An Old School Catholic Message Board

Theology of the Body

srmarymichael

srmarymichael

[quote name='hugheyforlife' date='Nov 11 2005, 02:11 AM']the page didnt work for me :(
[right][snapback]785527[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

If you're referring to the one about the bride, it's a pdf file (Adobe Reader). You can download it from www.adobe.com

Or find another computer that already has Adobe Reader....

Edited by srmarymichael

srmarymichael

I saw Christopher West last weekend. If you ever get the chance to hear him talk, go for it!

Here's a quote from the section called, "The Reality of the Gift":

[b]Holiness "is measured according to the 'great mystery' in which the Bride responds with the gift fo love to the gift of the Bridegroom".[/b]

In other words, we cannot be holy by how hard we try to be holy. The only way to be holy is to get on our knees and accept the gift from God. It's God's grace that will make us holy!!!

srmarymichael

[quote name='srmarymichael' date='Nov 14 2005, 06:15 PM']I saw Christopher West last weekend.  If you ever get the chance to hear him talk, go for it!

Here's a quote from the section called, "The Reality of the Gift":

[b]Holiness "is measured according to the 'great mystery' in which the Bride responds with the gift fo love to the gift of the Bridegroom".[/b]

In other words, we cannot be holy by how hard we try to be holy.  The only way to be holy is to get on our knees and accept the gift from God.  It's God's grace that will make us holy!!!
[right][snapback]788900[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Let me explain this a bit further. In the light of the Theology of the Body, think of how Mary accepted the gift of the Holy Spirit to take Jesus in her body. Think of how a wife accepts the gift of her husband to have their baby.

With us (all of God's children), we open our hands in acceptance and abandonment to God's grace and mercy. God wants us to be holy!!!

For men (Christopher West says), if it makes you uncomfortable to think of this analogy, think of it as the Creator giving to the creature.

srmarymichael

[quote name='srmarymichael' date='Nov 14 2005, 09:41 PM']Let me explain this a bit further.  In the light of the Theology of the Body, think of how Mary accepted the gift of the Holy Spirit to take Jesus in her body.  Think of how a wife accepts the gift of her husband to have their baby. 

With us (all of God's children), we open our hands in acceptance and abandonment to God's grace and mercy.  God wants us to be holy!!! 

For men (Christopher West says), if it makes you uncomfortable to think of this analogy, think of it as the Creator giving to the creature.
[right][snapback]789106[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

This is just scratching the surface. It is so deep and has so many facets. I hope you will study this for yourself!

[quote name='srmarymichael' date='Oct 24 2005, 10:13 AM']Christopher West will be in Dallas Nov. 11-13th!!!  There's a page that you can download to fill out if you want to go.  I might go because I was going to be in town that weekend anyway!!!  What a coinky dinky (coincidence).

[url="http://www.udallas.edu/advancement/pr.cfm?NewsArticleID=1647"]University of Dallas Theology Department[/url]
[right][snapback]769015[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I was sooo there!!! :o You went too?? Oh man, it was amazing...I learned so much. And...our group went out to dinner with him on Friday night. So cool. He is such an amazing man.

So, what did you think of it?

[quote name='sweetpea316' date='Nov 15 2005, 11:23 AM']I was sooo there!!!  :o  You went too??  Oh man, it was amazing...I learned so much. And...our group went out to dinner with him on Friday night. So cool. He is such an amazing man.

So, what did you think of it?
[right][snapback]789933[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Of course Sister went!!!! She probally wouldt miss it for the world!!!! LOL, yeah Sister what did you think of it???? I never asked you that question...until now!!!!!

[quote name='srmarymichael' date='Nov 14 2005, 06:15 PM'][b]Holiness "is measured according to the 'great mystery' in which the Bride responds with the gift fo love to the gift of the Bridegroom".[/b]
[right][snapback]788900[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I love that quote Sister!!!!! I actually understood it for the first time, after reading it once!!!!! LOL!!!!Wehnit comes to reading and comphrehending things...I'm abit slow!!!!! Or so does my parents say!!!!! :idontknow:

[quote name='srmarymichael' date='Nov 14 2005, 09:41 PM']Let me explain this a bit further.  In the light of the Theology of the Body, think of how Mary accepted the gift of the Holy Spirit to take Jesus in her body.  Think of how a wife accepts the gift of her husband to have their baby. 

With us (all of God's children), we open our hands in acceptance and abandonment to God's grace and mercy.  God wants us to be holy!!! 

[right][snapback]789106[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Couldnt have said that better Sister!!!!!! well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bigclap: LOL!!!