An Old School Catholic Message Board

Little Sisters of the Poor

DesiringMore

Anyone discerning the Little Sisters of the Poor? www.lspusa.org

I have been working and discerning them for a year now. I have been to many different homes and the same spirit is among each home. they are a beautiful order filled with fervent servants, young and old serving the elderly in the best homes all around the world.

Yes, i have!!!!!!!!!! I have known them for yrs now and Ihavent beenable to go see them, yet!!!!!!!!! I have been in contact with Sr. maria De lAluz in chicago!!!!!!!!!!! they are certaihnly a great community and so on.

I was first introduced to the Little Sisters of the Poor a few years ago, when a friend at college visited them for several days over break. She returned in amazement at the happiness and hospitality shown her by the residents: "They invited me to their table just as if it were their own home!" But it is.

Since then, I travelled with some girls up to their retreat in Chicago last January. I will also be taking the 5/6th grade girls I teach to their hospitality day at the home near me.

The sisters radiate love and simplicity, all living out their vow of hospitality (don't they take another one?) and their foundress's charim of Littleness.

I am not discerning with them, however. :)

"I have been in contact with Sr. maria De lAluz in chicago"

i'll have to tell her when i see her on friday that i spoke with you!!!

"The sisters radiate love and simplicity, all living out their vow of hospitality (don't they take another one?) and their foundress's charim of Littleness."

obedience, poverty, chastity, and hospitality

they live their vows from the heart!! it is beautiful!!

Even if it does sound so holy theyare very good Sisters and they have a awesome mission and I respect them for that mission. they give up everything they have to be a Sister for one, but what makes their community so specail is that they dedicate their lives around chirst and his children which are the elderly!!!!! I'm dont know about you but you would have to have alot of patence to work with the elderly and alot of love to continue doing that every single day!!!!!!

Yes seeing the elderly can be fun but man when i took my CCD kids there to do service, a elderly women refused to talk to them alone without me and she walked out on them twice!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='Sixtina87' date='Sep 7 2005, 12:07 AM']

Yes seeing the elderly can be fun but man when i took my CCD kids there to do service, a elderly women refused to talk to them alone without me and she walked out on them twice!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!
[right][snapback]714057[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I DO NOT FEEL SORRY FOR YOUR CHILDREN IN THAT SITUATION.

I FEEL SORRY FOR HER. Children are "bubbles with skin."
She has no idea of what she is missing.
AGAIN, I FEEL SORRY FOR HER.

:lol_roll: Oh man, i'm laughing!!!!!!!! Yeah thats true, she could have been having a bad day but man the kids could at least tryt o carry a conversation with them instead of just stand/sit there. I was the one doing all the talking!!!!!!!!!