An Old School Catholic Message Board

Can i enter now God?

Sixtina87

okay okay. Everyday and for once in my life now, i am asking the question to myself......Can i enter now???? i had been out my church for the past for weeks and many were wondering if i had Entered....HA i wish!!!!

but honestly if they were thinking that i had entered sicne i wasnt there, could this be a sign saying that i could be finding where i belong and if i'll be entering soon????

So the question is.....Can i enter Now GOD?????

AlterDominicus

Believe me, I've probably have talked to a million nuns and religious sisters about this more then anyone I know. From my experiance though, I know that is a sign. I believe it is....:)

I don't think that's a sign tha tyou should base your vocation on. It could just be because you're talking it up that you want to, but it could just be that they didn't have any idea where you've been and maybe they were wondering if you were okay.

It will be God's time soon. You will either find the community you are called to after mutual discernment with that community, or you will perhaps find a wonderful man who you know is the one you should marry. I've known quite a few people who were either seriously discerning or even entered communities who are now happily engaged or married, so don't discredit it. It's not your time now, but God will reveal His plan for you. You're going to miss out on too much of life if you overanalyze everything to see whether or not it's a sign.

[quote name='jgirl' date='Nov 1 2005, 06:48 PM']
It will be God's time soon. You will either find the community you are called to after mutual discernment with that community, or you will perhaps find a wonderful man who you know is the one you should marry. I've known quite a few people who were either seriously discerning or even entered communities who are now happily engaged or married, so don't discredit it. It's not your time now, but God will reveal His plan for you. You're going to miss out on too much of life if you overanalyze everything to see whether or not it's a sign.
[right][snapback]776263[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

ABSOLUTELY......honey slow down, you are missing the good stuff.
You are serving God right where you are, you are making a difference.

When GOD IS READY TO MOVE YOU HE WILL. Until then He wants you exactly where you are. You have to learn to trust. I am talking to myself as well as you.

I have FINALLY :D: figured out that I am not called to the religious life as much as I admire it. It is painful to think I will never be there. God has asked me to be somewhere else. So I am going to trust. It isn't easy, nothing worth having ever is.

But until such time that God chooses to introduce who He has for me, I will go on. It is scary. This isn't what I planned for myself but I am more at peace for having surrendered to His will.

Jgirl brings up a great point. My CO in Germany was in seminary and left. His wife was a Sister who left before taking her final vows. They found each other and got married. And they were a dynamic witness for God.

The word Vocation refers to (or should) all ways of serving God not just in the religious life. Read some of St. Francis de Sales writing, he emphasises (?) how God uses everything we do. Don't "pigeon hole" yourself. Your life is JUST beginning.

I am going to say something and I promise it is not meant to offend you.
Your life experience counts. The things you have gone thru have taught you about life but in LIFE you are still very much a "baby."

I am 48 and I know that there is so much more waiting for me out there.
Take your time, stop enjoy, smell the flowers.
We don't get our days back, there is no re-wind button..

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

And it takes time for the soul to mature to be ready to endure the difficulties of religious life. There was a Saint (Cannot remember the name) who desired to enter the religious life, and her spiritual director delayed her for a few years I think, seeing that there was a [i]lot[/i] of potential in her soul and worked to help prepare to serve in the greatest way she could, and she is now a Saint!

Dust's Sister

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' date='Nov 1 2005, 08:58 PM']And it takes time for the soul to mature to be ready to endure the difficulties of religious life.  There was a Saint (Cannot remember the name) who desired to enter the religious life, and her spiritual director delayed her for a few years I think, seeing that there was a [i]lot[/i] of potential  in her soul and worked to help prepare to serve in the greatest way she could, and she is now a Saint!
[right][snapback]776336[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Oh, I wanna know who that is, anybody know?

[quote name='Dust's Sister' date='Nov 2 2005, 12:59 AM']Oh, I wanna know who that is, anybody know?
[right][snapback]776503[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I'm with you...clueless!!!

Smile_Jesus_loves_you

I feel for you but i was told by a very holy priest (you know the ones you can see the holy spirit jumping out of) to slow down so i am relaying it on to you, don't jump to the 1st one you find wait until it seems right and if the 1st seems right i would say jump for what have you got to lose??

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='Smile_Jesus_loves_you' date='Nov 2 2005, 07:37 PM']don't jump to the 1st one you find wait until it seems right and if the 1st seems right i would say jump for what have you got to lose??
[right][snapback]777427[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I know that is what happened with me... I was all ready to jump in and give everything to Christ with my first visit, but it wasn't where He was calling me...

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' date='Nov 2 2005, 11:35 PM']I know that is what happened with me...  I was all ready to jump in and give everything to Christ with my first visit, but it wasn't where He was calling me...
[right][snapback]777541[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

TELL....ME.....ABOUT.....IT ! :P:
I had my life all nicely planned out, I wanted to be a nun.
I thought that is what God wanted of me and for me. :idontknow:

GUESS WHAT ? Seems not. :topsy:

I love how this happened (not). I went to visit a community only to have Dad aka: God ask me to consider marriage. :shock:

I told Him and this is a direct quote on both our parts. I said, "That isn't in the SCRIPT, (you know the SCRIPT of how my life is SUPPOSED :) to go) He said to me, "Honey I don't do SCRIPTS." :shock:

It is "funnier" now but it wasn't funny in August. I asked Him, "I said like marriage as in to a MAN? Do You know what they're like?" :lol_roll:

So now the GREAT ADVENTURE begins, in two ways. Trusting Dad in who He has for me and just in generally putting my own will aside so He can do what I need Him to do. IT IS NOT EASY, but it is for the best.

I'm just going to stop worrying about it and just live my life the way God wants me to.

He wouldn't want you spending all of your time going "WHY NOT NOW? WHY WHY WHY?"

He will call you when it is time.

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='zabbazooey' date='Nov 3 2005, 09:07 AM']I'm just going to stop worrying about it and just live my life the way God wants me to.

He wouldn't want you spending all of your time going "WHY NOT NOW? WHY WHY WHY?"

[right][snapback]777761[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Fo' Sho'! :D:

[quote name='zabbazooey' date='Nov 3 2005, 10:07 AM']I'm just going to stop worrying about it and just live my life the way God wants me to.

[right][snapback]777761[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

:) LADIES, WE HAVE A GENIUS.