An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sisters of Mary Mother of the Eucharist II

AlterDominicus

catholicflower

I went to orbitz and decided that Northwestern had the best price @ $194 then I went to their website and got it for about $185. I am lucky because I can fly out of one of three airports (Reagan, Dulles, or BWI) and pretty much every airline in the US flies out of them so they have to price them competively.

Tips: get tehre 90 minutes- 2 hours early. Be prepared to be bored. Make sure you bring several things to occupy you on the flight (depending on how long- my flight is 90 minutes). Dramine is good. Bring gum for going up and down.

***I would suggest buying tickets now because the prices are going to skyrocket (gas prices)

Edited by catholicflower

Very exciting, everyone!!! SIX days until entrance!!!! My friend Ashley and I have been over at the Motherhouse for an average of 7 hours each of the past three days, and it's soooo great! Today was moving day, and we're all so excited about entrance AND even looking forward to a HUGE retreat!!!!

I just got my tickets reserved! My Mom insists on comming with me since I've never flown before, she's staying at the airport's hotel. It will be nice to have her there, anyway, and I'll be more sure of what I'm doing when I have to fly by myself next time. :)

AlterDominicus

[quote name='crusader03' date='Sep 2 2005, 08:15 PM']Very exciting, everyone!!! SIX days until entrance!!!! My friend Ashley and I have been over at the Motherhouse for an average of 7 hours each of the past three days, and it's soooo great! Today was moving day, and we're all so excited about entrance AND even looking forward to a HUGE retreat!!!!
[right][snapback]709126[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

*Thumbs up* Excellent...anymore Mother Assumpta stories Carly?! Haha. I'll probably talk to you on Monday the day before school starts.

7 Hours = :shock: :shock:

Lucky, whenever I go to a convent (always the Little Sisters of the Poor)
Average = 4 hours.... ^_^

NOTE: PRAYER INTENTIONS = That the Lord MAY PROVIDE TRANSPORTATION to the OCTOBER retreat for me!

Edited by AlterDominicus

If you can fly out of Ft. Lauderdale, Ft. Myers, Las Vegas, Los Angelos, Myrtle Beach, New York, Orlando, Tampa, or Washington....check out Spirit Airlines. www.spiritairlines.com I flew to detroit both times using them and go tickets for as cheap as $64 each way. The only thing is you might have to arrive a day early and stay a day late because of flight times, but that is no real tragedy. :)

Actually getting there early depends on where you live. I'm from S.t Louis, and 45 minutes is enough to get through security. When I flew from Normal, I only had to be there half an hour early to get on the flight. If you fly out of a bigger airport, then get there early.

Also, don't bring scissors. Sometimes I wonder if TSA means "Takes Scissors Away" Also, wear socks because you take your shoes off.

Southwest always has cheap flights, too. I fly Northwest because I have a lot of frequent flyer miles from them (I'll have 14,000+ after I visit the Sister Servants later this month)