An Old School Catholic Message Board

Phatmassers who have entered religious life

OLAM Dad

Phatmass ID: dspen2005
Religious Community: Order of Our Lady of Mercy
Entrance: August 22, 2005 (Feast of the Queenship of Mary)

God-willing I will begin my novitiate this July and receive the habit at that time.

Mary-Kathryn

[quote name='OLAM Dad' date='Mar 11 2006, 10:23 AM']Mary-Kathryn, look on the bright side of things.  If the proper day for a feast or which way the altar should face are the 'big' issues we debate about we really are fortunate.  Our protestant brethern are forced to debate about issues central to the faith because they don't have an authorative body like we do.  We bicker about things that in retrospect are minor.

On the other hand, abuses in the Mass DO drive people away and shouldn't be taken lightly.  The Church is serious and should be treated seriously and when people don't do that, by abusing the sacraments, people will leave.  We can't turn our backs and allow others to destroy Christ's Church.

I don't think Bredan takes terrible offense upon which day saint feasts are celebrated.  I believe he was just taunting.

fwiw, believe it or not, some of us cradle Catholics are also capable of 'embracing all that is true and holy'.  We're certainly glad you converts have joined us though.  I'm glad we finally have people who will be 'the un-ending voice of faith and obedience in Holy Mother Church'.   :ohno:
[right][snapback]908713[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

[Oh shoot...I just realized I am waaaay off track with this posting of mine...sorry to all. Ya'll go back to the intent of this thread and ignore the meanderings of an ancient woman in her 40's.]

OLAM Dad.: No snot-nosed attitude on my part was intended. My sincere apology if it appeared that I was thumbing my nose at Catholics. There was no intent to throw mud at cradle Catholics for any imagined failings. Good gravy that would be like trying to find a needle in your haystack when I'm lugging around a tree behind me! :shock: My only point to Brendan is that for every one who finds fault, there is a line of others willing to embrace what they so loudly reject.

~~NOW back to the show. I won't say anymore 'cause I don't want to be an old crotchety lady who gets everyone off-track.

PS Does lay or secular oders count? I made my first promises on April 28th 2005 with the Secular Order of Discalced Carmelites. I do have a Carmelite name.

:seehearspeak:
MK

Edited by Mary-Kathryn

ancient?
crotchety?

You can't help but insult today can you? I'm in my 40s. I'm 41... and a half.
:)

I know you didn't intend anything by what you said and I'm glad you didn't take my crotchety reply too seriously.

What is your Carmelite name?

Mary-Kathryn

[quote name='OLAM Dad' date='Mar 11 2006, 12:08 PM']ancient?
crotchety?

You can't help but insult today can you?  I'm in my 40s.  I'm 41... and a half. 
:)

I know you didn't intend anything by what you said and I'm glad you didn't take my crotchety reply too seriously.

What is your Carmelite name?
[right][snapback]908798[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

...I'll PM you my name. I don't want anyone to say "I know HER!!!" :ninja:
That explains why her posts are sooooo...ya know.

41 and 1/2?? Oh the youth! The energy! The optimism! I'm 42 and1/2
:P: My birthday is October 15th. The feast day of St Teresa of Avila.

mailing you soon.
MK

LOL I 'm a secular Carmelite in formation, but my formation officially ends this month, as I won't be in formation any longer. . .

Laurentina1975

[quote name='Mary-Kathryn' date='Mar 11 2006, 11:53 AM']

OLAM Dad.: No snot-nosed attitude on my part was intended.  My  sincere apology if it appeared that I was thumbing my nose at  Catholics. There was no intent to throw mud at cradle Catholics for any imagined failings. Good gravy that would be like trying to find a needle in your haystack when I'm lugging around a tree behind me!  :shock:  My only point to Brendan is that for every  one who finds fault, there is a line of others willing to embrace what they so loudly reject. 

[right][snapback]908792[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Some people like to come in here and cause drama. We KNOW you meant no harm. It's all good, we like your posts! :D:

[quote name='dspen2005' date='Mar 11 2006, 10:41 AM']Phatmass ID: dspen2005
Religious Community: Order of Our Lady of Mercy
Entrance: August 22, 2005 (Feast of the Queenship of Mary)

God-willing I will begin my novitiate this July and receive the habit at that time.
[right][snapback]908721[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:offtopic: :hijack:

Oh...wait. This is why I started the thread in the first place. I forgot.