An Old School Catholic Message Board

HEY EVERYBODY

brendan1104

DiscerningSoul

[quote name='karin' date='Nov 28 2005, 06:52 PM']well duh the only have 3 sister for right now, they are in the process of refounding all Monastery started that way that's why they need lots of vocations! I am so excited to be a part of refounding this Monastery.

There is paperwork i have already filled out because you fill it out for the aspirancy and dental and doctor exams but no counselor/psychologist thing. THe paperwork is exstensive because they have to have it that way when letting some one into their sacred enclosure.

I am not sure I understand your question Marieteresa could clarify it for me a little? :D

God Bless and Mary keep you all I hope I covered everyone's questions.

Karin
[right][snapback]802950[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Yes from going thru the paperwork it is not easy, you get this booklet for an application it's very imtimidating, but once you go thru everything it is like so worth all the time and money that you extend. There was a dental, eye and physical.
They do ask for a dowery. Again it is well worth it.
I used to joke to my mom that I was filling out paperwork for the pentagon! :lol_roll:

AlterDominicus

YAY! HOW WONDERFUL! SOOOOO HAPPY!

Dowery, how wonderul...I dont even want tot know how much SMME costs. Heheh. I'd joke with my bros that I'd be filling out paper work for the FBI, since I have this cop joke that I tell them everytime we watch cops, because I've always thought about being a cop.

[quote name='zabbazooey' date='Nov 28 2005, 08:20 PM']Sorry I didn't know they had only 3 sisters :blush:
[right][snapback]802971[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

What only 2 Sisters!?!?!??!?!? who are the Sister besides Rev. mother and Mother Mistress and Sr. marjorie!?!?!?!?!?!?! Mother Mistress has never told me how many sisters there are!!!!!!!!!! I"M SHOCKED!!!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

[quote name='DiscerningSoul' date='Nov 28 2005, 10:54 PM']Yes from going thru the paperwork it is not easy, you get this booklet for an application it's very imtimidating, but once you go thru everything it is like so worth all the time and money that you extend.  There was a dental, eye and physical.
They do ask for a dowery.  Again it is well worth it.
I used to joke to my mom that I was filling out paperwork for the pentagon! :lol_roll:
[right][snapback]803088[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I hear you my friend. The Dominican Nuns in Buffalo gave me the paperwork as well. I think that was part of the reason my bag felt so heavy coming home :D:

All the same, the Vocation Directoress and Mother also suggested that I might discern a vocation as an extern sister. Never in my life did I think I would have a contemplative vocation but as you said Karin, there is something that is attractive, in a way draws me to look at this life.

All I know is that I do want to return the good sisters as well.

[quote name='Sixtina87' date='Nov 28 2005, 11:32 PM']What only 2 Sisters!?!?!??!?!? who are the Sister besides Rev. mother and Mother Mistress and Sr. marjorie!?!?!?!?!?!?! Mother Mistress has never told me how many sisters there are!!!!!!!!!! I"M SHOCKED!!!!!!!!!!! :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:
[right][snapback]803121[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

My friend don't be shocked but realize if you are called to this community, then God is asking you to be part of refounding of His house. I say that is exciting. We have a whole lotta saints who had the same call and despite their hardships, we are the heirs to their faithfulness.

DiscerningSoul

[quote name='AlterDominicus' date='Nov 28 2005, 09:28 PM']YAY! HOW WONDERFUL! SOOOOO HAPPY!

Dowery, how wonderul...I dont even want tot know how much SMME costs. Heheh. I'd joke with my bros that I'd be filling out paper work for the FBI, since I have this cop joke that I tell them everytime we watch cops, because I've always thought about being a cop.
[right][snapback]803117[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Yeah I tought about being a cop too, but as an EMT on an ambulance I saw first hand what they had to deal with. also if it came down to having to shoot someone. . . I am sorry I just couldn't.
:sadder:
However I do know a really good joke that EMT's tell in there class, How do you know how far back you need to be at a HAZ MAT situation?
:idontknow: