An Old School Catholic Message Board

SMME SISTERS

Sixtina87

Okay everyone who are in love with the SMME's . Why do you all love these sisters so much??? Whay are they so specail to all of you???? I was in contact with them for 3 months and I didnt see anything so wow about them!!!!!!!!!! Please help me understand!!!!!

[quote name='Sixtina87' date='Oct 12 2005, 11:24 AM']Okay everyone who are in love with the SMME's . Why do you all love these sisters so much??? Whay are they so specail to all of you????  I was in contact with them for 3 months and I didnt see anything so wow about them!!!!!!!!!! Please help me understand!!!!!
[right][snapback]755370[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Although I have never contacted the SMME's I just wanted to say. Some may love the SMME's because thats where God has called some to. I mean some might ask why do I love Carmel? Because that is where my heart is.

In Jesus, Our Blessed Mother and St. Teresa

[quote name='Marieteresa' date='Oct 12 2005, 01:43 PM']Some may love the SMME's because thats where God has called some to.
[right][snapback]755537[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I think that's the key. I also was in contact with them for quite some time. Lovely people, great charism, love the life....but I didn't feel called. But I'm very happy and excited that they've grown so much over the years and I hope they contine to grow.

you have to meet them....they just radiate such joy....that is what attracted me....on the two retreats i've been on, they just truly show how much they love their God and their vocation

[quote name='Andrea348' date='Oct 12 2005, 03:43 PM']you have to meet them....they just radiate such joy....that is what attracted me....on the two retreats i've been on, they just truly show how much they love their God and their vocation
[right][snapback]755925[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Exactly.

When I was first discerning, and the thought of joining religious life was kind of scary, I saw the SMME's newsletter and thought: "Now here's a place I can see myself". They are young, beautiful, and radiating with joy- and you can just see and feel Christ's love comming through them. It seems like all of them are smiling all the time!

It's true this is where I believe God is calling me, so I feel especially drawn to these sisters, but I think that it is very apparent that Christ lives through them.

Besides, they are so in love with the Church, the Pope, and Church traditions. They have a daily Eucharistic holy hour, learn Latin, and sing Gregorian Chant.

^_^

Sixtina, I kinda feel the same way. I guess, big groups are just not my thing. Also, I'm not always happy and sometimes when I'm around a group that is always up beat I feel guity that I don't feel the same way.

It's all a matter of where yuo are called, I guess. I mean, I'm happy for them and all I'm just not attracted to the SMME's at all...and that's OK, too. That's why the Church has so many different Orders, I guess.

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

I've met a small sample of the Sisters but they are all wonderful! They are all very bright and luminous people and they just radiate with joy. :) I don't think there is really anything "wow" about them either, but they are simple and holy Sisters, and that is all that matters!

The "wow" is the personal part. For me, the Martyrs and the Sister Servants have that "wow" factor because I know both communities really, really, really well! My spirituality really clicks with both orders.

It's the same reason why the Sisters of Nazareth really appeal to you, and not to most of us. I have absolutely no attraction to the Nashville Dominicans or to the SMMEs. That doesn't mean I don't think they are really cool. It just means that they don't click with me or you, and that's totally okay because God calls you to a certain place, and while the rest are good, they aren't for you.

[quote name='jgirl' date='Oct 13 2005, 03:22 PM']The "wow" is the personal part. For me, the Martyrs and the Sister Servants have that "wow" factor because I know both communities really, really, really well! My spirituality really clicks with both orders.

It's the same reason why the Sisters of Nazareth really appeal to you, and not to most of us. I have absolutely no attraction to the Nashville Dominicans or to the SMMEs. That doesn't mean I don't think they are really cool. It just means that they don't click with me or you, and that's totally okay because God calls you to a certain place, and while the rest are good, they aren't for you.
[right][snapback]756417[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Wow Jen, what an awesome post. ^_^ I agree with the sentiments...! Thats how I see it as well, I have no interest in Benedictines and a whole other bunch of places and Orders, whereas active (and up to point, contemplative) Dominicans! and Poor Clares, REALLY appeal to me. :D:

God has all put different desires in our hearts, and they're there for a reason, to love Him the more, and help us live out our lives as best we can (if we are called to religious life, that is! ;) )

It doesn't mean any Order is any less of a place (unless they are unfortunate to disagree with the Magisterium, :unsure: :topsy: )but they are all different, as we are ALL different! I think its beautiful! When I talk to my friend who's discerning with Carmel, her eyes light up in a way that nothing does. I drive some of my friends NUTS because I am "too happy" for them.... :D: especially when I talk about God.....

Prayers all!

It's kind of funny: I've never had any real attraction to the Nashville Dominicans- mainly because of their size. At the time I first saw the Sisters of Mary there were 40 of them, and that seemed perfect, even though I knew they would grow. Two years later and now there's over 60! :topsy: But that's ok, because I've been growing too, and I think that being in a larger group will be better for me spiritually.

[quote name='memtherose' date='Oct 12 2005, 10:09 PM']
God has all put different desires in our hearts, and they're there for a reason, to love Him the more, and help us live out our lives as best we can (if we are called to religious life, that is!  ;) )

[right][snapback]756496[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I think this applies to any vocation not just the religious life.

AlterDominicus

I just love them, my "wow" is knowing them, knowing their lives, joys, sorrows, faith, hope, and love. Knowing them individually.

I agree, there are different orders for different ppl. Initially, I was discerning with the SMMEs but then I felt called to the contemplative Dominican life. Also, I appreciate all the orders for example, I LOVE carmelites ^_^ but I know for sure that I am called to be a dominican and not a carmelite. All of the orders have unique and vibrant spiritualities that are gifts for the entire Church.

AlterDominicus

I agree with Nene, so true! I was soooooo sure I was called to be a Poor Clare because of a select few people and Santa Clara, but I KNOW and God and Saint Dominic as for sure pointed it out to me, that I am called to be a Dominican Sister in an active community

(Though - I am so helping the SN's hehe) :lol: :tomato: :think: :flowers: :yes: