An Old School Catholic Message Board

Vocation Summer Camp, Rockford, IL

srmarymichael

srmarymichael

Dear Phatmass Phriends again,

I hope Fr. Aaron doesn't mind me advertising his Summer Vocation Camp, but we had so much fun last summer, I know some of you would enjoy it if you live nearby.

This year, on July 9-12, 2006, the Diocese of Rockford, IL will have their Vocation Summer Camp. They invite Sisters to come and give talks, etc. We also go hiking, have a bon-fire, and play games. It's a great experience to get to spend time with Sisters and ask questions, pray, and have fun!

Here's the Vocation Website. It's called St. Therese Vocation Camp.

FOR THE GUYS -- they have a Summer Camp for guys too. Check it out!

[url="http://www.rockvoc.org/"]http://www.rockvoc.org/[/url]

srmarymichael

[quote name='OLAM Dad' date='Jan 27 2006, 11:26 AM']The site seems to be down right now.  :(
[right][snapback]867559[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Try it again! It's working for me.

Edited by srmarymichael

[quote name='srmarymichael' date='Jan 27 2006, 08:29 PM']Try it again!  It's working for me.
[right][snapback]868112[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Boy that camp looks like a alot of fun. I wish those events were around when I was younger. It may have may a difference in lives of many of my peer group. :(

Edited by passionheart

AlterDominicus

[quote name='srmarymichael' date='Jan 27 2006, 10:00 AM']Dear Phatmass Phriends again,

I hope Fr. Aaron doesn't mind me advertising his Summer Vocation Camp, but we had so much fun last summer, I know some of you would enjoy it if you live nearby.

This year, on July 9-12, 2006, the Diocese of Rockford, IL will have their Vocation Summer Camp.  They invite Sisters to come and give talks, etc.  We also go hiking, have a bon-fire, and play games.  It's a great experience to get to spend time with Sisters and ask questions, pray, and have fun! 

Here's the Vocation Website.  It's called St. Therese Vocation Camp.

FOR THE GUYS -- they have a Summer Camp for guys too.  Check it out!

[url="http://www.rockvoc.org/"]http://www.rockvoc.org/[/url]
[right][snapback]867532[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Well....Sister, you have a gist of what my Summer Vocation Camp is already. I'm still talkin to Deacon Mike, I pray we can get you up here. In the summer, the camp is in June. ^_^

srmarymichael

[quote name='AlterDominicus' date='Jan 28 2006, 02:21 PM']Well....Sister, you have a gist of what my Summer Vocation Camp is already.  I'm still talkin to Deacon Mike, I pray we can get you up here. In the summer, the camp is in June.  ^_^
[right][snapback]868660[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Just let me know. I'll check my calendar...... :unsure:

smm

srmarymichael

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' date='Jan 30 2006, 10:08 AM']:D: That's my diocese!  I think I'm a bit too old though...
[right][snapback]870045[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

No, you're not too old. We had college students there last year. They had a different track for when we talked about important things. Call Fr. Aaron if you have a question about it.

srmarymichael

By the way, we're going to attempt the First Summer Vocation Camp in the Diocese of Amarillo, Texas, where I live!!! This will be interesting....

Anyone live nearby that wants to help put it on? or participate for that matter?

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='srmarymichael' date='Jan 31 2006, 11:03 AM']No, you're not too old.  We had college students there last year.  They had a different track for when we talked about important things.  Call Fr. Aaron if you have a question about it.
[right][snapback]870986[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:) I'll see what I can do...