An Old School Catholic Message Board

Poor Clares of Perpetual Adoration

be_thou_my_vision

[quote name='PCPA2Be' date='Feb 11 2006, 06:15 PM']I know, but we don't have any TVs at St Joseph's, so unless that changes, I can't imagine doing Tae Bo.  :weep:

Although.... :idontknow:  :bigpray:
[right][snapback]884139[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Tae Bo? I've never tried it, but since you recommend it I might give it a go.

Sr. Lauren was about to begin her black belt testing in an art known as Kuk Sool Won. Mother Vicar has talked to her about giving classes to the sisters. In her jumper, Sr. Lauren is somewhat physically restrained. When she is invested she will have more 'room to roam' and maybe then they can start the classes.

I was an Officer Candidate School instructor for the Army for 4 years and Sr. Lauren has said that Mother might want me to give some firearms training to the sisters at some point. Don't worry phamily; if it happens OLAM Dad will have camera in hand. :D:

Edited by OLAM Dad

[quote name='OLAM Dad' date='Feb 11 2006, 06:20 PM']Tae Bo?  I've never tried it, but since you recommend it I might give it a go.

Sr. Lauren was about to begin her black belt testing in an art known as Kuk Sool Won.  Mother Vicar has talked to her about giving classes to the sisters.  In her jumper, Sr. Lauren is somewhat physically restrained.  When she is invested she will have more 'room to roam' and maybe then they can start the classes.

I was an Officer Candidate School instructor for the Army for 4 years and Sr. Lauren has said that Mother might want me to give some firearms training to the sisters at some point.  Don't worry phamily; if it happens OLAM Dad will have camera in hand.  :D:
[right][snapback]884230[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Firearms training? nuns with guns, eh???

I actually am firearms trained. comes from cops and firemen in the family. . . .

D.

[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/materdei/OLAM%20Entrance/nuns_with_guns_big.jpg[/img]

These nuns actually need some firearms training. They are violating one of the 4 safety rules of safe firearms handling. Can anybody tell me which one???

Edited by OLAM Dad

[quote name='OLAM Dad' date='Feb 11 2006, 07:14 PM'][img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/materdei/OLAM%20Entrance/nuns_with_guns_big.jpg[/img]

These nuns actually need some firearms training.  They are violating one of the 4 safety rules of safe firearms handling.  Can anybody tell me which one???
[right][snapback]884294[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

No fingers on the trigger!!! Unless you mean to use it!!

[quote name='PCPA2Be' date='Feb 11 2006, 09:17 PM']No fingers on the trigger!!!  Unless you mean to use it!!
[right][snapback]884297[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:bigclap:

I was speaking to one of the sisters here in Phoenix as I am supposed to have a visiting day with them before I enter. I'd just go up there for prayer, possibly Mass, and lunch or dinner, depending on when I go. I was told, so please keep them in your prayers, that a generous benefactor gave the sisters tickets to Rome and Assisi! I can't recall how long she said they'd be gone but it will be in March. Pray for their safety and that it will be a wonderfully spiritual journey for them!

I know they had to get special permission to go as that sort of thing wouldn't normally be allowed. Perhaps it was 'ok' since they aren't in enclosure yet. But anyway. . . .

Have a great rest of the weekend!

In Jesus,
Denise

All right all you webmeisters! Here's a request from Sister Imelda Marie (Mother Vicar, to me :blush: ). If you either PM me or reply right here, it makes no difference, I will let her know either way.

If you google PCPA you'll notice that Portsmouth is wayyy down the list. I guess one of the things she was told is that to get it up higher, you have to be linked to other big sites. Besides here and EWTN, which other sites, large holy Catholic sites could she be linked to. . .and do any of you have any other ideas of how to get them up higher on the list, at least on the first page?!

