An Old School Catholic Message Board

Eucharistic Adoration Weekend

Sixtina87

Hey everyone!!!!!!!!!

Wow this weekend is gunna be excititng for me!!!!!!!! Tonight I have a PDDM Sister from California flying in for the weekend. This Sister is Part of the Pauline Family, but in my opinion, the Daughters of St. Paul are more well known. But they are great Sisters/family!!!!!!!!!! Sr. Rosaria who is the Vd for the PDDM community is attending the retreat with me and isny leaving unitl monday morning. I have been counting all day the time remaining unitl her arrival!!!!!! I'm so excited.

Besides Sister rosaria comming in town, there is also a Eucharistic Adoartion retreat that we are attending. this is the reason why Sister is comming her for the weekend!!!!!! It is 3 days full of prayer, talks, mass, reflections and of course time with Christ!!!!!!! Yeah!!!!!! I found out this morning that Sister and I are gourp leaders for the youth whoa re attending this retreat!!!!!!!! I'm gunna be tired but yet so renewed spiritually fromt his weekend like i was last time when I attended.

Please pray for all those who are attending this retreat. I will certainly pray for you and my novena buddy, Flylikeabird, and most importantly those who were affected by the hurricane!!!!!!!!!!

God bless!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PDDM stand for........Sister Disciples of the Divine Master. they are par tof the Pauline Fmaily, who were founded by (Blessed) Fr. James Alberione.

Yeah, Blessed Alberione. They specialize in liturgical art and things like that. They're not the most traditional Order (abbreviated habits, etc.), but I don't know much about them besides that.

Thats the website. I havce onyl been in contact with them for only a few weeks, I think but I dont think any more than 2 months. Right now Sister is asleep. Her flight came in on time. She met my "spiritual mother" Sara, and my gradnparents, whom she is staying with including myself. She is very nice and I cant wait to say prayer with her tomorrow!!!!!!! Yeah!!!! Anyways, I might have to get up early and get ready for the day that we have planned. I better finnish up email and get to sleep!!!!!!

Thanks everyone!!!!!!! So far all is good. the retreat starts this evening at 6 or 7. Sister and I are going out for dinner but I think she wants to pay, um nope, I am!!!!!!!! She has doen so much already, she has given my family gifts, and even brought food!!!!!!!!! Right now she is resting so that gives me time to do what ever. this morning we went to my work to get my pay check , and being that work is at the mall, I kept loseing her when i was trying to buy my items from work!!!!!!!!! I foudn her looking AT bAPTISM gowns. I was laughing at her until she noticed me!!!!!!! She makes me laugh!!!!!!!!!!!! But i love her dearly. The Sisters were abit weird about letting her come here since I have never her before until now. I had invited her for the retreat and she accepted. I guess a Sister said she wold have not gone but Sister Rosaria Trusts me!!!!! Wow, now there's someone who does!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!

the retreat was really awesome. It was led by the Borthers of St. John. It was full of prayer before Jesus, we had benidiction, rosary, mass, talks music and even a vocation call. we even had time to goof around during the meals. There was a priest there form the St. john community and he is from fance, and he is so funny. we kept goofying around all weekend. He came up to my pruse Sunday morning and i had a cre bear keychain and Father started tlaking to the bear. Everyone aroudn me stopped tlaking and focused on fahter and my bear, and then everyone started laughing. He is so funny and has such a good heart. we are like good friends now. Anyways, i did alot during teh retreat, i helped say the rosary, i was a group leader,i gave a testimony and did something else. Oh yeah we had several games going on during the entire weekend, there was hte cup game, kinda liek stomp, and then we had a secret game that you didnt even know until you said Yes to the game, this game is hard though!!!!!!!! We the FSGM Sisters there and i talked to both of them. the jr sistersand i got along great because we both are red-heads!!!!!! LOL!!!!!! I kept looking at the display of pics that hadf and i almost started crying and asked Sr. Beata the vd if i could re-discern with the community, so far no word on if i can or not. We tok a walk and just trlaked for an hour or so. I was in tears by the end of the talk we had. but other than that, I had such a great weekend and i took some pics but no a whole lot. i wil tryt o post them on here asap. But i have to figure out how!!!!!