An Old School Catholic Message Board

Countdown thread!

zabbazooey

Woo hoo!!! :woot:

I can't wait.

I'm so excited because I think this one is excellent for me. But we will just have to see!!! :love:

I hate Geography......How can I count the ways?

I'm on break posting on Phatmass :sweat:

I gotta get my fix. :lol:

That's awesome! Hope u have an awesome time! I want to visit a convent, sadly, it doesn't seem we have any where i live, but one day, i would like to visit the Missionaries of Charity in NYC. Hope it goes well! That's really cool that u get to go!

I hope I really enjoy it there! I might go back to visit next spring if I really like it there. Maybe go to their summer retreat! ;)

[quote name='avemaria40' date='Sep 30 2005, 05:07 PM']That's awesome!  Hope u have an awesome time!  I want to visit a convent, sadly, it doesn't seem we have any where i live, but one day, i would like to visit the Missionaries of Charity in NYC.  Hope it goes well!  That's really cool that u get to go!
[right][snapback]742375[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Wow their order is very difficlut, mission wise. I lovd the Siters but after reading the requirements and things about tehc ommunity, I couldnt survive!!! i was told by one their sister that if you are seriously discerning and want to go visit a community near you, you have to go to New York and stay there for 2 weeks and if by the term ends and you survived so to speak you can go stay with one of their communties near you. We have their Sisters located in our diocese but they give up so much, their hair, driving a car, and so forth!!!!! its the most hardest and poorest sate ion relgiious life i have ever seen!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='Sixtina87' date='Sep 30 2005, 10:01 PM']Wow their order is very difficlut, mission wise. I lovd the Siters but after reading the requirements and things about tehc ommunity, I couldnt survive!!! i was told by one their sister that if you are seriously discerning and want to go visit a community near you, you have to go to New York and stay there for 2 weeks and if by the term ends and you survived so to speak you can go stay with one of their communties near you. We have their Sisters located in our diocese but they give up so much, their hair, driving a car, and so forth!!!!! its the most hardest and poorest sate ion relgiious life i have ever seen!!!!!!!!!
[right][snapback]742686[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Actually, you usually visit the local communities first before the 2 week come and see. You only have to do the come and see if you want to enter (I think the CFRs have the mandatory come and see for entrance, too).

I've been working with the MCs since I was 17, and I've never been on a come and see in NYC. I work with their children's programs in St. Louis. It's funny because since I moved back home, the Sister in charge of the youth stuff calls me whenever she needs something. Right now, I help at the afterschool program on Fridays, and I am preparing two of the teenagers who have been coming for years for baptism and first communion.

Their life is tough, but the cool thing is that they are so detached yet very much a part of the world because of how they work for it. Those Sisters could probably tell you more about that neighborhood of the city than the mayor of St. Louis could.

About the Carmelites, I love their habit, too. I first met the Carmelite DCJs on a work camp in 1999, and their habit attracted me because I had never seen a full habit before (the Sisters I wanted to join at the time wear a modified habit). I was 17 and while I knew I was called to the religious life, I didn't quite understand what the differences were between the different orders. I tried to read all kind of Carmelite books in hopes that I could make myself Carmelite so that I could wear that habit, but Carmelite spirituality just didn't appeal to me very much.

I hope your visit is wonderful, Zabbyzooey! I hope you enjoy my hometown!

Rachel, did I tell you I found my friend at the Carmelites of the Sacred Heart?? Her name is Sr. Mary Michael and she lives in the Norther Province.

That's awesome Lauren!!! ^_^

No my "revelation" last night was like I realized that I had not been complaining about my life (it's perfect right now, I have a full ride scholarship, two jobs I LOVE, on the Dean's List, just got a new car, etc) and I was dissatisfied. I realized that it may be a sign of a true vocation, feeling unhappy among worldly things.

AND I first read that on the Carmelite DCJ page!!!! :o

So that's why I was sooo.....indescribably JOYOUS!!! :D:

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='zabbazooey' date='Oct 2 2005, 08:36 PM']What seriously I am uber excited
[right][snapback]744110[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Nuns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hooray! I would be soooo very excited! I know my first visit was quite exciting! :bounce:

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='zabbazooey' date='Oct 2 2005, 09:38 PM']which convent was your first visit?
[right][snapback]744157[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I visited the Dominican Nuns in Lockport, LA ^_^ They were absolutly wonderful! I have to thank Sister Mary Imelda for contacting me and getting me going and standing up with my mother... She was a great help :)

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='zabbazooey' date='Oct 4 2005, 10:10 AM']that sounds great! ^_^

ooh only 9 days left!!! yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :drool:
[right][snapback]745794[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Yay! Sounds so exciting! Woah... you are leaving the 14th right?