An Old School Catholic Message Board

Countdown! 12/30

DiscerningSoul

DiscerningSoul

My heart beats with joy, my eyes set on the Lord.
My soul is overwhelmed with joy!
only four days left.
Love God with all your heart = priceless

Jessica, that is so awesome! So wonderful! I am applying to make an aspirancy at the [url="http://www.stjudemonastery.org/"]Dominican Monastery of St. Jude[/url], and I wish I was only four days from entering right now as well! Your aspirancy is for three months, though--that seems like a long time. Do you have to return home after that, or can you enter directly into the postulancy?

Pray for me--I'll pray for you and all Dominican vocations!

AlterDominicus

I would love to make a three month aspirancy! I was just talking to the Summit Nuns (namely Sister Judith Miryam) On my new cell phone I got for Christmas - just to see if they got my gift, which they didnt (WHO knows what the US Postal Service did!). And we started talking about "WHEN I'll be visiting...." It was a most interesting conversation.

yay jessica!!!! I cant wait to come to lockport, it will be a while, not january but mayeb february!!!! Mother Mistress still has to talk to my parents that way the feel abit better about me going..iDK!!!! oh well...i'll be seeing you not too long from now..i hope!!!!

[quote name='TheresaMF' date='Dec 26 2005, 07:44 PM']Jessica, that is so awesome!  So wonderful!  I am applying to make an aspirancy at the [url="http://www.stjudemonastery.org/"]Dominican Monastery of St. Jude[/url], and I wish I was only four days from entering right now as well!  Your aspirancy is for three months, though--that seems like a long time.  Do you have to return home after that, or can you enter directly into the postulancy?

Pray for me--I'll pray for you and all Dominican vocations!
[right][snapback]836541[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
That's awesome you are considering that community. I've only heard good things about it, and it really needs vocations.

Wow, that is sooo exciting! I am so happy for you and your vocation! You are part of such a beautiful renewal of Dominican cloistered life :)

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: So excited for you and my Dominican Sisters!!!!
:photo: :photo: :photo: :photo: :photo: That will be me when i get there for my visit....... :D: Edited by Sixtina87

AlterDominicus

[quote name='DiscerningSoul' date='Dec 27 2005, 08:08 PM']THREE DAYS LEFT!!
[right][snapback]837290[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I did a prayer of vocations a novena for the Lockport Dominicans promising them 10 vocations!

Well guess what?

I only now have 9 left! I talked to SMI like two hours ago, and she was like: "Its so wonderful to hear from you! But we can only be on here for a few mintues because we still have quite a bit of work to do for Jessica's entrance!"

:lol_roll: :) :) :) ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ :lol:

daugher-of-Mary

TheresaMF,
I'm SO glad to hear you will be making an aspirancy with the St. Jude Dominicans. A friend of mine, Sr. Mary Faustina SsEW, wrote to me about them awhile ago becuase she knows I feel called to cloister and that community needs vocations! From what she said, they sound like a beautiful, beautiful community...they have perpetual Adoration of their Spouse, yes? :D: When will you enter? Prayers!!!!

[quote name='AlterDominicus' date='Dec 28 2005, 12:49 AM']I did a prayer of vocations a novena for the Lockport Dominicans promising them 10 vocations!

Well guess what?

I only now have 9 left! I talked to SMI like two hours ago, and she was like: "Its so wonderful to hear from you! But we can only be on here for a few mintues because we still have quite a bit of work to do for Jessica's entrance!"

:lol_roll:  :)  :)  :)  ^_^  ^_^  ^_^  ^_^  :lol:
[right][snapback]837491[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I wanna talk to her!!!! Jessica, when you get there, please Remind Mother Mistress she has to call my parents to tlak to them about my visit....please!!!!! i have a feeling that she will forget with all this excitement with you entering!!!!! PLease remind her!!!!! I wonder if she got my chrsitmas card, when i tlaked to mother Mistress on the 23rd the havent gotten it...i loaughed and said that she may not get it until april or easter!!!! She laughed too!!!!!!!!!!! 2 days left until jessica enters!!!!! (i think) YAY!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :cheers: :cheers:
:mobile: hey jessica, is ther anyway we could tlak for a few minutes before you enter??? just wondering!!!!
:grouphug: :grouphug: