An Old School Catholic Message Board

Poor Clares of Perpetual Adoration

be_thou_my_vision

You know that I am praying for you, even though I can't be there during your visit. Let us know how things went! :yahoo:

This is me for you this weekend :sign:

brandelynmarie

WOW! I hope you will be able to visit! I remember it being very peaceful even in the guest room....& I know that Denise can tell you so much more...Prayers here! Pace e bene, Brandelyn

For Shernel and all those who are visiting the PCPA this week in Ohio, that our Lord might call some good and generous souls to our community.

For Shernel's intentions, for her vocation, and for those other women:

Haily Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen

Marieteresa

well....I had a wonderful visit! The first day I spent the first day outside the cloister on a silent retreat and then I was able to talk to Rev. Mother the following day. She asked me about my life and what not. She then invited me to come into the cloister.....Which was awesome! I was kinda afraid because I didn't know what to expect at first. I got a chance to meet all the sisters although a couple of them where down with a flu bug. I got a chance to talk with Sr. St. Clare quite a bit and I was able to do some chores and I had a scheduled adoration time which was at 1pm. Then the following day the sisters had to meet th seminarians up at the future home of the monastery. The Seminarians were working at the cabin which is on the property grounds and so that left me and Sr. St. Clare to hold down the fort while Rev. Mother and Mother Vicar were away. So it was quite an adventure! Its so funny how different places have different spirits...you know. I really loved it there....even though i had my moments of not knowing what I am suppose to be doing or shutting my finger in the cabinet. Our Lord did give me a peace there but the issue is whether or not I am able to bear the cross of getting there.

In JMJ

You are in my prayers as you continue to discern your vocation. I know you have a mountain of debt which seems impossible right now. Last year, I sat before our dear Lord in the Blessed Sacrament and told Him (yes, 'told' Him :blush: ) that if I was called to be His bride, then He would have to help me get there, wherever I was called.

He will aid you, He will carry you when it seems hard. He loves you with an everlasting love. He has called you by name. And if, by your name, are the words 'Bride of Christ, the eternal, most high King'? He WILL help you to that end.

I will keep you most fervently in my prayers.

God bless you and keep you in His Sacred Heart,
Denise

brandelynmarie

I kinda know how you feel...It is to try to trust the Lord as we go on this journey...Not being able to see ahead...having this desire to enter religious life for Him & try to work through the apparent obstacles with His grace....Glad it was a prayerful, positive experience for you! Many prayers here! Peace, Brandelyn

Shernel, how are you doing? I've been thinking about you a lot.

I'm praying for you :pray:

Let's all storm heaven for this wonderful woman!

Marieteresa

Hey Denise,
Thanks for thinking about me....well I think Iam going to stop thinking about a vocation for awhile and focus more on music. Iam tansitioning from violin to cello...So I want to work on that......Iam just tired and fustrated with the vocation stuff because it seems like it boils down to money which Iam still trying to deal with. Iam just going to aborb myself in my music.

~shernel

Never give up on God!! Give Him a looonnng chance and pray! Recieve sacraments, they help. God wil never give up on you whether you give up on Him or not.
Music is lovely though I have to admit, very wordly thing but I have to admit I can't live without it. ;)
God Bless you,
-Lori

[quote name='Marieteresa' date='Mar 27 2006, 01:15 PM']Hey Denise,
Thanks for thinking about me....well I think Iam going to stop thinking about a vocation for awhile and focus more on music.  Iam tansitioning from violin to cello...So I want to work on that......Iam just tired and fustrated with the vocation stuff because it seems like it boils down to money which Iam still trying to deal with.  Iam just going to aborb myself in my  music.

~shernel
[right][snapback]923893[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Music is wonderful therapy. This might be a balm for your soul. But don't be discouraged. I know it's easier said than done, but I've been trying to pay off debt for a long time, before our Lord stepped in and helped me. He will help you too, when you least expect it.

God bless you,
Denise