An Old School Catholic Message Board

SMME October retreat

FutureSoror

AlterDominicus

Same here although I know three, I met one at her reception at my parish, Annie!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhh I love Annie to which I dont think I will ever be able to call her by her new name, as seeing I am still calling her Annie!

Is anyone who is going heading towards either Detroit or Port Huron?

My plans aren't working out... the girl I was supposed to travel with(who my priest friend put me in touch with) is being strange:

I am just about ready to trash the idea of this retreat all together. I am having difficulties with this girl I was supposed to travel with as a favour to a priest friend of mine.

Here they are:

1. She has refused so far to give me her phone number.
2. She has refused so far to meet before we travel to another country
together.
3. She lied to me saying that there were no possible travel times between our city and Ann Arbour via bus or train. I point out the various times we could travel, she writes back, saying she won't go unless I drive her.

Problems with me driving her:

1. "My" car isn't my car at all. Technically, my father owns it, but I borrow
it to travel between our cities when I visit him. I don't want to cross the
border in a car that doesn't have my name on the ownership.
2. The car isn't exactly the best... it has this fun habit of refusing to start
every now and then. Not something I want to deal with in another city,
in another country.

Thing is, if I go by myself, I'm stuck by myself on an all night bus each way, with long layovers in Detroit, and I dunno about that.

[quote name='Sanvean' date='Oct 17 2005, 11:55 PM']Is anyone who is going heading towards either Detroit or Port Huron? 

My plans aren't working out... the girl I was supposed to travel with(who my priest friend put me in touch with) is being strange:

I am just about ready to trash the idea of this retreat all together.  I am having difficulties with this girl I was supposed to travel with as a favour to a priest friend of mine.

Here they are:

1. She has refused so far to give me her phone number.
2. She has refused so far to meet before we travel to another country 
    together.
3. She lied to me saying that there were no possible travel times between our city and Ann Arbour via bus or train.  I point out the various times we could travel, she writes back, saying she won't go unless I drive her.

Problems with me driving her:

1. "My" car isn't my car at all. Technically, my father owns it, but I borrow
    it to travel between our cities when I visit him. I don't want to cross the
    border in a car that doesn't have my name on the ownership.
2. The car isn't exactly the best... it has this fun habit of refusing to start
    every now and then. Not something I want to deal with in another city,
    in another country.

Thing is, if I go by myself, I'm stuck by myself on an all night bus each way, with long layovers in Detroit, and I dunno about that.
[right][snapback]762121[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
You won't have problems crossing the border in a car that's not under your name. I went to Canada from time to time when I was in Steubenville, and at that time, my car was in my dad's name. They never questioned it. Too bad they cut the joint Amtrak/VIA train from Chicago to Toronto because that was pretty cheap.

I hope you can go!

I just heard back from Sr. Elizabeth Ann, and we're just going to be arriving Friday evening, and leaving Monday morning... I'll be missing some classes, but I have already made arrangements for that, so everything is great :)

Hello Everyone

Since I won't be at my computer the next couple evenings, I want to give my best regards to everyone going to SMME retreat this weekend.

I will remember you in my prayers especially praying for all to have a safe journey. Looking forward to hearing your about weekend when you all return.

Blessing and Peace,
DonnaMarie

P.S. Have fun but don't drive Sr. Joseph Andrew or Mother Assumpta too crazy. Because after all they may be your Superiors one day!!!! :D:

catholicflower

I just heard that the postulants and the novices are back from New Orleans and will be at the convent during the retreat. :)

Will somebody who's going print out this webpage: [url="http://www.altonfranciscans.org/check%20it%20out%20705%20begins/bb.htm"]http://www.altonfranciscans.org/check%20it...20begins/bb.htm[/url]

and show it to Sr. Ann-Marie (the postulant). Her sister Alyssa is a postulant, and she played in the basketball game.

Prayers for all those going on the retreat. I wanted to go, but couldn't afford to get the time off work. And, as it turns out I have an ear infection too (which would make flying less than enjoyable).

Maybe I'll see you all in February!!!!!!!!!

AlterDominicus

[quote name='passionheart' date='Oct 18 2005, 08:41 PM']P.S.  Have fun but don't drive Sr. Joseph Andrew or Mother Assumpta too crazy. Because after all they may be your Superiors one day!!!!  :D:
[right][snapback]763066[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Haha, they are quite a couple together, particularly with their accents. Haha.

Phatmassers,

Change of plans I to might now have to consider the Feb retreat, depending on if I still live in my home and not on the curb when it gets closer. Though! I must say I do feel good that at least I gave them a contribution.

I will pray for you all! And could someone tell Sister Joseph Andrew I said "hi!" and that "I love her"? It'd be most welcomed.

~ Amanda

The retreat is tommorrow!! :clap: So, for those of you going- I'm excited to possibly see you there! I'll be the short one in a SMME t-shirt and a full jean skirt.

Thankyou for your prayers, Amanda and everybody else. I'll be sure to mention those things to Sister Joseph Andrew!