An Old School Catholic Message Board

PCPA Ohio

HisChild

[quote name='photosynthesis' date='Feb 16 2006, 08:54 AM']it is so exciting that you finally received your fabric in the mail!  Do you wear your posutlant uniform when you enter?  Everything about the PCPA's seems so beautiful!
[right][snapback]889192[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I wear the postulant uniform when I enter, just not the veil. Mother Delores Marie places it on my head as I kneel at the cloister doors.

I leave for my parents in the morning. My mom is going to help me with the patterns and the sewing.

YAYYYYYY

(although I do admit to being stressed about making them! I hope I have enough fabric etc.)

[quote name='PCPA2Be' date='Feb 16 2006, 08:19 PM']I wear the postulant uniform when I enter, just not the veil.  Mother Delores Marie places it on my head as I kneel at the cloister doors.

I leave for my parents in the morning.  My mom is going to help me with the patterns and the sewing.

YAYYYYYY

(although I do admit to being stressed about making them!  I hope I have enough fabric etc.)
[right][snapback]889785[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

You should have enough fabric if the sisters sent it to you. Dont try to mess up on teh pattern.....you will need tons more if you do!!!! LOL!!! ;) ;) Good luck and havea great Mother daughter bonding time!!!!

Actually she wasn't sure if she sent me enough fabric. She said I might need more.
And since there IS no pattern but I just have to try to make as close of a pattern as the dress they sent me. . . she didn't know what to send and I don't know how much we'll need. But thanks!

[quote name='PCPA2Be' date='Feb 14 2006, 08:09 PM']WOOOOHOOOO!  :secret:

I got my fabric in the mail to make my postulant uniforms, my nighties, and my apron!  I wasn't sure where to post this but was bubbling over so I had to start a new thread!  I suppose this is where I'll do my countdown!  I leave April 22nd! :dance:

PCPA2Be AKA Denise
[right][snapback]887680[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Wow!!! Congragulations!! That's gotta be so exciting Denise!! :D: God Bless!
~Lori

For our aprons, in order to tell them apart, we have to choose a color of bias tape to wrap around the neck sleeves and pockets.

There was already red, light blue, lilac, dark blue. . . a few others. So I chose plum. .. which looks more like royal purple but that's one of my favorite colors.

Was it you who I told about that little girl who was telling me she wanted to be a nun? She was 11 I think. ..asked if hers could be leopard print. LOL

And yes, I saw the wedgie dude. That one didn't make me laugh as much. I just sort of snickered. Remembered elementary school.

Eek.

the icon made me think of something i would do to my sisters if the made me mad. but i dont have th guts...but they looked evil!!!! No you didnt tell me the story, i'm wearinf my arny pants right now which i just love them so much!!!!!

Maybe it sounds a wee silly, but I have this desire to start wearing my nightgown NOW! LOL And using my aprons. Silly too, but I still have all my Sisters of Life aprons that I wear when I clean and cook.

LOL, i bet. heck i would too!!! hey if you want send me a apron!!! :) lol!!! How many communities have you entered into?? jw pm me the answer if you dont want to say!!

I entered a Carmelite community that . . .hmmm. . .they had a lot of spanish speaking sisters who spoke English well enough when I was an aspirant but chose to speak Spanish while I was a postulant. It made communicating. . .difficult. I chose to leave after a long discernment with my postulant mistress.

Then, after thinking that perhaps I wasn't called to religious life, I was directed by my spiritual director and then, His Eminence, John Cardinal O'Connor, to enter the Sisters of Life. While there, I got pretty sick, had an infection that try as I might, with medicines and doctors, I couldn't get rid of. After a lot of agonizing, I decided to leave, go home, get better.

That was 11 years ago. I was going to re-enter. But many things happened, and it was many years before I started discerning again. So, 2, is the answer. Things happen in 3's so. . . .