An Old School Catholic Message Board

Arrg, psycological testing coming outta my ears!

Philosopher

Finally finished with the psycological tests for applying for the diocese seminary. My hands hurt from filling in the 845 bubbles... :pinch:

Good thing the church is so awsome, it was worth every second :lol:

Edited by Philosopher

JMJ
11/13 - Thirty-third Sunday

It's even worse if you've taken a couple of courses in logic, because you start to think EACH question through and examine everything...I needed a stiff drink when I was done. :P:

[quote name='magnificat' date='Nov 13 2005, 04:47 PM']Good for you!  Which seminary are you applying to?
[right][snapback]787339[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Thanks!

I am applying to the Josephinum, www.pcj.edu

I will (God willing) be starting as a sophmore. That is if all of my credits transfer.

[quote name='Pio Nono' date='Nov 13 2005, 06:37 PM']JMJ
11/13 - Thirty-third Sunday

It's even worse if you've taken a couple of courses in logic, because you start to think EACH question through and examine everything...I needed a stiff drink when I was done. :P:
[right][snapback]787414[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Amen! :P:

Edited by Philosopher

[quote name='MC IMaGiNaZUN' date='Nov 13 2005, 05:20 PM']I got my package sitting on my shelf, i will probably have to do it this week.

SHALOM
[right][snapback]787358[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Where are you applying to?

[quote name='shortnun' date='Nov 13 2005, 05:37 PM']I get to take all those tests in February for a class. I can't wait. 5 hours of filling in bubbles........ excellent!
[right][snapback]787366[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Haha, hopefully for you the tests are not quite so long. My vocation director said that some diocese do not go to the extent that we do. (I do not know how many though)

daugher-of-Mary

ouch. The tests sounds rough, but the PCJ is a wonderful! Very orthodox, very faithful, good formation...I've been blessed to know two of the seminarians there. They've helped me SO much with discernment.

[quote name='Philosopher' date='Nov 13 2005, 09:04 PM']Where are you applying to?
Haha, hopefully for you the tests are not quite so long. My vocation director said that some diocese do not go to the extent that we do. (I do not know how many though)
[right][snapback]787553[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Imaz.... (guy who uses shalom) is a novice for the Augustinian order i believe in california

photosynthesis

[quote name='Philosopher' date='Nov 13 2005, 02:39 PM']Finally finished with the psycological tests for applying for the diocese seminary. My hands hurt from filling in the 845 bubbles...  :pinch:

Good thing the church is so awsome, it was worth every second :lol:
[right][snapback]787301[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
you've got my sympathies...

I know psychological tests aren't a bowl of cherries, that's for sure.

[quote name='FutureSoror' date='Nov 13 2005, 10:01 PM']I've got to arrange my testing for soon... we'll see how that goes!
[right][snapback]787616[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Good luck! For what are you applying?

[quote name='daugher-of-Mary' date='Nov 13 2005, 10:04 PM']ouch. The tests sounds rough, but the PCJ is a wonderful! Very orthodox, very faithful, good formation...I've been blessed to know two of the seminarians there. They've helped me SO much with discernment.
[right][snapback]787621[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Definitly, I have visited twice and have never wanted to leave.

I hear that it became pretty crazy in past years, but it is on it's way to becoming one of the best in the country. I am very excited.

[quote name='the_rev' date='Nov 13 2005, 10:54 PM']Imaz.... (guy who uses shalom) is a novice for the Augustinian order i believe in california
[right][snapback]787680[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Thanks Rev. Sure must be exciteing to be an Augustinian! :)

catholicflower

Man..I guess I have it easy. The order I am thinking applying to only has you talk to a physchologist (over the phone) for an hour. No bubbles :-)