An Old School Catholic Message Board

CONFIRMATION RETREAT IDEAS!

Sixtina87

hey peeps,
i was going to post this else where but i realized sister michael posts in this phorum all the time and i hiope to get her opinion too!!!!

This year will be my 3 rd year organizing Confirmation retreats for the 8th graders. This yr i plan to do things abit differently. We have had the same songs for yrs in a row and i'm getting sick of dancing to the same songs over and over and over again.

I have most of it already planned out but i need your help!!!! PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME ON THIS ONE!!!!!!!!!!!! I NEED A THEME!!!!!! last yr was Child of Mine, and the yr before that was Dive, i wanted Make a difference but the guys didnt want that. So i need help finding a great theme for a confirmation retreat. GOT ANY IDEAS??????

Acts 9:1-19. Saul's Conversion and the Road to Damascus:

Possible themes to use from this passage:
~ The road to "De-Mask US"
~ In what ways are we blind like Paul in our relationship with the Lord?
~ What does Saul's conversion tell us about the mercy of God's love?

*** Sixtina, I've used this theme for both adults and high-schoolers. It is because of original sin that we today, in the 21st century, find similiarities between our experience of God and that of Paul on the road to Damascus.

And! Please do tell us all what theme you pick and how the retreat went. We'll be praying for you and the confirmants.

AlterDominicus

* We can make a difference (corpral works of mercy, spiritual works of mercy, or how the youth can make a difference)
- A theme that I've used last year, only suggestion is come up with a patron for the retreat, we used Saint Elizabeth of Hungary!

* If you tell me a few of the songs you use I can whip up a great list of new songs!

we generally find the themes by useing ths ongs that would fit the team if thats works, and what most fo us are trying to say. first of allin my plams is to find theme and amke up a dacne to that song. last yr we did child of Mine by whats his face its goes, you are a child of mine born of his own design and so on. that theme led into I am calling, so a cell was on our shirts!!! the yr before that was dive and the theem was diving inot the holy spirit!!!! i was told the yr before that was we can make a difference. but this the theme is.....I have no clue!!!!!!!! i want a theme that has a great message, i was thinking Keep the candle burning but i dont know how to make up a dance with that song!!!

This is a whole them around Jesus Christ being our LIfe!
I translated it into english through google. I love Marco Frisina's Jesus Christ you are my life!
[url="http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=it&u=http://www.pddm.it/rivista/2004/n_02/6febbraio.htm&prev=/search%3Fq%3DJesus%2BChrist%2Byou%2Bare%2Bmy%2Blife%2Balleluia%252BMarco%2BFrisina%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3DG"]http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=e...%3Doff%26sa%3DG[/url]

srmarymichael

[quote name='the_rev' date='Dec 11 2005, 09:07 AM']Jesus Christ you are my life!
[right][snapback]820359[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I also like this song very much! We sang it over and over again at World Youth Day this year!

If I think of any more ideas, I'll let you know. When do you need to know by?

Is the theme the only thing you need help with?

:topsy: :topsy: :topsy:

"The Summons"

[quote name='Sixtina87' date='Dec 9 2005, 09:33 PM']hey peeps,
i was going to post this else where but i realized sister michael posts in this phorum all the time and i hiope to get her opinion too!!!!

This year will be my 3 rd year organizing Confirmation retreats for the 8th graders. This yr i plan to do things abit differently. We have had the same songs for yrs in a row and i'm getting sick of dancing to the same songs over and over and over again.

I have most of it already planned out but i need your help!!!! PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME ON THIS ONE!!!!!!!!!!!! I NEED A THEME!!!!!! last yr was Child of Mine, and the yr before that was Dive, i wanted Make a difference but the guys didnt want that. So i need help finding a great theme for a confirmation retreat. GOT ANY IDEAS??????
[right][snapback]819304[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

[quote name='magnificat' date='Dec 12 2005, 10:18 AM']"The Summons"
[right][snapback]821487[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
[i]Such [/i]a beautiful song.

yes the theme sit eh only thing i need help with. Most of the other songs we danc eto are from past years and so far i am changing them up abit but not too many of them. Mostly the day is set out in talks, like for me i od beyond retreat. But the girls do a skit, and then the whole group and a few mellow songs that just calm ones mind like go light your world!!! The team and i are hloding candels in the dark and singing to it!!!!! then we have art time, lol, we paint candle votives!!!! It really fun and i have enjoyed doding it in the past. we had a hard time last yr tyring to figure out a theme or song got set out the retreat but i dont have the girls who thought of that song from last yr!!!!!!!!! Bummer!!!!!!!!!!

We will be startgin to plan the retreat in January, but i have to get my part of it done, like makingthe dances up and setting the retreat theme and so on. Its alot fo work on ym part and i hope to make things better than last yr because it seemed that we were jsut cramming things in at last minute!!!!!!!!!! Not a good idea!!!!!!!!!!