An Old School Catholic Message Board

Global Warming is a hoax.

ironmonk

PhuturePriest

I suppose you could say that even wild horses couldn't drag this thread away.

I have taken the time to fully appreciate your avatar for the first time ever. Good taste, sir.

Not The Philosopher

I have taken the time to fully appreciate your avatar for the first time ever. Good taste, sir.

I am a paragon of good taste.

Found this to be an easy article to read for the average Joe. (Not saying that as a slight)

It includes a lot of external links to reports and other articles written by notable scientists. It is my opinion that climate change denialism (or any sort of denialism of innovation, science, or discovery) boils down to the new era we seem to be passing into: anti-intellectualism. 

You cant really argue with anti-intellectualist because they dont operate on the same plane of reality as you do. So its a hard battle...but one I hope we can surmount before this gets too far. :idontknow:

Ash Wednesday

What I don't understand is why people, including Catholics, are so UPSET about Pope Francis' upcoming encyclical, despite the fact that not one word of it has even come to light.

I guess I also don't understand why people generally get upset about any idea that we should be careful stewards of the earth. Is it because secularists use it as a justification for population control? Because, you know, as Catholics we don't have to approach it that way and I fail to see how being given dominion over the earth means some kind of God given right to swim in our own garbage, deplete our resources and harm our quality of life as if that's the ideal that He wills for us. I doubt it.

Mind you, I grew up in the Evergeen State (Washington) so generally we recycle in our sleep and caring about our surroundings is second nature to us. But I don't understand why people get so defensive about the subject of ecology. I've seen people call Francis the "worst pope ever" over something like this, and it just boggles my mind. 

BRB going to go hug a western hemlock now.

PhuturePriest

What I don't understand is why people, including Catholics, are so UPSET about Pope Francis' upcoming encyclical, despite the fact that not one word of it has even come to light.

I guess I also don't understand why people generally get upset about any idea that we should be careful stewards of the earth. Is it because secularists use it as a justification for population control? Because, you know, as Catholics we don't have to approach it that way and I fail to see how being given dominion over the earth means some kind of God given right to swim in our own garbage, deplete our resources and harm our quality of life if it can be avoided.

Mind you, I grew up in the Evergeen State (Washington) so generally we recycle in our sleep and caring about our surroundings is second nature to us. But I don't understand why people get so defensive about the subject of ecology. I've seen people call Francis the "worst pope ever" over something like this, and it just boggles my mind. 

The Church in America has become so policitized that non-political issues (Like global climate change) have become political. I'm not a liberal by any means, but if I told any of my republican friends that I believe in global climate change, they would automatically label me as a liberal and not listen to anything I say otherwise. America, in every facet, is so political that nothing is not political.

Politics before faith. It's really as simple as that.

Anthropogenically driven climate change is not the thing talked about in the media. Science and the pope never get proper representation from journalists.

veritasluxmea

America, in every facet, is so political that nothing is not political.

Politics is like a form of religion. I wonder if that's the case is any other western countries. 

I guess I also don't understand why people generally get upset about any idea that we should be careful stewards of the earth. Is it because secularists use it as a justification for population control? Because, you know, as Catholics we don't have to approach it that way and I fail to see how being given dominion over the earth means some kind of God given right to swim in our own garbage, deplete our resources and harm our quality of life as if that's the ideal that He wills for us. I doubt it.

AMERICA! OH YEAH!

I thought about linking the original and realized I didn't want a vacation.

I did my part today and emptied an entire can of air freshener in my front yard and one in the back, then I was like up yours Captain Planet ! and I burned a couple of tires.

you know what else is a proven hoax,,

Darwins theory of evolution.

but what ever the people that believe these issues are the ones contributing to a lot of the problems in our society, I wouldn't be so worried about the debate of is Evolution and Global Warming a hoax, I would be concerned on how to get people who believe in it to try to understand the plethora of information printed and proven time an time again to be correct to at the very least be open to reading one chapter on either of the subjects.

and there is a big difference in being a good steward of the earth, and believing political based propaganda that is designed to dumb down people.

and there is a big difference in being a good steward of the earth, and believing political based propaganda that is designed to dumb down people.

oh-the-irony.jpeg