God reward you,

Denise

brandelynmarie

Denise, I hope to visit the Ohio PCPA's sometime in the next 6 months or so for an OFFICIAL visit...I went to visit them last October on the Feast of St. Francis because I wanted to attend their Mass & get a "feel" for their charism...Mother Dolores Marie generously let me stay overnight in the guest quarters ( I was so happy as I had planned on getting a Motel 6 room somewhere...I live 5 hours away!) I am going to write Mother Dolores Marie sometime this week & request a visit...I am 34 years-old & I can truly feel my "nun-clock" ticking! ;) I also am having difficulty paying off my school loans...Soooo....I have been praying about it & I have decided to stop being afraid, be willing to sacrifice everything for Him, & at least start making official visits. If I am accepted somewhere, then I will see what I can do about my loans. If the doors open, I will walk through them into religious life knowing that it is God's will for me. I really feel drawn to the PCPA's...God has been so merciful to me that I want to spend the rest of my life thanking Him & it is my deepest hope that all people enter the Kingdom of the Father...I f I can help in any small way with my life, I will...Pace e bene, Brandelyn

[quote name='brandelynmarie' date='Feb 13 2006, 12:01 PM']Denise, I hope to visit the Ohio PCPA's sometime in the next 6 months or so for an OFFICIAL visit...I went to visit them last October on the Feast of St. Francis because I wanted to attend their Mass & get a "feel" for their charism...Mother Dolores Marie generously let me stay overnight in the guest quarters ( I was so happy as I had planned on getting a Motel 6 room somewhere...I live 5 hours away!) I am going to write Mother Dolores Marie sometime this week & request a visit...I am 34 years-old & I can truly feel my "nun-clock" ticking!  ;)  I also am having difficulty paying off  my school loans...Soooo....I have been praying about it & I have decided to stop being afraid, be willing to sacrifice everything for Him, & at least start making official visits. If I am accepted somewhere, then I will see what I can do about my loans. If the doors open, I will walk through them into religious life knowing that it is God's will for me. I really feel drawn to the PCPA's...God has been so merciful to me that I want to spend the rest of my life thanking Him & it is my deepest hope that all people enter the Kingdom of the Father...I f I can help in any small way with my life, I will...Pace e bene, Brandelyn
[right][snapback]886019[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I will pray for you! :pray:

But please know this. . .most won't accept you unTIL your loans are paid off. I once wanted to visit a community. ..just to start the relationship, you know? And was told to come back once I was closer to having them paid off. I couldn't even visit until I was almost debt free. :(

So, God willing, you will be able to discern while paying them off, and if it is His will, you will definitely see Him working in your life!

God bless you.

:sign:

PS. yes, I am Tae Bo Queen, but hey, no worshipping. . .that's for my future Spouse alone! ;)

brandelynmarie

Denise, What about the Laboure Foundation? I thought I read somewhere that you had to be accepted, but it would be pending pay-off of all debts...So then the Laboure Foundation would create a trust fund of sorts & you would have to obtain benefactors to help you...Does anyone else know about this? Or perhaps I have it all backwards! :idontknow: With God, anything is possible! Pace e bene, Brandelyn

Hey missy,
Well I did contact the Labourne Foundation and it sounds like your correct. They set up a trust fund and one writes letters to find Benefactors. No you dont have to be accepted in order to use the foundation, I am actually on there aspirant list even though I wasnt formally accepted by a community. Prayers for you on your vocation Journey!!

In JMJ

brandelynmarie

Marieteresa, Ah! This gives me great hope! And I have just read somewhere on here in the Money thread about someone doing the 54 Day Rosary Novena...I believe I will do both! God is good...Thanks for your prayers as well...I will keep you in mine! Pace e bene, Brandelynmarie

[quote name='brandelynmarie' date='Feb 13 2006, 12:18 PM']Denise, What about the Laboure Foundation? I thought I read somewhere that you had to be accepted, but it would be pending pay-off of all debts...So then the Laboure Foundation would create a trust fund of sorts & you would have to obtain benefactors to help you...Does anyone else know about this? Or perhaps I have it all backwards!  :idontknow: With God, anything is possible! Pace e bene, Brandelyn
[right][snapback]886036[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I have heard of them and from what I have heard, you are correct. Each community is different however. Some state that all your debts would have to be paid off, even by them, before you are allowed perpetual or solemn profession. With some communities, they are willing to accept that sort of 'provision' regardless. As I said, it all depends on where you are discerning. Communities are as unique as snowflakes :)

God bless you.