An Old School Catholic Message Board

Longing

benedictaj

let_go_let_God

[quote name='Sixtina87' date='Sep 17 2005, 07:05 PM']Okay kinda the same problem, but i dont know about restless!!! i have been desiring to be in a religious community now. My daily life is not complete. St. therese keep spoping in my mind and how she entered by going to the Pope. Thats seems likea  good idea to me but would my Bishop do anything??? HOw about the Mother general of the community???? I dont know what to do besides pray!!!!! Any suggestions???
[right][snapback]727644[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Well first of all, how old are you? I would say finish school (jr. high, high, college, wherever you are) and keep praying. God will lead you where he wants you as long as you keep an open heart. Also if you want to talk to sisters or the Mother general of a community that's fine, just don't end up saying I want to join now, so where's my room? :D: There's nothing wrong with doing reasurch, just keep an open heart.

God bless-
LGLG

[quote name='let_go_let_God' date='Sep 17 2005, 08:37 PM']Well first of all, how old are you? I would say finish school (jr. high, high, college, wherever you are) and keep praying. God will lead you where he wants you as long as you keep an open heart. Also if you want to talk to sisters or the Mother general of a community that's fine, just don't end up saying I want to join now, so where's my room?  :D: There's nothing wrong with doing reasurch, just keep an open heart.

God bless-
LGLG
[right][snapback]727739[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

i have known this community for 3 yrs now adn i have already requested to enter. I asked before i was to graduate from HS. My heart is wanting more than what my life right now can give. I miss everything and i am not fully happy, there's something missing. I am happy with my life but I would be so much ahppier in the convent doing the Lord's work rahte rthan doing my work to keep me from asking for money from ym parents!!!!

let_go_let_God

Knowing for the past 3 years that you've wanted to join that community. I've only known for about 7 months that I've seriously felt like it is God's will to be married.

God bless-
LGLG

well, i have actually known for over a yr now . But when i visited thema t one of their smaller convents, I was at peace and it was home. But i have known the community for 3 yrs now.