An Old School Catholic Message Board

SMME October retreat

FutureSoror

AlterDominicus

Thank you!

SMME T-Shirt? Nice, I made a sign that says Two Year Pre-Postulant Sisters of Mary Mother of the Eucharist

That was when before Sister Joseph Andrew didnt get turned down by the Eucharistic Congress. But I'm going to wear it on Nov. 5th. When she comes here.

Haha, yep. They make them and give them out at the end of the retreats. So, you could have you if you make it in February!

AlterDominicus

Interesting, thats "new" for religious. Of course how many sisters do you so go around the exhbit halls at the Eucharistic Congress and come back with a "Catholic Priesthood" movie poster? :think: :)

Dear Jesus,

Bless all those who made a retreat with the sisters this past weekend. May they recognize the Spirit at work in their hearts, and may they find your will more in tune with their own desires. Guide them all safely back home to their friends and loved ones. We ask you also to bless the work of the sisters. Their work is a truly beautiful work and stems from your love of humanity. We offer all our intentions to our Blessed Mother, and are confident in Your response. In your name we pray.

Amen.

And PS- we really hope that everyone who went on the retreat comes back and posts every little detail of the weekend!!!

I am back! and I have application papers! I am sooo glad I went. Unfortunately, I didn't meet any of you from phatmass. Well, I'm sure we saw each other, but didn't make the connection. I was going to ask for you girls to raise your hands when it was my turn to be up in front of the group, but I forgot until I was back at my seat!

I'll give more details of the retreat later. For the girls who were there-- what gifts did you end up with for the game?

Oh, and also- Sr. Ann-Marie was ecstatic to see that web page, Jenny, and told me to thank you. She says "Hi!"

(((Amanda)))- Sr. Joseph Andrew gave me a big hug for you!

catholicflower

If you were at the litney thingy..I was the girl who has the first Mother of Jesus..in the pink shirt and a balck/white skirt.

AlterDominicus

[quote name='FutureSoror' date='Oct 23 2005, 06:16 PM'](((Amanda)))- Sr. Joseph Andrew gave me a big hug for you!
[right][snapback]768469[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I jumped out of my seat when I read that! Scared my mom. YAY! :iloveyou: :iloveyou: :iloveyou: :iloveyou: :iloveyou: :iloveyou: :sweat: :blush: :tomato:!!!!!!!!!!

P:S: Congrates on getting your application papers! I'll see you there in a couple years then!

Edited by AlterDominicus

[quote name='FutureSoror' date='Oct 23 2005, 06:16 PM']Oh, and also- Sr. Ann-Marie was ecstatic to see that web page, Jenny, and told me to thank you.  She says "Hi!"

(((Amanda)))- Sr. Joseph Andrew gave me a big hug for you!
[right][snapback]768469[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I figured she would! It's not everyday that religious Sisters get to play a basketball game against a team like the Harlem Globetrotters. I'm sure she got a letter from her sister describing the game (because her mom copies her letters and mails them to me, and she described it in both the letters).

How are all the postulants doing?

[quote name='jgirl' date='Oct 24 2005, 08:06 AM']I figured she would! It's not everyday that religious Sisters get to play a basketball game against a team like the Harlem Globetrotters. I'm sure she got a letter from her sister describing the game (because her mom copies her letters and mails them to me, and she described it in both the letters).

[right][snapback]768951[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

hehe... actually she said she's kind of mad at her sister because she hasn't gotten one letter from her yet since she entered, not even the ones her mom copied!

[quote name='FutureSoror' date='Oct 24 2005, 06:26 PM']hehe... actually she said she's kind of mad at her sister because she hasn't gotten one letter from her yet since she entered, not even the ones her mom copied!
[right][snapback]769466[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
That stinks!

Do you think I should send her the letters that Alyssa's mom passed on to me? I have them saved on my computer, so I can print them off. Her mom types the letter Alyssa sends to her to me (edited of anything personal, of course), so that I can send it to our household sisters.

My retreat experience:

[url="http://merecomplexities.blogspot.com/2005/10/retreat.html"]http://merecomplexities.blogspot.com/2005/10/retreat.html[/url]

AlterDominicus

You guys should send your retreat experainces to Sister Joseph Andrew. I wrote on article on SMME that I'm going to send to her, and an article I wrote about her as well.

[quote name='Sanvean' date='Oct 24 2005, 10:35 PM']My retreat experience:

[url="http://merecomplexities.blogspot.com/2005/10/retreat.html"]http://merecomplexities.blogspot.com/2005/10/retreat.html[/url]
[right][snapback]769658[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Oh my goodness, I sooo know who you are now! I think you had come out from talking to Sr. Joseph Andrew and I was (very) anxiously sitting in the chair across from the door waiting to talk to her. Everyone else was in the gym playing that game. :lol: It was so loud!

[quote name='FutureSoror' date='Oct 25 2005, 05:15 PM']Oh my goodness, I sooo know who you are now!  I think you had come out from talking to Sr. Joseph Andrew and I was (very) anxiously sitting in the chair across from the door waiting to talk to her.  Everyone else was in the gym playing that game.  :lol: It was so loud!
[right][snapback]770238[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

That was me! :D: