An Old School Catholic Message Board

OUR CARMELITE VISIT

Sixtina87

I almost didn't respond, but man alive it is hard to bite my tongue. There would not be a voc. director alive who did not understand that 16-20 year olds are not quite adults yet. They are in the learning phase. I find these young people active, thinking hard and very devoted to their faith. Whether they have a vocation is highly immaterial. Sixtina and all others...do not become distressed by the rantings of someone who should be older and wiser. Take your nastiness and get off this wonderful exchange. Phatmass please intevene!! I hate to see such vibrant young people stiffled.

I think we are all mature enough (whether we're eighteen or even younger) to know that Ofpher is just ranting and that there is no point in paying any heed to her "advice" in this thread. Maybe in other threads she has said valuable things, but this thread is definitely the exception. God bless everyone... pax Christi.

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

Above all everyone should in conversation try to avoid anger or bad temper, or showing he is annoyed with someone, and no one should hurt another in word or deed, or in any way.
-St. Vincent de Paul

As a general thing, self-control and contempt for calumny and evil reports are more successful remedies than resentment, disputes and revenge.
-St. Francis de Sales, [i]The Devout Life[/i]

Freedom from anger is a triumph over one's nature. It is the ability to be impervious to insults, and comes by hard work and the sweat ofone's brow.
-St. John Climacus

Be slow to anger, quick to learn, and slow to speak, as St. James says, equally quick to listen.
-St. Columban

Conquer your rage with wise, ratinional thought. Offer it up as a sacrificeto God.
-St. John Chrysostom

When charity is deeply rooted in the soul and shows itself exteriorly: there is so gracious a way of refusing what we cannot give, that the refusal pleases as much as the gift.
-St. Therese

True charity consists in bearing with all the defects of our neighbor, in not being surprised at his failings, an in being edified by his least virtues; Charity must not remain shut up on the depths of the heart, for [i]no man lighteth a candle and putteth under a bushel,but upon a candlestick that it may shine to all that are in the house.[/i] (MT5:5) It seems to me that this candle represents the Charity which ought to enlighten and make joyful,not only those who are dearest to me, but [i]all that are in the house.[/i]
-St. Therese

JMJ
11/4 - St. Charles Borromeo

And on that note, we're ending this discussion.

Religious life and priesthood are wonderful. Part of the beauty is that they're hard. Read the book of the prophet Jeremiah - a young man called to a hard life, and he's considered one of the greatest of the prophets.

What the heck happened here? :idontknow: