been away from my family for over a week so this will be new. But my excitement overwhelms the tinges of sadness by far. I know this isnt like I am going for good but it will be wonderful. It seems like though having to leave again after i have been there (and if this is where i am supposed to be forever) that when i have to go it will be like having the most delightful cake in the world put before me so i could taste yet then snatched away. But it doesnt worry me though I know it will be difficult because God's timing is absolutely perfect and I wouldnt want to stay before He said He wanted me to. I will just wait and try to always live every moment for Christ. That is my goal everyday though I know i do not succeed my goal is to live every moment for Christ as He would want me to. For my future spouse. yet now I have gotten carried away forgive me my people. lol God Bless and Mary keep you.
Karin

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

One more quetion from me (I feel like a nosey reporter)
How do you think you'll fare with the silence?

well actually i dont think i will have to much of a problem with it actually. i mean i know i will have to get used to it but I will just be able to fill my silence focusing on Christ it will be awesomeness. 16 days.... tee hee oh and I dont mind the questions at all ask away all that you like. God bless and Mary keep

Karin

I wish I could go for aspirancy!!!!!! I am sooo not ready to enter a convent. I have so much more to learn about the Church and Her teachings that it's just so overwhelming!!!

Karin

YOU IMPRESS ME.

The first week you are there it will be a little "nerve wracking" even though it is some place you want to be. Because it is all new and you will be learning and finding your place. On all the levels emotionally, spiritually and physically. You will be learning the RYTHYM of the house.

From what I have read of your letters you are intelligent have a lot of common sense and a great capacity to love. You will do well, keep your eyes on Jesus and Mary.

Don't pay any attention to BUTTLESCOOT (Satan) his job will be to tell you you are wasting your time.

As we follow God he throws up roadblocks. That is our verification that we are going the right way.

We will be, are, is going to, can, and have been praying for you.

Edited by ofpheritup

Marieteresa

Hey Karin,
I have a question for you....So Aspirancy is 3 months and then what happens after that? Will you enter right afterwards if you feel like thats the place where he wants you. Or will you go home and wait a few months and then enter? Just wondering

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='karin' date='Jul 26 2005, 12:56 PM']You will probably get to go for an aspirancy sometime once you are closer to being able to enter
[right][snapback]659842[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Not all communities have an aspirancy... just thought I'd mention that quickly...

So how many days are left, Karin?

[quote name='ofpheritup' date='Jul 26 2005, 02:08 PM']Karin 

YOU IMPRESS ME. 

The first week you are there it will be a little "nerve wracking" even though it is some place you want to be.  Because it is all new and you will be learning and finding your place. On all the levels emotionally, spiritually and physically.  You will be learning the RYTHYM of the house. 

From what I have read of your letters you are intelligent have a lot of common sense and a great capacity to love.  You will do well, keep your eyes on Jesus and Mary.

Don't pay any attention to BUTTLESCOOT  (Satan) his job will be to tell you you are wasting your time. 

As we follow God he throws up roadblocks.  That is our verification that we are going the right way.

We will be, are, is going to, can, and have been praying for you.
[right][snapback]659865[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
15 days WOOT WOOT (which is one more than 14 which is two weeks which is very exciting)

Wowzer what a flattering post lol. tee hee thank you very much. Thanks for the insight to about when I go and I so appriciate your prayers you have no idea how much they mean to me. That post really was lovely teehee, it made my soul feel beautiful ;). OK on to other post that have been eh posted. Yes I know Angela some dont i realized that after i said what i said and i didnt really think it mattered that much at least not enough to change it tee hee. Also some one asked what happens after aspirancy. well most of the time you do enter straight into postulancy if you are interested in the order or if not immediately bthen soon after. BUt with me because of my age I will be required by law to go home. If I had parental permission then I could enter the monastery when I was 16 because the monastery made the offer but my parents will not give permission for any thing earlier than 17 so that's when I will enter. unless God has plans for earlier or later. I am very exhausted today from a one day road trip I made with my sister today so i wont post more today . thank you so much for you prayers all of you. Well now that I think of it I might post more later cause I have something i think is semi relevantto the topic so i might be back later lol. God Bless and Mary keep...

Karin