An Old School Catholic Message Board

Going to visit Poor Clares on Monday

zabbazooey

They are an older community of nuns, and I am really happy they are letting me come visit for a little bit! ^_^

[url="http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Ridge/9280"]http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Ridge/9280[/url]

That's their website. I am excited to meet them :)

Edited by zabbazooey

Oh WOW Rachel! :D: I love Poor Clares. I'll check out their site when I have time, lol., and I'll keep you in my prayers :)

I love Poor Clares too, obviously :clap:

I'll be praying you have a good visit. Monday is the day I leave town for Alabama, so say a prayer for me while you're there okay? God bless!!

[quote name='jgirl' date='Dec 1 2005, 09:42 AM']I think it's funny (and cute) that they list their cat as one of them!
[right][snapback]806832[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

LOL i would ahve to agree!!!! i bet he keeps the sisters busy and happy as well!!!! I knwo for a fact having pets in a convent is very good for the sisters. i want to see a pic of him next to baby jesus at chirstmas time!!!

I will remember you during the masses I attend this week.

I am beginning to wonder about the vocations in this stations :idontknow: It seems that there are quite a few here who feel called to the cloister. Hmmmm, is the Lord's subtle way of having some of us spend less time on the computer and spending more time with Him :saint:

AlterDominicus

[quote name='passionheart' date='Dec 1 2005, 10:03 PM']I will remember you during the masses I attend this week.

I am beginning to wonder about the vocations in this stations :idontknow:  It seems that there are quite a few here who feel called to the cloister.  [b]Hmmmm, is the Lord's subtle way of having some of us spend less time on the computer and spending more time with Him[/b] :saint:
[right][snapback]807759[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

HEY! :lol: :lol: Who says I'm going to be on the internet when I'm an active apostolic sister in the future!!!!! :lol: :lol: ^_^ :topsy: :cool:

I just got back from my visit! :D:

They are such a WONDERFUL tight knit community! I visited with them for about an hour, and I loved it! They were really friendly and asked me LOTS of questions. We even got into talking about how you throw people (I do martial arts) :lol_roll: It was funny trying to describe how to suplex someone to a community of sisters! :lol:

They are so cool....I think I'm going to go back and visit them. They are such a great group of sisters!

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

You know, trying to find your vocation is rahter difficult when one thinks about the many different communities, and many different orders, it's amazing that He calls you to only one of them. Thinking about it drives me nuts. And what you just said about "these Poor Clares" got me off on this note... sorry...