An Old School Catholic Message Board

God works in weird ways

the_rev

mariology21

[quote name='the_rev' date='Jul 30 2005, 10:44 PM']So you like playing God and telling me that God can't possibly tell me to look into maybe four different orders?

Who do you think you are?
[right][snapback]665806[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I'm not sure if they're saying that. I think what they mean (and this is just what I'm thinking) is that you should only seriously discern a few at once. Not that you can't be interested in four or ten or however many. But that maybe you should only seriously and prayerfully consider a small amount so as not to "overload" yourself.

I know personally that when I was discerning I had a whole bunch I was looking at. But it just "happened" that at one time it was only two or three that I was seriously considering. And as I would discern and then realize that this one wasn't what God had in mind, another one would come up and I'd discern that one.

But we all have to remember that each person is different. God "talks" to each person in different ways, never the same way to any two people.

~Jen

She's totally right. When you discern all over the place, plus when you think about marriage like you tend to do from time to time based on previous phatmass threads, you are going in all different kinds of ways. Some people end up never following through with their vocations because they can't commit to anything. In my own discernment, I never dated because that would have confused me even more and I only looked into the orders one at a time. You can look into them, but when you get the information you requested, don't discern with all of them at the same time. When it comes time to make the decision 2-6 years into the future (or earlier if you go with the Legionaries where you start in high school), it will be so much easier.

I am taking it one step at at time, I viste the Norbertines weekly, and through those visits I have come into touch that they are to liberl with tons of liturgican abuses, during the mass and abuses within the confessional such as not using the formal absolution.

Now as possibly God is ending the Norbertine phase but still tells me to go there weekly to expereince community, in case God calls somewhere else.

I know Miles Jesu is sending me stuff in the mail. My pastor said be weary, as Miles means Soldier, (soldier of Christ) My pastor advised if you aren't entering the army be careful of an order with soldier in it. Then I went on to say they are bi-ritual. Which is something I have a problem with, the Eastern Church, there theology is weak and I like more complex per se. So maybe God is telling me read their material and see if you can apply anything from then into the vocation I am laying out for you.

Then the Jesuits soon will be sending out information. Look it over, and discern them.

Maybe in the end through all this information that i have read and prayed about, God will use each charism to form me into one of the most orthodox consecrated or secular priest.

So I am NOT discerning all at once, I am looking into several but only requested info from a few.

And I apologize to Totus Tuus my comments were out of life and I ask of her apologies.

Hmmmmmmm, sorry about that Eddie. I was merely using my own experiences to illustrate what may (or may not) happen. I was under the impression that you had been seriously discerning with the Legion, and possibly the Norbertines........so, maybe I misunderstood.

There are no "hard and fast rules" about discerning....I think we all just offered some advice based on our own experiences......We are all different of course, so God will speak to us differently. I think it also depends on our circumstances....for example, distance, communication ability, age, time......there are sooooo many variables for each of us....! And they come in different strengths!!! For example, distance for me!!! which certainly won't affect someone, whereas being too young might...and so on.

I don't know............I think all we can do, is pray!!!!!! and trust that He WILL lead us where we are meant to be!!!

God bless and be with us all.

(Hope I wasn't off on a random Emily-tangent here......!Sorry!)