An Old School Catholic Message Board

Countdown thread

karin

Hey Karin this is Sara i might be visiting the order while you are there i might get to see you. Well I hope to get to meet you. I hae only four more days till WYD woohoo!
God Bless and I know that you will have fun for your aspirancy.

[quote name='karin' date='Jul 27 2005, 07:03 PM']15 days WOOT WOOT (which is one more than 14 which is two weeks which is very exciting)

BUt with me because of my age I will be required by law to go home. If I had parental permission then I could enter the monastery when I was 16 because the monastery made the offer but my parents will not give permission for any thing earlier than 17 so that's when I will enter. unless God has plans for earlier or later
Karin
[right][snapback]661813[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I just thought of a neat way that you can cheat. Pray to St. Theresa the Little Flower remember she was in a situation very similar to you. I'm asking my MOMMY to pray for you. She has a great devotion to St. Theresa. It ain't over til it's over.

oh thank you very much opheritup! Yeah me an Therese are close buddys. Oh I am not saying it will not happen for me to enter at 16 I am just saying that I need to work on my parents more lol. Well I wasnt able to get on last night again to say my some what relavant thought so here it is. If you had been reading the furture nun support group thread then you would have seen that my mother made a condition for God that i couldnt go unless i was feeling better from my unknown illness. At the time that made me very upset, but I have noticed how God used it for the good. I had a very strong attachtment to go for my aspirancy and after my mother made those conditions with God I was very very upset at the thought of not going. Well I prayed about and finally i realized that my aspirancy is a gift and I should be thankful that I even have a chance to go because many people dont get that chance, and I realized that I needed to trust in God if He wants me to go I will go no matter what and if He doesnt I am not going it just wont happen. As soon as I came to those conclusions then the very next day I felt better from all my illness and I havent felt bad for about three weeks. I think God used my mothers unfortunate actions to purge me from my attachtment to the aspirancy. So I am very grateful my mother did what she did. Well that was my relavant thought for today. tee hee :D OH MY GOSH 14 days I think I might die of exctement right here... actually I wont cause then i couldnt go but still wowzer how awesome tee hee. Oh Sara that would be so exciting if you came while I was there I would LOVE to meet you. God Bless and Mary keep you all. Thanks for reading

Karin

Here's my random question...

What do you wear when you are an aspirant? Regular clothes? A jumper like Sister Marjorie?

Just curious!

O my goodness Karin!!!!! Its getting closer!!!!!!!! This is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I soooooo wish I could come this Sept/Oct.....but it doesn't look like it.

13 days lalala WAHOOO!!! Well I am getting so excited as might be expected. I will be wearing i think the same thing Sister Marjorie wears which is what a postulant wears. Well tonight in mass i got super dizzy again and i was coughing all the way through. So it made my mom very worried but I dont think she will call off the trip unless it happens again this one time one change her permanent descision.. thank you Jesus for that. While I was feeeling bad during mass i got so scared that i wouldnt be able to go if my mom found out i wasnt feeling well and so I was praying. "Christ I surrender to your will. I surrender to your will. " I just kept repeating those worss attempting to trust Christ thouroughly with my everything because if I do it will be ok. well thats all for tonight God bless and Mary keep. PLEASE keep up the prayers y'all.

Karin

11 days until I go and tonight I am leaving to go to camp until firday. i wish I didnt have to because I wont get to go to mass all week. it made me cry after church I was so upset. Because I wanted to go to spanish mass. how immature of me crying because I dont get my way. it does seem so hard though i will miss my church so badly and my preist and every one even the people from spanish mass who I dont even speak the same language as today would have been my last day until to have a chance to go spanish mass. I love mass so. Last night I was slain in the spirit and the healing service that was after mass so was my best friend I havent really done that before. Gosh I will miss every one so much! and everything. How i must have such an awful attachtment to them . I need not to have an attachtment to all thses people and things. It is like they are a part of me so it hurts horrible and God is cleansing me from them. I hang on to them with all my might as God wrenches them away from me. Yet I just keeping getting more attatchment keeping me from Christ. Life can be so hard. yet I am sure i have an easy life compared to others. God Bless and Mary keep

Love,
Karin

DiscerningSoul

Yes, I think you'll be wearing the jumper and I belive the "lace" or "mesh" vail. It's so exciting!
Pray that I will see you the start of Sept.

Jessica :)

[quote name='karin' date='Jul 29 2005, 11:01 PM']13 days lalala WAHOOO!!! Well I am getting so excited as might be expected. I will be wearing i think the same thing Sister Marjorie wears which is what a postulant wears. Well tonight in mass i got super dizzy again and i was coughing all the way through. So it made my mom very worried but I dont think she will call off the trip unless it happens again this one time one change her permanent descision.. thank you Jesus for that. While I was feeeling bad during mass i got so scared that i wouldnt be able to go if my mom found out i wasnt feeling well and so I was praying. "Christ I surrender to your will. I surrender to your will. " I just kept repeating those worss attempting to trust Christ thouroughly with my everything because if I do it will be ok.  well thats all for tonight God bless and Mary keep. PLEASE keep up  the prayers y'all.

Karin
[right][snapback]664789[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

oh I do pray I can see you in september. now just 6 days woohoo!!! Wow the reality is really setting in how much i am going to miss everyone.
God Bless and Mary Keep
Karin

All For Jesus

[quote name='karin' date='Aug 5 2005, 04:22 PM']oh I do pray I can see you in september.  now just 6 days woohoo!!! Wow the reality is really setting in how much i am going to miss everyone.
God Bless and Mary Keep
Karin
[right][snapback]673895[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Wow! It's getting sooo close. :)