An Old School Catholic Message Board

Poor Clares of Perpetual Adoration

be_thou_my_vision

[quote name='PCPA2Be' date='Feb 7 2006, 05:52 PM']PS while I don't have a 'OLAM Dad' who is able to send you pics of my entrance, I will be sure to ask if they can post a couple on our website so you can 'see' me.  :D:
[right][snapback]879424[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Well, you haven't even invited me! Have camera, will travel. :D:

[quote name='OLAM Dad' date='Feb 8 2006, 01:56 PM']Well, you haven't even invited me!  Have camera, will travel. :D:
[right][snapback]880774[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:D:

Too cute, because after all, by proxy, you are one of my (let's see, Phx, Hanceville and Portsmouth. . .that's about 50 sisters) 50 dads! :)

I'm sure there will be photos galore. Not sure how, but I know there will be!

God bless you!

Denise

[quote name='be_thou_my_vision' date='Feb 8 2006, 01:31 PM']Wow! Great story Denise! I am still discerning about the whole PCPA visit. The summer of 2007 is a long way away, and I have a lot of time to discern if God wants me to visit there. I will pray for you!
[right][snapback]880739[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Regardless, I will continue to pray for you. I would love to have you come for a discernment. You won't be 18 until then? I just love the spirit of that community! It's so wonderful and Mother Delores is a true mother! God bless her! She's so generous and loving.

In Christ,

Denise

[quote name='uruviel' date='Feb 8 2006, 05:40 PM']I believe they have 2 in Ohio, and 1 in Arizona ;)
[right][snapback]881040[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Who has two what in Ohio and one in AZ?

[color=red][b]edit:[/b] your comment may have been ok in another board, but not here --phatcatholic[/color]

Edited by phatcatholic

[quote name='williamb' date='Feb 8 2006, 11:16 PM'][color=red][b]edit[/b][/color][right][snapback]881391[/snapback][/right][/quote]

You know, there is no reason for you to be rude. It's amazingly uncharitable.

Although I wasn't writing to you. . .I was gathering that this poster was stating that Mother Angelica (they)has 2 monasteries in OH and one in AZ. If this person WAS stating that, they would be incorrect since although she came from the Canton monastery, it hasn't been affiliated with her since she left. Thus, I was giving him or her a chance to state more clearly what they were talking about.

Edited by phatcatholic

Denise,

What a beautiful story, isn't it amazing how our lord works!! I will keep you in my prayers as you continue on this beautiful journey!

God Bless You!

[quote name='TeresaAvila' date='Feb 9 2006, 01:18 PM']Denise,

What a beautiful story, isn't it amazing how our lord works!! I will keep you in my prayers as you continue on this beautiful journey!

God Bless You!
[right][snapback]882004[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Thank you. I am feeling blessed right now. There have been times in the past, as I was discerning. . .that I was lured away by this or that thing of the world. Should I get married, should I remain in the world etc.

I had been a postulant in an active order a while ago, but after being there for a couple of months, I knew I wasn't meant to stay. I know there is nothing 'wrong' with leaving for religious life, and then returning home, but I did feel. . .I don't know. . .like I had failed somehow? So, I was really nervous about these thoughts that perhaps I was called yet again. He never gave up on me!

After Holy Thursday Mass last year, I was in the chapel our church had made for our Adoration until Midnight and I was bound and determined to stay the entire time! (we have perpetual adoration at our parish, but the chapel was too small for an entire procession of people.) Anyway, most people chose to process in, kneel for a minute and then leave. So, out of the 100 or so chairs in place, maybe 20 were taken. I was in the 2nd row, no one else was in my row. These two women then sat down next to me as I was praying Compline. All I could think of (yes it was grumpy of me!! :blush: ) and pray about was how these two women were going to spoil my prayertime with our Lord, probably being noisy etc. Ohhhh He sure had the last laugh on ME! They stayed for 10 minutes, not saying a word. Then one of the ladies reached over, and gave me a book, said I should have it. When I asked what it was she simply said, 'Take it'. So I said thank you and put it under my Office Book.

