An Old School Catholic Message Board

My New Vocation

the_rev

You read it right, I have a new vocation.

During my summer visits to the perpetual adoration chapel in Green Bay, I have come to the realization that God has given me a new vocation.

As members of PM said, I shouldn't be rushing into my vocation. I have plenty years a head of me. And that is absolutly true, and part of my new vocation as well.

My vocation is to be a teenager, but one that is different. A teenager who prays and is a witness to others of his faith in Christ Jesus, (to young people and older alike.)

My vocation is that if God wants me to date a girl that I will and pray seriously about maybe the vocation of marriage.

You see, I really don't know what my vocation is. I think that [b]I[/b] wanted to be a priest. Not saying that I am leaving behind the idea, I am just going to live and experience life at the momment.

Also God is calling me to Charity. To give to others as Jesus so abundently gives to me. (That calling was given to me today)

I want to stress I am not setting a side the vocation to the priesthood, I will continue to pray the office, the rosary, etc. and still visit with the norbertines and other orders, but there is a need for myself to start relationships with other people.

If my calling to the priesthood is a true calling it will always prevail. So just pray for me, that I will come to know my vocation more fully in the next 6-10 years.

Yours in Christ,

Eddie Lee

[quote name='the_rev' date='Aug 17 2005, 07:25 AM']but there is a need for myself to start relationships with other people.
[right][snapback]687615[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

:yes:

My brother went through a similar trial. He was actually in the seminary for 1 and a half years. I too told my girl if anything (God Forbid) ever happen to her i would seriously consider the Preisthood becuase i know what it is like to feel a calling to such a vocation.

there is no need to set aside anything.. discernment is, by definition, a period wherein through prayer, meditation, etc. one finds where his calling is. Discernment isn't a time where one sees if he is called to priesthood, separate from married life -- as if there were two different discernments. Rather, it is a holistic, in toto approach where one discovers where he is called -- married, single-lay, or religious life...... I think there may be some confusion about what discernment is....

And, also because you are discerning shouldn't prevent you from forming relationships with friends, etc.... so long, as nothing inappropriate to your state in life occurs and you live out the Authentic Catholic Single life....

[quote name='the_rev' date='Aug 17 2005, 09:25 AM']
You see, I really don't know what my vocation is.  I think that [b]I[/b] wanted to be a priest.  Not saying that I am leaving behind the idea, I am just going to live and experience life at the momment. 

Yours in Christ,
Eddie Lee
[right][snapback]687615[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Eddie my prayers are with you. I UNDERSTAND HOW YOU FEEL. :P:

I have been home about a week. I spent some time with a community discerning. I came home with no answers but more questions.
:idontknow:

One of the things God is now asking of me is to take a look at getting
re-married. :shock: THIS WAS NOT ON THE AGENDA. >:(

My brain is numb. :( I don't know what to think. So consequently I'm not (thinking that is). I am like you, I am taking one day at a time.

Eddie, I think that's awesome!

All Christ asks of us is to follow His will for our life day by day - as long as you do that, and trust that God will lead you where you need to be - you're set! :yahoo:

Also Our Lady just two days ago gave me a mission as well, to travel around NE Wisconsin talking about my devotion to her, and about apparations, mainly one in particular, Medjugorje.

I have had my first talk last night and have three more scheduled before school starts. I never thought after one trip to Medjugorje, that Our Lady would be wanting a 16 year old speaking to others about her there, but it turns out I am her instrument. Helping others in their devotion to our heavenly mother.

Peace of Christ,

Eddie Lee

I want to have a deep devotion to Jesus in his Divine Mercy!

Looking at Christ in the Divine Mercy leaves me with a serene calmness I just do not get ANYWHERE else!

Also, Eddie, I am very happy you are giving discernment to other possibilities as well! :clap:

I pray that you will come to know your vocation through Christ, who strengthens us!

All For Jesus

[quote name='zabbazooey' date='Aug 20 2005, 02:24 PM']I want to have a deep devotion to Jesus in his Divine Mercy!

Looking at Christ in the Divine Mercy leaves me with a serene calmness I just do not get ANYWHERE else!
[right][snapback]691872[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Yes... I love this devotion. The Chaplet of Divine Mercy is wonderful! Have you read Divine Mercy in My Soul? It is the Diary of St. Faustina. It's a big book, but even just reading bits and pieces is great!

wanderingsoul

[quote name='the_rev' date='Aug 19 2005, 10:52 PM']Also Our Lady just two days ago gave me a mission as well, to travel around NE Wisconsin talking about my devotion to her, and about apparations, mainly one in particular, Medjugorje.

I have had my first talk last night and have three more scheduled before school starts.  I never thought after one trip to Medjugorje, that Our Lady would be wanting a 16 year old speaking to others about her there, but it turns out I am her instrument.  Helping others in their devotion to our heavenly mother.

Peace of Christ,

Eddie Lee
[right][snapback]691222[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Just curious, are you saying that Our Lady appears to you?

No, I mean that for some reason ST. Aggie parish in Green Bay heard I went to Medjugorje and wanted me to talk about the history and my expeirence. So I did, and now i have several speaking engagments at ladies associations and things like that.

A new mission given to me by our Lady.

wanderingsoul

[quote name='the_rev' date='Aug 22 2005, 05:17 PM']No, I mean that for some reason ST. Aggie parish in Green Bay heard I went to Medjugorje and wanted me to talk about the history and my expeirence.  So I did, and now i have several speaking engagments at ladies associations and things like that.

A new mission given to me by our Lady.
[right][snapback]694572[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Sorry......misunderstood. I just wanted to make sure, because if Our Lady does visit with you, I was hoping you could put in a good word for me :)