An Old School Catholic Message Board

OUR CARMELITE VISIT

Sixtina87

[quote]that was interesting, rahcel I'm gunna leave a part out just for you since it was kinda upsetting for you!!!!! [/quote]

:lol:

Yeah I was trying to put an elderly woman's wheelchair in the right place, then I turned around expecting no one behind me and then this old lady yealled "AHHHH!! THAT'S OKAY!!!" Really loudly during the rosary :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Philothea2000

[quote name='Sixtina87' date='Oct 19 2005, 08:23 AM'][url="http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/zabbazooey/album?.dir=c5bc&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/zabbazooey/my_photos"]http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/zabbazooey/a...zooey/my_photos[/url]

this is a link to the pics that Rachel had taken during the visit....Rachel you are right, some pics are better keeping than others. I get my pics todya and I'm excited tosee them!!!!!!
[right][snapback]763616[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

It was great to see the pictures. Thanks for posting the links. I know one of the novices. Her name was Rachel before she entered. I think it is Sr. Guiseppi (spelling?) now or something like that . She is orginally from Texas. We went on a nun run together from Texas A&M.

I love Sr. Giuseppe! She's so sweet. Yes there are 3 women there whose names were Rachel, and the postulant was from Nebraska!

So Nicole I am glad you had a nice time.
What I would like to know is how did this experience help you grow as a person? What did you learn about yourself?

Every retreat I have ever gone on I have come back with a little better awareness of who I was and what my sins were. Retreats are a great way to grow spiritually.

[quote name='Philothea2000' date='Oct 19 2005, 05:07 PM']It was great to see the pictures. Thanks for posting the links. I know one of the novices. Her name was Rachel before she entered.  I think it is Sr. Guiseppi (spelling?) now or something like that . She is orginally from Texas.  We went on a nun run together from Texas A&M.
[right][snapback]764023[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Yeah Sister is the best. i really loved talking to her and even playing with her!!!!! i think we got along better than the other Sisters!!!!! Sr. G. and i played the cup game, we talked and talked for hours...she is the kewlest!!! we took a pic together before i left, i'll post it tomorrow with the other pics i have as well!!!!! Sister even wrote me a note before i left, jsut in case she didnt see me before i did leave!!!!!!

[quote name='ofpheritup' date='Oct 20 2005, 01:53 PM']So Nicole I am glad you had a nice time.
What I would like to know is how did this experience help you grow as a person? What did you learn about yourself?

Every retreat I have ever gone on I have come back with a little better awareness of who I was and what my sins were. Retreats are a great  way to  grow spiritually.
[right][snapback]765088[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Each exoperience is different, and you will always get soemthing out of each experience whether it is good or bad!!!!! By visiting a community and seeing different types of charisms, i get a better understanding of what a religious Sisters is all about and what the community is all about too!!!! But how does it help me grow as a person, it helps me understand what it is i am called to do in my life, to be thankful for the people i have in my life, and for the things i have too!!!!! Now, for what i learned about myself, is that if i put my mind an heart inot thigns i can be happy while doing my job or helping others. I'm capable of doing more than what i think, thats what i was tryingt o say!!!!!! geez!!!!!

AlterDominicus

Thats awesome, I'll be lucky sometimes if I have an event with Sisters and Nuns. :P: Speaking of which I got a personal dinner invitation to have dinner with Mother Regina Marie who is a Abbess of a Carmelite Monastery in California, she is coming here to MN on October. 28th, which is next week. *Shivers* :sweat:

Usually I average about four to five hours at our convent in Saint Paul, the Little Sisters of the Poor, whenever I get the chance of course since I cant quite drive yet. Its always fun, helping out the residents and the sisters. Onetime I helped out at a cookout it was about 98 degrees outside and the sun was hotter then heck. I was wearing a t-shirt and jeans! As everyone was setting up, it was time for the volunteers to eat, did I? No! ^_^ While the volunteers were eating as well as the Hospitality Club, I was working! Like about 80% of the work I did. It was sooooooooooo fun though! But I tell you :ohno: :ohno: <_< :ohno: :ohno: NEVER! Eat something HOT on a HOT day like that!

