An Old School Catholic Message Board

ECYD and Regnum Christi!

Vivacristorey

Deus te Amat

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' post='1368741' date='Aug 23 2007, 07:56 AM']my friend went to the precandidacy last year and she loved it. She discerned that she wasnt called to the Regnum Christi order, but rather an active/contemplative order, so she left. But two of her sisters are Regnum Christi sisters and are truly happy in their calling.[/quote]

[quote name='Totus Tuus' post='1368821' date='Aug 23 2007, 09:56 AM']Regnum Christi isn't an Order, it's a movement. The Legionaries of Christ are an Order, and they have the same spirituality, but Regnum Christi is the movement specifically for lay people (including the consecrated women). I believe the only Order Fr. Maciel founded was the Legion of Christ but I'm not positive. The women who dedicate their lives to it make personal promises as opposed to vows. From what I understand they can leave without having to get permission from anybody, while a sister in vows would have to get permission from the bishop and/or Holy Father. Dudette might know more about this.[/quote]

sorry... i wasnt sure what to call it, i know they are lay women. She discerned that she wasnt called to the movement then, but rather to a religious order instead. Two of her sisters are consecrated lay women though. They are extremely happy. My apologies.