An Old School Catholic Message Board

Institute on Religious Life

the_rev

Just curious if anyone is going to be at the Institute on Religious Life's conference April st-rd, I'm thinking about going down for the youth day. Since my mother has re-converted to the faith the possibility is there. It is at Mundelein in the Chicago, IL, area.

Just cuirious if anyone else is going!

In Christ,

Ed

[quote name='the_rev' date='Jan 24 2006, 08:39 PM']Just curious if anyone is going to be at the Institute on Religious Life's conference April st-rd, I'm thinking about going down for the youth day.  Since my mother has re-converted to the faith the possibility is there.  It is at Mundelein in the Chicago, IL, area.

In Christ,

Ed
[right][snapback]864984[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I was thinking about going but I don't think I could swing it with after my time with Nuns and going to an ordination in early May at a Trappist monastery in NY. I want to go because the subject matter is excellant.
<Sigh> I guess I have to settle for tapes and the magazine articles!!!.

Maybe it is just vanity for me to return this year meeting. Last year I made the front cover of the Religious Life magazine that featured the conference last year. I asked a friend of mine who is a sister if I would increase my vocation prospects if they communities knew they were getting a "Cover Girl" :lol:

Laurentina1975

[quote name='the_rev' date='Jan 24 2006, 07:39 PM']Just curious if anyone is going to be at the Institute on Religious Life's conference April st-rd, I'm thinking about going down for the youth day.  Since my mother has re-converted to the faith the possibility is there.  It is at Mundelein in the Chicago, IL, area.

In Christ,

Ed
[/quote]

+JMJ+

ED!
I will definately be there! Mosy definately, I was there last year.
See you there!
Lauren

Guest Rick777

[quote name='brendan1104' date='Jan 25 2006, 07:59 AM']donna,

ill get to see you twice!

you know the genesee monks?
[right][snapback]865466[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

What in the world is a genesse monk?

[quote name='Rick777' date='Jan 25 2006, 05:26 PM']What in the world is a genesse monk?
[right][snapback]865824[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Dear Brendan,

Yes, I am friends with Fr. Jerome and Br. Stephen who will be ordained. Small world :cool:

Dear Rick777 the "genesee monks" are the Trappist monks of the Abbey of the Genesee in Piffard NY. If you are familiar with Monk Bread, these are the Trappists that make it. Here is a link to their abbey website

[url="http://www.geneseeabbey.org/"]http://www.geneseeabbey.org/[/url]

Anyone can stay for a weekend or a week long retreat at the guesthouse. I have been there twice now but this will be the first time I will be with them when there will be no snow!!! I spent Christmas there one year and on the Feast of Stephen (Boxing Day for me and others on the list) I was blessed to witness the final vows of Br. Stephen. Now God is gracious to allow me to be at his ordination.

I am so excited. The best part of this deal is the good monks make delivery to the Domincian Nuns in Buffalo!!!! So maybe I might be able to see Br. Stephen if he is on a bread run.

God is wonderful indeed :D:

It is too bad I didn't know you folks at this time last year. We could have had Phatmass table at the banquet!!!

Edited by passionheart

srmarymichael

[quote name='the_rev' date='Jan 24 2006, 07:39 PM']Just curious if anyone is going to be at the Institute on Religious Life's conference April st-rd, I'm thinking about going down for the youth day.  Since my mother has re-converted to the faith the possibility is there.  It is at Mundelein in the Chicago, IL, area.

In Christ,

Ed
[/quote]

I won't be able to go to this, but my Superior (Sr. Mary Ana) and another Sister are going. They'll have a booth there. Look 'em up! Have fun without us!

Laurentina1975

[quote name='srmarymichael' date='Jan 26 2006, 10:24 AM']I won't be able to go to this, but my Superior (Sr. Mary Ana) and another Sister are going.  They'll have a booth there.  Look 'em up!  Have fun without us!
[right][snapback]866529[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

That's it I am not going now.
Sr. Mary Michael, I know you have to be obedient, but can't you trrrryyyy to go? :ohno: I was sooo hoping to meet you! Oh but wait...I'll see you in St. Charles right?

In JMJ.
Lauren

Edited by Laurentina1975

srmarymichael

[quote name='Laurentina1975' date='Jan 26 2006, 02:33 PM']That's it I am not going now.
Sr. Mary Michael, I know you have to be obedient, but can't you trrrryyyy to go? :ohno:  I was sooo hoping to meet you!  Oh but wait...I'll see you in St. Charles right?

In JMJ.
Lauren
[right][snapback]866760[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I'll be in St. Charles for the "Here I Am Lord Conference" -- yes. I'll get to meet you (and other Phatmass phriends) then hopefully!

srmarymichael

[quote name='Sixtina87' date='Jan 26 2006, 12:24 PM']Sister Michael, is this before or after the COme and See weekend??? jw
[right][snapback]866616[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

This IRL Conference is in April and our next Come and See is in May. So yeah, you can meet Sr. Mary Ana and decide if you want to travel this far or not..... :cool:

Laurentina1975

[quote name='srmarymichael' date='Jan 27 2006, 10:41 AM']I'll be in St. Charles for the "Here I Am Lord Conference" -- yes.  I'll get to meet you (and other Phatmass phriends) then hopefully!
[right][snapback]867506[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:clap:
See you there!
Peace and all good!
Lauren