Other then that I so often use my calling card and call some Sisters, or I help to coordinate a Vocations Camp for next Summer, I write stories of Saints, I write articles, poems, short stories, anythig really, and then I hangout with a stamped heart saying, "I LOVE YOU JESUS!" I'll often play guitar or listen to the Nashville Dominicans CD, to, then I really HANGOUT when I have events that have to do with Sisters. ^_^ ^_^ :topsy: :D:

srmarymichael

[quote name='Sixtina87' date='Oct 18 2005, 10:06 AM']Oh theres the pic tkaen at the cathedral!!!!!! Oh how i miss the Sisters!!!! Sr. michael, that me in the pink, i'
ll give therest of my story later after work!!!!! Rachel i still  have to take my pics into the store, will dot hat today!!!! gotta get to work!!!!!!!!!!
[right][snapback]762311[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Cute picture! I'm so glad that you had a good time!!!

[quote name='Sixtina87' date='Oct 20 2005, 10:47 PM']Each exoperience is different, and you will always get soemthing out of each experience whether it is good or bad!!!!!

geez!!!!!
[right][snapback]765682[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

1) I know that, that wasn't what I was asking. I was looking for SPECIFIC answers. I was hoping to learn a little more about you thru your experience with the sisters. What you wrote was somewhat informative but does not really give any idea of who you are.

2) Geez ? :scratchhead: This is coming across as defensive.
About what? If i am wrong I apologize but you are coming across as immature. I asked a simple question. Your reply leaves me wondering.

photosynthesis

[quote name='AlterDominicus' date='Oct 21 2005, 11:46 AM']I'll often play guitar or listen to the Nashville Dominicans CD, to, then I really HANGOUT when I have events that have to do with Sisters.  ^_^  ^_^  :topsy:  :D:
[right][snapback]766029[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I love the Nashville Dominicans! Sister Mary Bethany is one of my friends from college and she was very instrumental in me coming back to the Church... did you ever hear the song about St. Dominic and his all-nighters?

AlterDominicus

[quote name='photosynthesis' date='Oct 21 2005, 03:35 PM']I love the Nashville Dominicans!  Sister Mary Bethany is one of my friends from college and she was very instrumental in me coming back to the Church...  did you ever hear the song about St. Dominic and his all-nighters?
[right][snapback]766559[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Dude, thats my favorite song off the CD!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've met Sister Mary Emily, Sister Mary Angelica, Sister Mary Juliana, Sister Anne Francis, Sister Anna, Sister Anastasia, and Sister Veronica Anne. As in REAL LIFE! And not to long ago, I mean I've known Sister Mary Angelica since last year, but they've all sort of befriended me as I with them.

A guy was talking about problems in his country Ireland, and Sister Mary Angelica, Sister Veronica Anne and myself as like, "Ahhhhh, thats horrible, so sad :( :ohno: :o :weep: And then SMA was like, "I want to go to Ireland now." And SVA said the samething and I pointed to SMA and I'm like, "I'm coming with you!!!!" She laughed and nodded, and gave me the best compliment a future Dominican Sister could ever get!; "We have a postulant." Is what she said. ^_^

[quote name='ofpheritup' date='Oct 21 2005, 04:28 PM']1) I know that, that wasn't what I was asking. I was looking for SPECIFIC answers.  I was hoping to learn a little more about you thru your experience with the sisters. What you wrote was somewhat informative but does not really give any idea of who you are.

2) Geez ?  :scratchhead:  This is coming across as defensive.
About what?  If i am wrong I apologize but you are coming across as immature. I asked a simple question. Your reply leaves me wondering.
[right][snapback]766550[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

i wasnt referring to geez, as a oh my gosh i cant believe she wanted to me yto answer those questions.....it was a train of thought i have because i wasnt even sure what i was saying, i generallyy say geez if i cant think straight or even get my point across!!!! what sepecific answer are you looking for????

[img]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/Sixtina87/group.jpg[/img]

Here is another group pic taken about hlaf an hour or so before Rachel and i left!!!!!!

[img]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/Sixtina87/golfcart3.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/Sixtina87/golfcart2.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/Sixtina87/golfcartride.jpg[/img]

these pics are taken during our golf cart ride around the convent grounds, there were actually a few great hills to go on, but sadly, which i had totally forgotten, of course there was 6 of us on this golf cart,. we were going up hill......the golf cart stopped and we started going down hill.. afew of us screamed!!!!!! it was actully fun, and Rachel i think got a bruise and was in pain here and there, but it was fun for the most part!!!!!!!!

Edited by Sixtina87

[img]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/Sixtina87/chapel.jpg[/img]

This a pic of the Sisters chapel, i was wantignt o get a pic from the other side, where the Sisters go to pray but i wasnt able to do so!!!!! for the most part it a great chapel and very beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!