An Old School Catholic Message Board

Counting Down....

AlterDominicus

AlterDominicus

Anyone want to guess how many hours I have until I -"Behold the eyes that will meet Sister Joseph Andrew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The event starts at 6 PM Central time, with mass, ((sonar, and our guests speakers (split gender) talking about "The Five Marks of a Catholic Woman/Man of God: Do You Measure Up?"

:guitar: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :guitar:

[color=orange]SISTER JO I LOVE YO![/color]

[quote name='AlterDominicus' date='Nov 4 2005, 09:39 PM']Anyone want to guess how many hours I have until I -"Behold the eyes that will meet Sister Joseph Andrew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The event starts at 6 PM Central time, with mass, ((sonar, and our guests speakers (split gender) talking about "The Five Marks of a Catholic Woman/Man of God: Do You Measure Up?"

:guitar: :woot:  :woot:  :woot:  :woot:  :woot:  :woot:  :woot:  :woot:  :woot:  :woot:  :woot:  :woot:  :woot:  :woot:  :woot:  :woot:  :woot: :guitar:

[color=orange]SISTER JO I LOVE YO![/color]
[right][snapback]779135[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Let me guess......Hmmmm.. You are a LITTLE EXCITED about meeting Sister Joseph Andrew :D:

DonnaMarie

AlterDominicus

Little things become the biggest so let me re-phrase that for you dear Donna!

"You are a BIG EXCITED about meeting Sister Joseph Andrew :D:

DonnaMarie"

Whoa!

Well I got to meet Sr. Amata Veritas (Ummm, I think I did... she's the postuland director, right?) And she was a lot of fun. I hope you have a splendid visit!

AlterDominicus

Yeah I think so. :sweat: Man I am the most excited kid on the planet, meaning I am also the most nervous kid on the planet. :sweat: Though, I traced the SMME logo when I couldnt get to sleep, and you know how at the bottom they put 1997 (the year they founded) Well instead of putting that on the bottom I put

SMME Police

HAHAHA :lol_roll: :lol_roll: :lol_roll:

Thinking, Sister Jo is going to get a kick out of that when she sees it on my jacket with 6 more letters then it should be! :secret: :idea: :wall: :guitar: :grouphug: :yes:

So, AlterDominicus, how was the encounter with the lovely SJAB?

Funny story........

I'm in the library the other day (it's one of the largest divinity libraries in the country). And I was looking through the stacks of periodicals (magazines). Actually, I was looking to see if the new issue of "Religious Life" was in, because I wanted to read the article on the SMME.

So, I was sad it hadn't come in yet, and I was walking back out, when this magazine caught my eye. It's called "Company Magazine." (I'm a little long winded, but I'm getting to my point.) It's a Jesuit magazine, which makes sense b/c I go to a Dominican school on a Jesuit campus. The cover had a picture of World Youth Day. So I flipped through it. And, who do I see? [b]SISTER JOSEPH ANDREW, OP!!!!!!!!!!!! [/b]That (wonderful) woman is EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!! [url="http://dabakus.de/home/stmichael/company_magis.pdf"]See for yourself.[/url] Click to pg 4- and there she is, clear as day.

So, that's my funny story about how she is [i]everywhere[/i]. :disguise:

AlterDominicus

Hahaha. That IS funny, by the way. You will find out, I am just finishing up on an article called "What Is An Evening Like With Sister Joseph Andrew?" It doesnt give full detail, I rather have someone ask me questions so I can answer. Haha. :) :topsy:

AlterDominicus

(It gives about a third of what happened, we did have mass, and a concert, and the most amazing thing happened to me)

What Is An Evening Like With Sister Joseph Andrew?

To all who have had experience with this holy woman, you all know what an evening is like with Sister Joseph Andrew...I'm here to tell you about my happiest and awe-inspiring, Holy hours with Sister Jo. It all as usual starts with "history." Sister Joseph Andrew Bogdanowicz -I never did learn how to say her last name, many of us just said, SJAB for short- Is a "former Nashville Dominican" obviously from Nashville, Tennessee of Saint Cecilia’s wonders. We often think of the plain explain of “The John Paul II Generation” of evangelization; Sister Joseph Andrew although an expert has been the inspiration of the JPII Generation to youth all over, not just with articles or interviews, but with her prayers, presence and voice.

We may not know what her past was like with the Nashville Dominicans, but we have experienced her “is’s” and “do’s” and “did’s”, but we must remember she is a spouse of Christ. Its all simple in a question asked, “Are you married?” YES! She is…she is married, and what a better spouse then our Lord! When I was at the NET Center here in Saint Paul Minnesota last Saturday, I remember talking to Sister Jo before she went to prayer. She was rather slightly if I may say so myself nervous about talking her topic, otherwise she wouldn’t have asked me for all those Hail Mary’s!!! J I remember trying to calm her down with the usual. “Don’t worry! You will be okay!” But that day it was different, I came up to her before she went on the stage and said, “Sister? Do you know what’s better then Hail Mary’s?” She looked at me like, “WHAT! There is nothing better then Hail Mary’s!” (And this of course coming from a Sister of Mary) So being the (student-sister), I told her, “A full rosary said for you.” And sure enough it was sooooooooooo worth that half hour praying the rosary while she was in prayer!

Sister went up on that stage like she had been a professional actress ALL her life! Just ready to make the crowd laugh their eyes out! Which she did actually, with her Pope John Paul The Great story. But, there’s more then that…so much more from this Mother Vicar. It was the Five Marks of a Catholic Woman, you ask, what are the five marks of a catholic woman?

It’s quite simple, but yet divine powerful. Just take up a cross and the five marks are right in front of you. To be non-confusional. The left hand, the right hand, the left foot, the right foot, and the heart. Each wound has its own meaning…(unfortunately sorry Sister Jo! I only remember four! J) The right hand = embrace, the left hand = baptism, the left foot = prayer, and the heart = love. Her words were a flowing fountain…trying to keep cool. She was really on Spirit Fire!

Before prayer I remember her very catching question she asked me when we were talking, “Why us and not Saint Cecilia?” (Not too much of a difference) And my simple answer was, “God’s tug on my heart, as to that’s where He wants me to be.” How better can that get? It gets better. I had to admit, though at ease with our Sister, I was stuck like glue to her…so stuck I left my chair to go sit by her while praising and singing and clapping and screaming, along with ((sonar one of the greatest bands I have ever (personally) met. – My joke though of the evening was, “Sister, I am so used to seeing you in photographs, that I still haven’t gotten use to the fact that you are here in person!” She responded with her unique customary accent laughter! In these four hours I spent with her, her presence was even sensible when she left the building, her words echoing in my mind when I was in the car with my brother who picked me up, her every move leaving a mark, a smile on my face.

So what is an evening like with Sister Joseph Andrew? An evening with this sister is one of those once in a lifetime evenings, a evening of joy, laughter, abundance, prayer, praise, and most of all a Mother Vicar in a white and black veil of the Dominican Habit, who is extremely amazing.

By Amanda