An Old School Catholic Message Board

PCPA Ohio

HisChild

Denise,

Am SOOO happy for you!!! :clapping: Oh that must be neat to make your own habit. So do you have a regular habit and a working habit? know that I am keeping you in my prayers as you await your entrance day!!

Denise,

when you become professed, do you wear your habit to sleep? I know some poor clares still do that.

God bless You!

[quote name='PCPA2Be' date='Feb 14 2006, 11:00 PM']It is floor length, cream colored, with long sleeves with the 'romantic' type ruffles on them.  The collar is flat with a couple of buttons.  I will, apparently have a head covering to wear at night, praise be to Jesus! 

Even our night clothes are wonderful!
[right][snapback]887866[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Edited by TeresaAvila

I don't think so. I was told that all of the sisters wear the same cream colored nightgowns, with night time veils or head coverings.

Oh! I will be making two jumpers. I 'm not sure which is for which. Perhaps as they get used more often and one appears a little more 'worn' than the other, that will be the work jumper and the other the regular one. Same situation for the habit once I receive that. At least, when I was a postulant before, that was what we did. I've heard of sisters sleeping in their habit. I am not sure, after we receive the scapular, for instance, if that will be a part of the night wear (one for sleep) or not. so many new things to learn!

Yours in Jesus,

Denise

Yes, you do make your own habit. If you do not know how to sew, I would imagine that you would be taught. However, there is a sister seamstress who also helps you. Perhaps all you do is cut out the fabric. I don't know to what extent you participate. Of course someone has to help you with measuring etc. I just don't know exactly how much is on *you* to do. :)

I took sewing in Jr and Hi school. But I haven't had a machine in about a decade. I would LOVE LOVE :love: to sew. But it's all up to Mother and what she assigns of you.

brandelynmarie

Oh my golly Denise! This is soooo exciting to read! I am so tickled that you are so generous in sharing your last few months with us...It is giving me hope & is giving me ideas of what to expect if I enter there... :saint: (I wish there was a nun smiley face) Of course, I could not sew to save myself at this moment in time, but I am willing to learn...And to have a night veil too! What a wonderful reminder to have...How beautiful! Deo Gratias! Brandelyn (Oh, & good luck in getting your wardrobe together! I always wondered if they were handmade...)

brandelynmarie

Denise, What did you wear when you visited the PCPA's? I thought about getting a simple black dress...And how long were you visiting in the cloister? I thought I remember Mother saying it would be for 2 days...Ah, but since I work midnights my memory sometimes plays tricks on me... :rolleyes: Thanks much, Brandelyn

I just wore long skirts and sweaters. Remember I visited in November, so it was cold. :)

I was there a total of 4 days, but only 2full days. The other two I had to travel to/from Columbus.
I could have gone for longer, I suppose, but those were the days I had off. Just be modest and you will be ok.

:)

Incarnate Word Postulant

Congratultions! I will pray that you will get your curry (whatever that is) I am Mexican, so I know more about tacos, so very tasty and good for you, and hot sauce.

My mother sends me food once in a while and we all enjoy it. And the few times she has visited she cooks Mexican breakfast for the whole gang. :thumbsup:

[quote name='PCPA2Be' date='Feb 15 2006, 01:30 PM']:ninja:  ninja hijacker!  :hijack:

You need a :spanking:
  :P:
[right][snapback]888323[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:rolling: :hehehe:
That was funny!!!!
[quote name='OLAM Dad' date='Feb 15 2006, 01:40 PM']That spanking smilie is a bit risque, don't you think?  And you, a future nun?  Shame!
[right][snapback]888337[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Oh dad, calm down, she was just joking!!! Anyways, i have to behave she could pass as my mom!!!! Sry to say denise!!! LOL!!
[quote name='PCPA2Be' date='Feb 15 2006, 01:43 PM']When I saw that I was laughing so hard, I couldn't stop.  I was gasping for breath!
[right][snapback]888346[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
LOL< i was too almost, when is aw that i was laughing but i"m like OMG what the heck!!!! LOL!!

[quote name='Incarnate Word Postulant' date='Feb 15 2006, 07:00 PM']Congratultions! I will pray that you will get your curry (whatever that is) I am Mexican, so I know more about tacos, so very tasty and good for you, and hot sauce.

My mother sends me food once in a while and we all enjoy it. And the few times she has visited she cooks Mexican breakfast for the whole gang. :thumbsup:
[right][snapback]888806[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Ooooooh. It's Indian food. It's soooo yummy.

Ohmigosh, when I saw that spanking smiley. . .. .a friend came over tonight, and I happened to show her this thread. When she saw that post, she didn't even read the rest of it, she just busted up laughing when she saw the ~~> :spanking:

That's just tooooooo much!

Edited by PCPA2Be