An Old School Catholic Message Board

Anyone else considering the Summit Dominicans?

msahara

[quote name='dee_lt4life' date='Aug 27 2005, 05:40 PM']Yes, I am discerning them.  I am going to visit in November...

its weird, though, I never in a million years would think this would bring me peace...oh but it does...God is soooooooooo amazing...the way He brings you through life.

i am also waiting on a decision from Nashville.  My heart is torn in 2 though.  All, I can do is wait and keep my focus on Him who strengthens and fills me.
[right][snapback]701118[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I know what you mean!!!! Except, at times, I feel my hearts being wrenched three directions! Sisters of Mary - Summit (or Lockport) Dominicans - Eindhoven Poor Clares.....who knows!!! Although, recently, I've been leaving it up to Him, I've just been concentrating on Him, rather than WHERE. I feel a lot more at peace because of it. SMC taught me to pray "I want what You want." and its helped immeasurably!!!

[quote name='memtherose' date='Aug 28 2005, 01:06 AM']I know what you mean!!!! Except, at times, I feel my hearts being wrenched three directions! Sisters of Mary - Summit (or Lockport) Dominicans - Eindhoven Poor Clares.....who knows!!! Although, recently, I've been leaving it up to Him, I've just been concentrating on Him, rather than WHERE. I feel a lot more at peace because of it. SMC taught me to pray "I want  what You want." and its helped immeasurably!!!
[right][snapback]702407[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Deepa! SMC mentioned you to me :) I'm glad you are going to visit in Nov. I'm going to visit again in Sept. b4 classes start. I'm pretty sure that it's where I'm called. But as memtherose said, I'm just trying to concentrate on Him.

[quote name='AlterDominicus' date='Aug 30 2005, 10:13 AM']When you do visit, be sure to tell SMC, and SJM I said a BIG Hi! They'll know me, of course.

~Amanda
[right][snapback]704955[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I will! And I'm sure they can't forget you.