An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why can't it be now!

Smile_Jesus_loves_you

Smile_Jesus_loves_you

I wnat to be able to leave all behind and be only for christ [color=red]right NOW [/color]but i cannot as i am only 15 and not ready.
Patience is not one of my virtues so i ask for your prayers

thank you in christ,
Mia

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

You aren't the only one in that boat... While I was a junior in High School, I just wanted to run away, but I didn't know where I would go enter! So now I feel like I must enter now that I know where the Lord wants me, but there are many barriers I need to get over now.

MilesChristi

[quote name='Smile_Jesus_loves_you' date='Aug 23 2005, 12:08 PM']I wnat to be able to leave all behind and be only for christ [color=red]right NOW  [/color]but i cannot as i am only 15 and not ready.
[right][snapback]695557[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I can understand what you're feeling; however, your life's vocation does not begin upon entering the religious life. Rather, it has already begun! Jesus is calling you to offer yourself totally to Him right now, as a fifteen year old and in your present circumstances. All of your days are full of precious opportunities to serve the Lord. God has a plan to sanctify every stage of our lives, building grace upon grace. Pray to Jesus, that you may accomplish His holy will in your life [i]today[/i].

Prayers... :)

AlterDominicus

Your definitely not the only one in the boat!!! I'm 16 and a to be Sophomore in High School! So as soon as school starts in the next couple weeks, I'll have two years left! And I'm leaving a week after my 19th b-day in the Summer of 2008! To SMME.

In the meantime I am so like 24/7 invovled in the Church! and in discernement and etc...

FlyLikeABird

I was 16 when I started and I felt the same way! Don't worry, You will get there in good time and I am of the mind that the journey will help you! I've been journeying for 8 years!

MC IMaGiNaZUN

Senior year of high school i started thinking of priesthood/religious life (i didn't know the difference back then). that was five years ago. Honestly if it wasnt for that drive, i don't know if i would have graduated high school. I was intelligent, but a terrible student, until i was told priests need to have master's degrees. But i didnt enter right out of high school, because God had a couple of things for me to learn first. If i did join at that time i probably would have left.
But as of three days ago i moved into a religious house of formation in San Diego. Going to finish up school over here and get my BA. i am 21 now, going on 22. And wow, it is exhilerating.
I just hope to encourage you Miss Jesus Loves You. I want you to remember to Smile, Because he loves you deeply. One of the girls from my parish is starting her senior year in high school, and she desperately wants to get into the convent immediately as well. And she doesnt have much support from anybody (not even her family, and surprisingly many people in church as well), except for me. But keep holding on. Learn to be intimate with Jesus.
And dedicate your life more deeply to prayer, so right now you can be close and intimate to Jesus.
SHALOM
IMaGiNaZUN
PS Jesus Loves You!!!!

Smile_Jesus_loves_you

[quote name='MC IMaGiNaZUN' date='Aug 26 2005, 04:47 PM'].
I just hope to encourage you Miss Jesus Loves You.  I want you to remember to Smile, Because he loves you deeply.  And dedicate your life more deeply to prayer, so right now you can be close and intimate to Jesus.
SHALOM
IMaGiNaZUN
PS Jesus Loves You!!!!
[right][snapback]700393[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

thank so much, it touched me and was what i needed to hear. you are in my prayers as is the girl from your parish.

About the waiting.......I know what you mean, I have felt "called" on and off since I was about eleven or twelve! I seriously discerned for a while when I was 14! I was so impatient, but then it fell out of the picture...

However, about three or four years later, religious life and things religous, (Mass. Adoration, and prayer, youth group and so on) are the only things that REALLY interest me now!!!! I still like other things, and I appreciate them, but they cannot COMPARE to our Lord!!!

Have you read St Therese of Lisieux's Story of a Soul??? She had to wait quite a while before entering...and has great ideas as what to do in preparation for the time when you will be able to be utterly His! I like her "little way" as well!

You're definitely in my prayers! I have issues with patience as well! (I get frustrated with my computer as some pages take so long to load!) :blush:

I hear you. I'm 16 and a junior in high school, and I've been discerning seriously for a couple years now. Just know that there is a reason that the Lord gave you the grace to understand your vocation at such a young age. This grace will be crucial in avoiding many things you would later live to regret in high school, and it will also stir in you a keen awareness of the preparation period for the vocation.

Think of it like this- right now is your "desert time." Draw into the desert and be there in the stillness and solitude with your Beloved. Learn from Him, listen to Him, know the Beat of His Heart. You'll find that these years of preparation may be wonderful years!

Edited by ForHimAlone

MC IMaGiNaZUN

in the old days, God called many of the Saints to religious life at 14 and 15. I don't see why our American culture, economy, social laws, and what not is going to stop God from calling young ladies at that age. Being called at a young age is a wonderful beautiful thing. And being committed to such a call, that grace is a very powerful witness. Keep it up!!
SHALOM