An Old School Catholic Message Board

Cool dream!

zabbazooey

I had a dream about the Carmelite Sisters DCJ last night. I was visiting them, and I had a tour.

At the end, I got to attend a postulant getting the habit!!

She had her hair cut off and then she received the habit.

I was CRYING in my dream because it was so beautiful and I was so happy to be witnessing this event.

It's like how you feel when you're at a wedding rehearsal!!!! :saint:

I woke up, and my pillow was SOAKED from tears!!!

I'm not taking it as anything more than a dream, but it does make me feel a little more solid in my vocation, considering most of the time my dreams are really stupid. :sweat:

passionheart

[quote name='zabbazooey' date='Oct 1 2005, 04:02 PM']I had a dream about the Carmelite Sisters DCJ last night. I was visiting them, and I had a tour.

I was CRYING in my dream because it was so beautiful and I was so happy to be witnessing this event.

It's like how you feel when you're at a wedding rehearsal!!!!  :saint:

I'm not taking it as anything more than a dream, but it does make me feel a little more solid in my vocation, considering most of the time my dreams are really stupid.  :sweat:
[right][snapback]743117[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Do you have spiritual director? If you do tell the dream to your director and together discern the dream.

Yes, the Lord can speak to us in our dreams all we have to do is look at scripture but you are wise to keep a little space between yourself and dream. Take all this prayer and ask the Lord for guidance.

All in all, It was a beautiful dream to have.

Blessings
DM

passionheart

[quote name='AlterDominicus' date='Oct 1 2005, 06:05 PM']I have had so many dreams like that, unfortunetly to say they are of the SMME Community, haha.
[right][snapback]743183[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I quite sure that Sr. Joseph Andrew would enjoy learning about that dream :D:

DM

Edited by passionheart

passionheart

[quote name='zabbazooey' date='Oct 1 2005, 08:04 PM']I'm currently looking for a spiritual director!! :D:
[right][snapback]743262[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Excellent!!! If you are discerning God's call for you, then you need a spiritual director.

When I was 18, I felt the touch of God in my life and my whole life changed. I became "Super Disciple" and I was involved in everything, you name it, I was in it. Unfortuately, my head also grew a few sizes too big so much so that people couldn't tell me anything. Unfortunately, that included the Lord as well. I did exactly what St. John of the Cross warned us not to do, I loved the created and not the Creator. In other words , I was glorying myself in the gifts that God had given me and not giving glory to God. :(

Mercifully, I felt flat on my face a couple times to realize my pride and that I needed help and I didn't have all the answers. Also, I needed to grow up in spiritual life as well. I have had more the one Sp. director and the one I have now, we have known each other since we were both 19.(I'm 43 now). It is great because he knows everything about me but as a result , I can't get away with anything either!!! :saint:

Ask God to send you a director or lead you to one. That is how I received my latest director. My friend, who is a priest, came to mind when I was praying about a sp. director. When my friend came to mind, I said No because I thought it was my own feelings. However, when we meet, I hear God through him and so I know he is God's choice for me.

Blessings on your search,

DM

Edited by passionheart

[quote name='zabbazooey' date='Oct 1 2005, 04:02 PM']I had a dream about the Carmelite Sisters DCJ last night. I was visiting them, and I had a tour.

It's like how you feel when you're at a wedding rehearsal!!!!  :saint:

I'm not taking it as anything more than a dream, but it does make me feel a little more solid in my vocation, considering most of the time my dreams are really stupid.  :sweat:
[right][snapback]743117[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

OMG!!!!!! i had a dream too, but it wasnt about teh carmelites, it was about me going from white veil to black!!!!!!! Go to, religiouslife.blogspot.com and read about it!!!!!!!!!

AlterDominicus

[quote name='passionheart' date='Oct 1 2005, 06:43 PM']I quite sure that Sr. Joseph Andrew would enjoy learning about that dream  :D:

DM
[right][snapback]743254[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Hahaha! Your right! :lol_pound: That opportunity will have to wait until the 22nd of October, or if not (I only need some money for gas for my brother to drive me, he said he would) November 5th, Sister Jo will be at the NET Center in my state. :camp:

[quote name='passionheart' date='Oct 1 2005, 08:54 PM']Excellent!!!  If you are discerning God's call for you, then you need a spiritual director.

When I was 18, I felt the touch of God in my life and my whole life changed.  I became "Super Disciple" and I was involved in everything,  you name it, I was in it. Unfortuately, my head also grew a few sizes too big so much so that people couldn't tell me anything. Unfortunately, that included the Lord as well. I did exactly what St. John of the Cross warned us not to do, I loved the created and not the Creator. In other words , I was glorying myself in the gifts that God had given me and not giving glory to God.  :(

Mercifully, I felt flat on my face a couple times to realize my pride and that I needed help and I didn't have all the answers.  Also, I needed to grow up in spiritual life as well.  I have had more the one Sp. director and the one I have now, we have  known each other since we were both 19.(I'm 43 now).  It is great because he knows everything about me but as a result , I can't get away with anything either!!!  :saint:

Ask God to send you a director or lead you to one. That is how I received my latest director. My friend, who is a priest, came to mind when I was praying about a sp. director. When my friend came to mind, I said No because I thought it was my own feelings.  However, when we meet, I hear God through him and so I know he is God's choice for me.

Blessings on your search,

DM
[right][snapback]743315[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Thanks for sharing your story! I do agree- it is very important to have a Spiritual Director when living the Christian life, especially when discerning a call. I had been praying for a Spiritual Director for a long time. When I first saw him, I knew that he was the one God had desired to be my Director. He's a very holy and humble man, and my spiritual life seems to have flourished with his guidance. Moral of the story: Pray, pray, pray for a Director! ^_^

[quote name='zabbazooey' date='Oct 2 2005, 12:48 AM']Awesome dream :thumbsup:

Don't you just LOVE those? :saint:
[right][snapback]743400[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Yes I do, those are the dreams that keep me thinking and focused on His will!!!!!!!

MC IMaGiNaZUN

Thank you for sharing, that is a beautiful dream, and somehow i am a bit jealous... jk

I think the high emotional experience that you had is a good indication. The very fact that your heart had found so much joy in this dream, i would say, does indicate something of what God has for you.

I never had any dreams of this magnitude. What does come to mind, is some autobiographical stuff i read from St. Thomas Merton. And i realized, that my heart had so much joy, when he wrote about the fulfillment of his vocation in regards to his ordination and first mass. It may have been a similar reaction that most folks have watching romantic stories, and wanting to cry... :sadder:

SHALOM
Jesus loves you! ,so smile :D:

Wow Rachel! :D:

I had a deep dream like that once...except I was entering a community (Lockport, I think I've written about this before) When I was entering as a Postulant on February 2, next year. I was very happy.

The weird thing was, that later on, Sr Mary Imelda told me two things: a) Mother Valerie had been in meditative Adoartion, while praying that their foundress (Mother Henry) may send me a sign as to whether or not I am truly called to their community.....and b) that the feast of the Presentation.....Feb 2) was actually Mother Henrys BIRTHDAY! :lol_roll:

It was sooooo amazing at the time..... :D:

Hehehehe, and after all that emotion, as this happened in July or something, ....I no longer think I am called to them...although I imagine I'll still visit! :P: