An Old School Catholic Message Board

any FSSP, ICKSP, or SSPX priests?

Resurrexi

[quote name='StThomasMore' date='Jan 15 2006, 06:40 PM']the SSPX isnt in schism! and really, why would it be? It's just another order like the Carmelites, Franciscans, Domonicans, the FSSP, or the Institute of Christ the King!
[right][snapback]857025[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Of course it's in schism! Pope John Paul II said so himself! Sure, the SSPX claims otherwise, but isn't it just like those who are in schism to claim that they're not in schism but that the rest of the Church is?

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

[quote name='StThomasMore' date='Jan 15 2006, 06:40 PM']the SSPX isnt in schism! and really, why would it be? It's just another order like the Carmelites, Franciscans, Domonicans, the FSSP, or the Institute of Christ the King!
[/quote]

Tyler do not debate these people. I really don't think it is a good idea to do.

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Jan 15 2006, 06:47 PM']Tyler do not debate these people. I really don't think it is a good idea to do.
[right][snapback]857037[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I can't help it; I have to ask -- what happened, Sam? You'd made great progress, and now you're once again defending the SSPX.

[quote name='StThomasMore' date='Jan 15 2006, 05:40 PM']the SSPX isnt in schism! and really, why would it be? It's just another order like the Carmelites, Franciscans, Domonicans, the FSSP, or the Institute of Christ the King!
[/quote]
[url="http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/john_paul_ii/motu_proprio/documents/hf_jp-ii_motu-proprio_02071988_ecclesia-dei_en.html"]Here is the link[/url] to the letter that rkwright posted, [i]Ecclesia Dei[/i] regarding the schismatic status of the SSPX.

You'll note that this is from the Vatican.

[quote name='philothea' date='Jan 15 2006, 08:44 PM'][url="http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/john_paul_ii/motu_proprio/documents/hf_jp-ii_motu-proprio_02071988_ecclesia-dei_en.html"]Here is the link[/url] to the letter that rkwright posted, [i]Ecclesia Dei[/i] regarding the schismatic status of the SSPX. 

You'll note that this is from the Vatican.
[right][snapback]857096[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

sam, you are catholic. never deny the faith- outside of the church there is no salvation.

The Society of St. Pius X is not a Catholic order, but a schismatic society of Priests founded by the late Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre, who died excommunicated. The society has not restored communion with the Catholic Church, and it does not operate under any local Ordinary. It is not a society that Catholics may join.

The FSSP, on the other hand, is a fine society of Priests, in communion with the Bishop of Rome and the local Bishop.

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

[quote name='brendan1104' date='Jan 15 2006, 08:33 PM']sam, you are catholic. never deny the faith- outside of the church there is no salvation.
[right][snapback]857134[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

i don't really know what to believe anymore.