An Old School Catholic Message Board

Help!

zabbazooey

I meant don't force yourself to spend prolonged periods in Adoration, or prayer. Our Lord could be willing that you only adore or pray so much, believe it or not. Sixtina... o boy. Rachel, Sam, Sixtina: the Mass was offered today for all of you. Sorry I wasn't on so much yesterday, I've been kinda busy. Well talk to you guys later.

In Jesus and Mary,
Brendan

Sixtina -- a little advice:

If you are discerning a religious vocation, it's best to stay away from the dating scene as it may cloud your decisions....

Just a thought. :)

Edited by zabbazooey

[quote name='Sixtina87' date='Sep 3 2005, 05:13 PM']I spent most of today with the guiy who has the 3 yr old son. we talked alot, we watched movies, we had lunch, and I got to meet his son who is such a flirt!!!!!!!!!! This guy is very differnt compared to most I meet. He doesnt want to pressure me inot sex which is what we tlaked about most of the night!!!!!!! He doesnt want a relationship that is focused around sex!!!!!!!!!! But I was kinda unhappy a a point because just ebing with him, there was sometrhing missing!!!!!!!!! I think that thing that was missing is the religious life and my discernment to that life!!!!!!!!!! I miss the Sisters of Nazareth and i really do want to enter with them and I think thats where my happiness is!!!!!!!! So confused!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[right][snapback]709270[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I am quite confused about the nature of your relationship to this man....

[quote]Sixtina -- a little advice:

If you are discerning a religious vocation, it's best to stay away from the dating scene as it may cloud your decisions....

Just a thought.  :)  [/quote]

I guess so.....I went through, and am going through this at the moment. There is a guy that I really like, but through liking him, I've come to be much surer of my (cloistered) vocation...! He is lovely (although agnostic, lol)

HOWEVER, I did get some advice to ignore my feelings and so on, but thats not the way to go about it. Having feelings for a guy is perfectly natural! As soon as I came to undersdtand this, and I actually talked about him with a friend....My feelings didn't disappear, but they are easier to deal with. I like him....but I love Jesus, and He is calling me (of all people!) to be His spouse....!!!!!!

I would say just really think and pray about it....but don't ignore the feelings, as they sound normal (except for the age difference...!?) Didn't you have a similar thing happen, Rachel?

And who knows......maybe your vocation will end being marriage!!!

AlterDominicus

[quote name='Sixtina87' date='Sep 2 2005, 11:13 PM']I spent most of today with the guiy who has the 3 yr old son. we talked alot, we watched movies, we had lunch, and I got to meet his son who is such a flirt!!!!!!!!!! This guy is very differnt compared to most I meet. He doesnt want to pressure me inot sex which is what we tlaked about most of the night!!!!!!! He doesnt want a relationship that is focused around sex!!!!!!!!!! But I was kinda unhappy a a point because just ebing with him, there was sometrhing missing!!!!!!!!! I think that thing that was missing is the religious life and my discernment to that life!!!!!!!!!! I miss the Sisters of Nazareth and i really do want to enter with them and I think thats where my happiness is!!!!!!!! So confused!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[right][snapback]709270[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Then just be good friends with this man. You dont want to be unhappy, and certianly God doesnt want you to be unhappy. I would suggest you keep praying, give it a couple of weeks.

considering this man's background i wouldn't even recommend being friends. i'd sever all ties with him, and give the situation to the Heart of Jesus.

[quote name='memtherose' date='Sep 3 2005, 11:30 PM']Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I am quite confused about the nature of your relationship to this man....
I guess so.....I went through, and am going through this at the moment. There is a guy that I really like, but through liking him, I've come to be much surer of my (cloistered) vocation...! He is lovely (although agnostic, lol)

HOWEVER, I did get some advice to ignore my feelings and so on, but thats not the way to go about it. Having feelings for a guy is perfectly natural! As soon as I came to undersdtand this, and I actually talked about him with a friend....My feelings didn't disappear, but they are easier to deal with. I like him....but I love Jesus, and He is calling me (of all people!) to be His spouse....!!!!!!

I would say just really think and pray about it....but don't ignore the feelings, as they sound normal (except for the age difference...!?) Didn't you have a similar thing happen, Rachel?

And who knows......maybe your vocation will end being marriage!!!
[right][snapback]710365[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I didn't say supress your feelings and bottle them up, did I? No, I meant it's best not to get involved romantically. Be friends, spend time together, but just don't have romantic ties....like dating, boyfriend/girlfriend, that kind of stuff. It can cloud your judgment on a lot of things, especially a religious vocation.

Believe me, I know from experience how difficult it makes things. :)

htanks everyone on your comments about my "relationship" with this older guy. I havent talked to him since monday!!!!!! I did have 25 dollars in minutes on my cell but since he wouldnt stop texting me over stupid things, my minutes are out and I have to wait unitl tomorrow to add more minutes.....grrr!!!!!!1 But he asked me what I was thinking the other night, I todl him there was something missing but I didnt know what. But i did know what was missing but I didnt want to tell him. He kept texting me to see if we are going to stay friends or start a serious relationship. He knows I am going on retreat this weekend and I would let him know later!!!! But i want o be friends with him becuase I I feel and know that my vocation is to be a Sister, Christ's Spouse!!!!!!!!!! But what community??? i dont know!!!!!!!!!!! I hope the Sisters of Nazareth!!!!!!!!!! But i cant talk to them unitl after the 17th!!!!!!!!!! So when i get done with the retreat, i will tell him that i want to be friends and nothing else. I desire something that he cant give me, only Christ can!!!!!!!!!!

I know!!!! I'm so proud of myself!!!!!!! Sister Rosaria is safe and soudn and of course asleep!!!!!!!!!! tomorrow, we are going to say morning prayer together, go to mass, and then do some running around before the big retreat. I foud out the we ar eboth group leaders for the retreat and that makes me sooo happy!!!!!!!!!!! :breakdance: this retreat is gunna be awesome but sadly our beloved Bishop wont be there, grr!!!!!!!!