When I finished my prayer, I look down and laughed out loud! It was a book called Come and Follow Me by Fr Manelli, FI !! Isn't our Lord funny? So, I tossed a challenge out to Him. I said, 'All right Lord, you've made your point, but lest this is just a 'coincidence', may I remind you that I am in debt thousands of dollars? If You are truly calling me to religious life, You are going to need to help me pay off my debt. I will do my part, working extra shifts at the hospital, spending less, etc. And I will start looking at communities, but You'll have to lead me there as well because I just haven't a clue where You want me!'

Three months later, my house, which hadn't gone up much in value from when I bought it. . .shot up in value, allowing me to sell my house, pay off all debt and move into a rental house until I leave for Ohio.
He even, as I posted above, showed me where He wanted me. And who says God doesn't speak to us?? I think the most remarkable thing of all of this discernment however, is the fact that as soon as I gave my yes to the PCPA. As soon as I'd said, "Lord I believe, by the signs in my life, that you are leading me here. If this is where you want me, I am your handmaid and will do Your will." All thoughts of marriage, remaining in the world, material goods, etc. have left. They're just. ..gone. In fact, as I get rid of my belongings, it gives me such a sense of freedom. I never even had that when I entered religious life over 10 yrs ago. That's why, when I see others who are discerning and are having difficulties deciding if they are called to religious life, I just pray that once they give their 'yes' that our Lord will give them the peace of that decision.

Thank you so much for your prayers. It is still scary. I am not superwoman. I still feel a litlte scared and nervous. So I will be so enriched by your prayers. And as I go before our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament I will keep you in mine.

God bless you,

Denise

[quote name='OLAM Dad' date='Feb 9 2006, 03:50 PM']Denise,

Your story is very inspiring in so many ways.  Thanks for sharing it with us. 

Dad
[right][snapback]882175[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:blush:

Inspiring? Well, I guess I am just on fire and want everyone to become religious! :D:
Seriously, though (although perhaps quite a bit of me WAS serious!) I don't consider myself or anything about myself, inspiring. My own thoughts are, if God could call such an imperfect one as myself and give me the grace to accept His call. . .me who is so Much Afraid (see Hannah Hurnard's book Hinds' Feet on High Places: "No one, not even your own shrinking heart, can pluck you out of My hands"---The Shepherd to Much Afraid). . .He certainly give the same and even more inspiring graces to those more worthy than me! But thank you. You made my day.

Your little sister in Christ,

Denise

brandelynmarie

Hello! I just joined this forum & Denise, what a beautiful story! I, too have visited the Ohio PCPA's (unofficially last October) & I will keep you in my prayers as you wait for Divine Mercy Sunday...The time will go fast...& to Jenny 2007 will be just around the corner too...don't give up! Pace e bene, Brandelyn :bigpray:

[quote name='brandelynmarie' date='Feb 11 2006, 10:02 AM']Hello! I just joined this forum & Denise, what a beautiful story! I, too have visited the Ohio PCPA's (unofficially last October) & I will keep you in my prayers as you wait for Divine Mercy Sunday...The time will go fast...& to Jenny 2007 will be just around the corner too...don't give up! Pace e bene, Brandelyn :bigpray:
[right][snapback]883897[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Brandelyn,

God bless you and thank you for your prayers. What did you think of St Joseph's? Will you be returning for discernment?

Pax Christi,

Denise

PS OLAM Dad, when we were talking about things I would miss? More than my laptop, I will miss Tae Bo. :blush: :drool:

[quote name='PCPA2Be' date='Feb 11 2006, 11:09 AM']Brandelyn,

God bless you and thank you for your prayers.  What did you think of St Joseph's?  Will you be returning for discernment?

Pax Christi,

Denise

PS OLAM Dad, when we were talking about things I would miss?  More than my laptop, I will miss Tae Bo.  :blush:  :drool:
[right][snapback]883904[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Somewhere else here, somebody mentioned they might do tae bo in Hanceville, so don't be too sure about tae bo!

[quote name='jgirl' date='Feb 11 2006, 03:50 PM']Somewhere else here, somebody mentioned they might do tae bo in Hanceville, so don't be too sure about tae bo!
[right][snapback]884089[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I know, but we don't have any TVs at St Joseph's, so unless that changes, I can't imagine doing Tae Bo. :weep:

Although.... :idontknow: :bigpray: