An Old School Catholic Message Board

Countdown thread!

zabbazooey

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' date='Oct 6 2005, 05:19 PM']Wow...  you two are going to drive those Sisters crazy!  I can just tell!
[right][snapback]748642[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

LOL, they wouldnt know what to do with us if we did drive them crazy!!!!

[quote name='zabbazooey' date='Oct 7 2005, 11:26 AM']6 days....yay.

This thread is so silly.

Oh well.

I'm really excited!!
[right][snapback]749482[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Hey now, are you referring to me that is going to be driving the Sister crazy!?!?!?!?!?!? LOL!!!!!! I wouldnt do that...Would I?????? :maddest:

My advice is to not be super goofy, especially if there aren't any other retreatants. You'll be exhausted by the end of the day, and you should probably go to sleep because then you'll be exhausted the next day, too. The last time I went on the Martyrs' retreat, some of us stayed up really late, and the early morning comes really fast. Also, if you are too goofy, it might make a bad first impression (because those Carmelites, while joyful, are more subdued than say the Sisters of St. Francis of the Martyr St. George)

I wasn't planning on being crazy ;)

My main goal of this visit is to discern my vocation. I'm glad Nicole is going because at night it will make things a little less lonely. (It's my first time away from home without any family there whatsoever so it will make a nice transition)

I am excited she's going, but I'm more excited that I will be visiting a convent to discern my vocation. ^_^

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

I'm glad you have someone to share your thoughts and such with :) It will be good for you. I know I will be visiting the Poor Clares in two (?) weeks. I can't wait :) I bet you can't wait for next weekend to come! :D:

[quote name='jgirl' date='Oct 8 2005, 09:53 AM']My advice is to not be super goofy, especially if there aren't any other retreatants. You'll be exhausted by the end of the day, and you should probably go to sleep because then you'll be exhausted the next day, too. The last time I went on the Martyrs' retreat, some of us stayed up really late, and the early morning comes really fast. Also, if you are too goofy, it might make a bad first impression (because those Carmelites, while joyful, are more subdued than say the Sisters of St. Francis of the Martyr St. George)
[right][snapback]750524[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

LOL, i understand and know what you mean, i got 4 hrs a night when i visited the 3rd order of St. francis is east peoria!!!! I know that will be exhausted but for some reason i regain enregy somehow!!!!! I was kidding about being goofy but the Alton sister tend to be abit goofy, ie Sr. michael!!!!!! She's the best Alton Sister ever. we are now tryingt o figure out what day would be best to see each other next weekend. i haventn seen her for a few yrs now and I cant wait to do so!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='zabbazooey' date='Oct 8 2005, 10:35 AM']I wasn't planning on being crazy ;)

My main goal of this visit is to discern my vocation. I'm glad Nicole is going because at night it will make things a little less lonely. (It's my first time away from home without any family there whatsoever so it will make a nice transition)

I am excited she's going, but I'm more excited that I will be visiting a convent to discern my vocation.  ^_^
[right][snapback]750534[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Me neither. if the time is right to be that is!!!! I'm silly more than goofy. things are less lonely when you have others around. Discerning your vocation is the point of going, I have beenw anting to see them for 2 yrs now and they have always wanted me to but we couldnt find the right time to do so. but once you meet me you will tell that i'm all about discerning more than goofying off and being stupid and so on. i tend to focus on the religious things when visiting over making firiends with otehrs that are there who are my age and so on. But you seem kool enough!!!!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i asked Sister Immaculatao if she had any tips or anything that we should kow before going, this is what she had to say..... "Not really -- just be open to the Holy Spirit, and let the light of His love sink in your heart."

I'm excitedbut not nervous. I think it is because i have seen so many different communities that I'm use to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow...I've been wanting to go visit some convents too, particularly the Carmelites of the Sacred Heart of Los Angeles, but my parents are refusing to give me their explicit permission, and I feel wrong about going without my parents' blessing, probably as much as I would about getting married without their blessing...so I'm holding off on visits until God changes their hearts.

That was probably one of the worst run-on sentences I've ever written in my life, by the way. :)

[quote name='jiyoung' date='Oct 11 2005, 11:43 PM']Wow...I've been wanting to go visit some convents too, particularly the Carmelites of the Sacred Heart of Los Angeles, but my parents are refusing to give me their explicit permission, and I feel wrong about going without my parents' blessing, probably as much as I would about getting married without their blessing...so I'm holding off on visits until God changes their hearts.

That was probably one of the worst run-on sentences I've ever written in my life, by the way. :)
[right][snapback]754914[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
When I visited the convents I went to, I never had my parents' permission. I just went and didn't tell them. I figured if they knew, they'd try to stop me. My friend who is now a postulant did the same thing.

Yeah if you are 18+ I would suggest just going. You are an adult, and your parents are not going to like everything you do.

In about 24 hrs I'll be in St. Louis!! woo hoo!

Hopefully I will go to visit to Carmelites of the Most Sacred Heart in Feb

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='jgirl' date='Oct 12 2005, 07:06 AM']When I visited the convents I went to, I never had my parents' permission. I just went and didn't tell them. I figured if they knew, they'd try to stop me. My friend who is now a postulant did the same thing.
[right][snapback]755119[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
My mother didn't want me going to visit, but my first visit was to Louisiana which was a huge help in her letting me visit other places as well, even if she isn't happy with it. I know what jiyoung was talking about with having her parent's blessing becuase it is much the same with me. I'm not sure when I will be entering simply because my mother doesn't want me to yet.