An Old School Catholic Message Board

MY ASPIRANCY!

Totus Tuus

[quote name='Totus Tuus' date='Aug 12 2005, 07:22 PM']That's awesome. So the Cistercians are like a Benedictine reform Order- cool. The Benedictines are the oldest form of Monasticism, right? So they were founded in the ninth century, if I remember correctly. Wow! Y'all Cistercians outdo us Franciscans as far as your Order's age! That's impressive :)
[right][snapback]683604[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Carmelites trace their heritage to St. Elijah. Tradition holds there have been Carmelites praying on Mt. Carmel even prior to Christ!

Oh that's right! I forgot about Carmelites (how could I??) But you know I really think of Sts. John of the Cross and Teresa of Avila as the two who really made Carmel bloom :)

[quote]TotusTuus - I saw in another topic... assuming all goes well with your aspirancy, you'll be entering the PCPA's in December?? Did I read that right? wink.gif How exciting![/quote]

Yes! Mother Vicar said that I could enter on December 8th! My aspirancy is from October 8-29, then I'll come home for November and enter on the Feast of the Immaculate Conception- the PCPA's 151st anniversary of foundation, and the 151st anniversary of the declaration of the Immaculate Conception as dogma. Prayers are greatly appreciated :)

Edited by Totus Tuus

That IS wonderful news! Oh, you will most certainly be in my prayers! And wow, what an amazing day to be entering! God's blessings, this great Marian solemnity!!!!!!

Oh thank you guys, your prayers are profoundly appreciated. Let's see... it's about 45 days till the aspirancy :) Time goes by so fast lately. I can't believe I have so little of it left at home with my family.

[quote name='ForHimAlone' date='Aug 12 2005, 04:49 PM']Well, the Cistercians look to St. Benedict as their Father.  A reform started in 1098 at the Monastery of Molesme led by St. Robert.  He and a group of other monks wishing to follow a stricter observance of the Holy Rule of Saint  Benedict left for Citeaux- the beginning of the Cistercian Order.  St. Robert's feast day is April 29.

And I can vouch- the Cistercian habit may look beautiful in pictures, but it's even more beautiful up close and personal! ^_^  The Poor Clares' habit is so beautiful, too!  I just love praying the rosary with the Poor Clare nuns on EWTN- they are so cute!
[right][snapback]683481[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

You have it all wrong, ST. Bernard of Clarvieux reformed the Cistercians. Didn't he?