An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sisters of Life

shortnun

[quote name='brendan1104' date='Jan 13 2006, 06:57 PM']sixtina, remember what that carmelite told you about contacting too many places?

the Sisters of Life, especially Sr. Kateri, S.V. are absolutely great! and that video was pretty cool, too.
[right][snapback]855475[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Yes i remember what they told me...and i just want to see what the Sisters of Life are all about....its not like i'm going to enter there tomorrow!!!! Since my discernment began and to now i have only staye din touch with only a couple communities.

[quote name='Luthien' date='Jan 13 2006, 09:47 PM']I watched them today, they were so beautiful.
[right][snapback]855707[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I watched them today and I couldn't agree more! Now I'm looking foward to visiting even more this spring!!!

I'd like to see it... I walked in when it had just ended. I've watched old shows on ewtn's website before, but I'm having trouble finding the archives now.

[quote name='FutureSoror' date='Jan 14 2006, 11:30 PM']I'd like to see it... I walked in when it had just ended.  I've watched old shows on ewtn's website before, but I'm having trouble finding the archives now.
[right][snapback]856400[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
[url="http://www.ewtn.com/rock/files/past1.asp"]The Real Player audio file link should be at the top of the page. Episode #446.[/url] I bet it was only linked in archives in the last day or so. Enjoy!

[quote name='Marieteresa' date='Jan 15 2006, 02:07 PM']I am just wonder what is the formation period for the Sisters of Life?  Do they allow aspirancies??  Just wondering
[right][snapback]856725[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Postulancy- 9 months
Novitiate- 2 years (canonical and apostolic)
[url="http://sistersoflife.org/formation.htm"]Sisters of Life- Formation site[/url] They don't seem to say how long between first profession and final profession. But based on their history, I'd say it's something like renewed vows for three years before final profession.

Somewhere, I think it was on another thread about the Sisters, I seem to recall someone saying that you had to come make a "Come & See" before entering as a postulant. But I don't know if you could extend the "Come & See" and have it be an aspirancy. I do know that they have an expanding co-workers ministry, thought. And perhaps involvement with some of the co-workers in the Sisters' various apostolates could work as an aspirancy.

[quote name='shortnun' date='Jan 15 2006, 02:43 PM']Postulancy- 9 months
Novitiate- 2 years (canonical and apostolic)
[url="http://sistersoflife.org/formation.htm"]Sisters of Life- Formation site[/url] They don't seem to say how long between first profession and final profession. But based on their history, I'd say it's something like renewed vows for three years before final profession.

Somewhere, I think it was on another thread about the Sisters, I seem to recall someone saying that you had to come make a "Come & See" before entering as a postulant. But I don't know if you could extend the "Come & See" and have it be an aspirancy. I do know that they have an expanding co-workers ministry, thought. And perhaps involvement with some of the co-workers in the Sisters' various apostolates could work as an aspirancy.
[right][snapback]856769[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Just wondering do they have an entrance once or twice a year like many other places?

[quote name='Marieteresa' date='Jan 15 2006, 02:45 PM']Just wondering do they have an entrance once or twice a year like many other places?
[right][snapback]856770[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Pretty sure just once, in August/September. Buuuuuuut someone who has some newsletters around could verify that.

[quote name='shortnun' date='Jan 15 2006, 01:54 PM']Pretty sure just once, in August/September. Buuuuuuut someone who has some newsletters around could verify that.
[right][snapback]856777[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

So far as I am aware, it's just once a year. Marieteresa, if you are interested in learning more about the SOL, I'd definately write to Sr. Mary Gabriel, the vocation directress. You need to talk to her before going on a Come & See Weekend, I believe. They really are a wonderful order & my friend who visited this past fall had an excellent experience with them.

[quote name='magnificat' date='Jan 15 2006, 03:42 PM']So far as I am aware, it's just once a year.  Marieteresa, if you are interested in learning more about the SOL, I'd definately write to Sr. Mary Gabriel, the vocation directress.  You need to talk to her before going on a Come & See Weekend, I believe.  They really are a wonderful order & my friend who visited this past fall had an excellent experience with them.
[right][snapback]856842[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

No my heart is already set...I was just wondering about them