An Old School Catholic Message Board

PCPA Ohio

HisChild

WOOOOHOOOO! :secret:

I got my fabric in the mail to make my postulant uniforms, my nighties, and my apron! I wasn't sure where to post this but was bubbling over so I had to start a new thread! I suppose this is where I'll do my countdown! I leave April 22nd! :dance:

PCPA2Be AKA Denise

That's awesome!

I'm scared for making my postulant uniform! I don't have any of the info yet, but I couldn't sew if my life depended on it, and my mom is always travelling for work. It's bad when the 12 year old inner city girls say things like, "You don't want Miss Jenny to help you unless you be really desperate!"

Random question: do you sew your habit when you're a postulant?

[quote name='jgirl' date='Feb 14 2006, 07:35 PM']That's awesome!

I'm scared for making my postulant uniform! I don't have any of the info yet, but I couldn't sew if my life depended on it, and my mom is always travelling for work. It's bad when the 12 year old inner city girls say things like, "You don't want Miss Jenny to help you unless you be really desperate!"

Random question: do you sew your habit when you're a postulant?
[right][snapback]887733[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Well, my mother is, as well as being a nurse, a seamstress. SCORE!

As for the habit itself, yes, you do help sew it, with the assistance of whoever is the seamstress.

wow!!!!! If i made my own postulants habit....it would so messed up......i cant sew let alone cut the fabric out right!!!! I'm so excited for you Denise!!!! It will be a blessing to make your own postulants uniform becuase you are putting your heart and soul into it...at least your mom is or who ever does the sewing!!!! it will be awesome!!!!

[quote name='Sixtina87' date='Feb 14 2006, 08:32 PM']wow!!!!! If i made my own postulants habit....it would so messed up......i cant sew let alone cut the fabric out right!!!! I'm so excited for you Denise!!!! It will be a blessing to make your own postulants uniform becuase you are putting your heart and soul into it...at least your mom is or who ever does the sewing!!!! it will be awesome!!!!
[right][snapback]887813[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Well my mom's strong point isn't creating patterns. I was given an extra dress and told to either find a close pattern or make a pattern. I'm going to be working with someone to make a pattern.

Same thing with the apron.

You should SEE the nightgown! It's beautiful!

I also like to cut out. I love to sew but don't have a machine, so I let my mom help because she's good at it. you know?

Your sister!

Denise

[quote name='PCPA2Be' date='Feb 14 2006, 10:37 PM']Well my mom's strong point isn't creating patterns.  I was given an extra dress and told to either find a close pattern or make a pattern.  I'm going to be working with someone to make a pattern.

Same thing with the apron. 

You should SEE the nightgown!  It's beautiful!

I also like to cut out.  I love to sew but don't have a machine, so I let my mom help because she's good at it.  you know?

Your sister!

Denise
[right][snapback]887823[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
NAW!!! a mother daughter bond!!! how cute!!!! What you should do when you are done making the cloths.....take pics of them to show us!!!! u keep talking about the nighty ..................so lets see!!!!

[quote name='Sixtina87' date='Feb 14 2006, 08:43 PM']NAW!!! a mother daughter bond!!! how cute!!!! What you should do when you are done making the cloths.....take pics of them to show us!!!! u keep talking about the nighty ..................so lets see!!!!
[right][snapback]887834[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

A nightie on a public forum?????

:shock:

[quote name='PCPA2Be' date='Feb 14 2006, 10:45 PM']A nightie on a public forum?????

:shock:
[right][snapback]887836[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

LOL, i always wonder what the nighty's look like for religious!!!!

It is floor length, cream colored, with long sleeves with the 'romantic' type ruffles on them. The collar is flat with a couple of buttons. I will, apparently have a head covering to wear at night, praise be to Jesus!

Even our night clothes are wonderful!

[quote name='PCPA2Be' date='Feb 14 2006, 11:00 PM']It is floor length, cream colored, with long sleeves with the 'romantic' type ruffles on them.  The collar is flat with a couple of buttons.  I will, apparently have a head covering to wear at night, praise be to Jesus! 

Even our night clothes are wonderful!
[right][snapback]887866[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

yeah once you enter and wear a viel, at night you have to have somethign covering your head...its called a night viel...but it more like bandana!!!1

OK how did it double post?

I'm not sure why this is doing this. . ..I'm sorry. :maddest:

Edited by PCPA2Be