An Old School Catholic Message Board

We're Going on a Nun Hunt!

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

:idontknow:

I took another look at it. It is hard to tell with the way she is standing.
From the side it resembles Sister Faustina's order.
Is there a better picture available?

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='ofpheritup' date='Oct 4 2005, 08:43 AM']:idontknow:

I took another look at it. It is hard to tell with the way she is standing.
From the side it resembles Sister Faustina's order.
Is there a better picture available?
[right][snapback]745713[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Oh, I'm sorry! That is a Sister Servant of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus in the picture... I was also looking to find another order...
I am so sorry! I was so confused there for a while... the Sister I've been talking about in the past few post (the one I met at WYD from Poland) is not pictured... I was hoping to find out more about her community though... I was describing her, not the Sister Servant of the Most Sacred Heart if Jesus...
I am so sorry about the confusion!
My bad...

Is it possible that St. Faustina's Orders' habit is different in Poland? After all,there have been a lot of modifications. I just can't think of another Order with a red cincture.

[quote name='ofpheritup' date='Oct 4 2005, 02:44 AM']I think I am right because of the habit. Definitely Sister Faustina's order.

Congregation of the Sisters of our Lady of Mercy
241 Neponset Ave.
Dorchester MA 02122

617 288 1202

They do have a website.    sisterfaustina.org
[right][snapback]745544[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

That isn't the Order she founded, that's the Congregation of Our Lady of Mercy. They do not wear red cinctures, but I think the Order Jesus gave her instructions to found does (although she did not live long enough to actually establish the Order, I know they were founded).

All For Jesus

[quote name='Totus Tuus' date='Oct 4 2005, 01:19 PM']That isn't the Order she founded, that's the Congregation of Our Lady of Mercy. They do not wear red cinctures, but I think the Order Jesus gave her instructions to found does (although she did not live long enough to actually establish the Order, I know they were founded).
[right][snapback]745834[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Really? Do you know what their name is?

No, I don't, I'm sorry. But I'm sure you could find it on Google.
Their apostolate was supposed to be to pray for priests, mainly, and for the spreaded devotion to the Divine Mercy, if I remember correctly.
There's quite a bit of info on it in her Diary (which will change your life if you haven't read it yet!)

All For Jesus

I have read it- well, probably just bits and pieces. It's great because you can open the book just about anywhere and find some really good stuff!

1. try [url="http://sisterfaustina.org"]this link HERE[/url]

2. Yes!!!! Her book is awesome....I'm kind of reading it at the moment (along with my other books...!) And you really can just pull it open and start..although, I am reading it the conventioanl way! ;)