An Old School Catholic Message Board

SMME October retreat

FutureSoror

AlterDominicus

Dude, Sister Jo is like the #1 [color=blue]Sister Traveler[/color] I know!

After all she is the "Mother Vicar" (A title so rightfully righted to her!)

[color=red][i]The Successor of the Sisters of Mary Mother of the Eucharist[/i][/color]

:marriage: :mail: :marriage:
:woot:

Guess what!! A family from my church went down to New Orleans with a huge vanload of supplies for a convent that took in a ton of stranded kids, and they met the postulants and novices! They were so excited to tell me about it on Sunday.

AlterDominicus

Freaking awesome! Guess what, I finally got a response from my brother.

Does anyone want to guess?

PS: We should all wear like green t-shirtrs or have a plain white t-shirt and put the SMME logo on it. And write our phatmass screen names on them in the back.

Edited by AlterDominicus

Okay everyone, who is going to SMME retreat. just a helpful hint!!!!! try to be on your best behavior and try not to be really wound up. the Sisters will be watching your every move as if theya re studying a new book. they are looking at you to see if you all belong to their lifestyle and mayeking sure that you are ready for the religious life!!!!!!!!! just to let you know!!!!!!!!!

Really? I know that some people only go for general vocational purposes, not neccessarily with the intent of entering..... :topsy:

Anyway, I'm green with jealousy down here! :tumbleweed:

AlterDominicus

This relates to Sixtina's post

Oh........greatttttttttttttttttt! Sister Jo - I mean, Sister Joseph Andrew's gonna kick me out, lol. :lol_roll:

I suggest BE ON YOUR ULTIMATE best behavior when MA (Mother Assumpta) Is around and always be the first one to offer her tea! Or rather fetch her tea.

Has anyone ever talked to Carly besides me before she entered? Well I did, and MA is the funniest sister there other then SJAB and someone else. Dont be to good, I'd like to quote Amata Means Beloved:

Written by an awesome sister of mine, Sister Mary Catharine, "Obeying the rules meant you were being good. Didnt being good mean you were also trying to be holy? [b]Just two months in the monastery and the nuns had shown her another way.[/b]" So have fun, but be mature, and if you feel like you should give the sisters (like myself) a HIGHER level of respect then do so, it doesnt harm. They arent trying to watch you and give you marks of approval or disapproval. ^_^

Edited by AlterDominicus

LOL yeah, Mandy, Carly had some hilarious stories!!! :lol_roll: I hope everythings going sooooooo well for all the postulants!!

Okies, better go to school. :blush:

With a hundred or so girls who go on the retreats, they aren't scrutinizing you or watching your every move.

Don't be too serious, but be respectful!!! Mainly just be yourself!

I heard the SMME retreats can be a lot of fun.

[quote name='catholicflower' date='Oct 11 2005, 06:58 PM']Oh my goodness 100 girls!!! That is crazy! Its great that so many girls are coming, but oh my!
[right][snapback]754479[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I don't know if that many girls are coming to this one, but that last one in May was HUGE!

[quote name='AlterDominicus' date='Oct 11 2005, 04:27 PM']This relates to Sixtina's post

Oh........greatttttttttttttttttt! Sister Jo - I mean, Sister Joseph Andrew's gonna kick me out, lol. :lol_roll:

I suggest BE ON YOUR ULTIMATE best behavior when MA (Mother Assumpta) Is around and always be the first one to offer her tea! Or rather fetch her tea.

So have fun, but be mature, and if you feel like you should give the sisters (like myself) a HIGHER level of respect then do so, it doesnt harm. They arent trying to watch you and give you marks of approval or disapproval.  ^_^
[right][snapback]754197[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

i dont mean by getting tea for the sisters in order to smell of elderberries ujp. When you alla re there, theya re watching to make sure that you are in a state of discernment and will be thinking if each one of you are called to their particluar community. I found ti out the hard way in my discernment!!!!! i said alto of things i shouldnt have said or did things i shouldnt have done!!!! and i regret it all the time!!!!!!! thats way i am giving you all that advice to be careful on what you say and do!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='Sixtina87' date='Oct 12 2005, 12:39 PM']i dont mean by getting tea for the sisters in order to smell of elderberries ujp. When you alla re there, theya re watching to make sure that you are in a state of discernment and will be thinking if each one of you are called to their particluar community. I found ti out the hard way in my discernment!!!!! i said alto of things i shouldnt have said or did things i shouldnt have done!!!! and i regret it all the time!!!!!!! thats way i am giving you all that advice to be careful on what you say and do!!!!!!!!!!!!
[right][snapback]755385[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

But does that mean that when you go on retreat (discernment or other, but especially discernment) that you shouldn't act like yourself? :unsure: :wacko: :think: :scratchhead:

[quote name='jgirl' date='Oct 12 2005, 12:17 AM']I don't know if that many girls are coming to this one, but that last one in May was HUGE!
[right][snapback]754861[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

i think the last small(er) retreat they had was october 2003...that was my first one....there were 40 something of us.....i also went in february 2004 and there were like 100....i'm pretty sure all the other ones have been packed too

Sr. Joseph Andrew said that the October one is usually the smallest, and the May is the biggest, but more girls come every year. I would guess that there will be at least 80, and probably more. For those of you going, have you ever been to one before? This will be my third. ^_^ I'm finally asking for application papers! I can hardly believe it!