An Old School Catholic Message Board

Religious orders with numerous vocations

the_rev

I'm writing an article on vocations for a Catholic website so I was wondering if you guys could help me out.

What religious orders/dioceses have numerous vocations?

Legion of Christ

Op SMME

Nashiville dominicans

what other ones?

Servants of the Lord and the Virgin of Matara- they are a young order (est. 1988) and they have lots of vocations around the world.

[url="http://www.cmswr.org/member_communities/SLVM.htm"]Servants of the Lord and the Virgin of Matara[/url]

There is a Dominican monastery somewhere that is receiving heaps of vocations. They've had two first Professions in the last four months. And they keep getting Postulants! I can't remember which one it is, maybe the Monastery of Our Lady of Grace? Theres about 40-50 sisters or something......

MC IMaGiNaZUN

I have heard the CFRs are doing well, but i havent seen precise facts.

That is the Franciscan Friars of the Renewal in New York. Some notable members are Fr. Benedict Groeschel and Fr. Stan Fortuna.

The Carmelite Sisters of the Sacred Heart in Los Angeles seem to be doing fairly well for themselves.

SHALOM

[quote name='zabbazooey' date='Dec 14 2005, 11:12 AM']Daughters of St. Paul
[right][snapback]825009[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

umm, i wouldnt say the FSP sisters, their formaiton is too long!!!!! 2 yrs for postulantcy, 2 yrs as a novice!!! they get like 2 or 3 new vocations a yr!!! but i do agree about the FSGM Sisters though!!!! the communities i would say that arent mentioned are, the Little Sisters of the Poor, Daughters of Mary Help of Christians!!!! i forget who else!!!!

[quote name='Sixtina87' date='Dec 15 2005, 04:30 AM']umm, i wouldnt say the FSP sisters, their formaiton is too long!!!!! 2 yrs for postulantcy, 2 yrs as a novice!!! they get like 2 or 3 new vocations a yr!!! but i do agree about the FSGM Sisters though!!!!  the communities i would say that arent mentioned are, the Little Sisters of the Poor, Daughters of Mary Help of Christians!!!! i forget who else!!!!
[right][snapback]826031[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
The formation of the Christ legionaries is more long , to
happen of 10 to 13 years from the entrance to the
to be ordained a priest

The "Servants of the Lord and the Virgin of Matara".
it is the feminine branch of the IVE (Institute of the incarnated word) [url="http://www.iveamerica.org/"]http://www.iveamerica.org/[/url].
Created in 1984 in Argentina, has almost 500 sisters
professes and about 200 priests and brothers, they are in the five continents.
I believe that it is the catholic institute of greater growth in the world

[quote name='philothea' date='Dec 18 2005, 06:06 PM']This is not a subject I'm very familiar with, but I thought the Community of St. John had a lot of vocations.  (?)
[right][snapback]829979[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I agree with that one. The community of St. john kinda does get a lot fo vocaitons!!!!