An Old School Catholic Message Board

I opened my acceptance letter!

FutureSoror

ThyWillBeDone

"Have your Office Book and Rosary where you can get them in a hurry!"
:D: That is just good advice for life in general. I don't go anywhere without my Rosary. And well here at the Seminary our Breviary is even jokingly refered to as "my girlfriend" because we spent so much time with it and it is so important to your life
God Bless

[quote name='ThyWillBeDone' date='Feb 20 2006, 08:12 PM']"Have your Office Book and Rosary where you can get them in a hurry!"
:D: That is just good advice for life in general. I don't go anywhere without my Rosary. And well here at the Seminary our Breviary is even jokingly refered to as "my girlfriend" because we spent so much time with it and it is so important to your life
God Bless
[right][snapback]893283[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

You carried your girlfriends around with you and used them only at certain times of the day or whenever you felt the need to be inspired? Sheesh, it's no wonder why you guys are in the seminary.

(maybe I'm reading too much into the analogy?)

Edited by OLAM Dad

My friends in seminary also refer to their breviaries as their girlfriends!

FutureSoror, is your entrance ceremony private or is your family invited, too?

ThyWillBeDone

[quote name='OLAM Dad']You carried your girlfriends around with you and used them only at certain times of the day or whenever you felt the need to be inspired? Sheesh, it's no wonder why you guys are in the seminary.
(maybe I'm reading too much into the analogy?)

[right][snapback]893283[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

:D: Ha Ha, Yeah you maybe reading a bit to much into. Just meant that our Breviaries is very important to us and we spends lots of time with it
God Bless

Hehe, yep... my rosary's always in my pocket anyway, and the office book not far off. I've been using Christian Prayer for about a year now. I ordered the full set on Saturday! I'll be happy when it comes. ^_^

It's up to me whether to have people at the entrance ceremony or not. Personally, I would like to have someone there. However, they have to leave after an hour, so it would not be very convenient. Mother said it might be better to suggest they wait until the October visiting day.

AlterDominicus

[quote name='FutureSoror' date='Feb 21 2006, 08:31 PM']Hehe, yep... my rosary's always in my pocket anyway, and the office book not far off.  I've been using Christian Prayer for about a year now.  I ordered the full set on Saturday!  I'll be happy when it comes.  ^_^ 

It's up to me whether to have people at the entrance ceremony or not.  Personally, I would like to have someone there.  However, they have to leave after an hour, so it would not be very convenient.  Mother said it might be better to suggest they wait until the October visiting day.
[right][snapback]894345[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Speaking of Pocketed Rosaries - I reached into my pocket and found mine, the one I adore is a rosary that was bought in Toledo, Spain by my sisters-in-law's parents when they went there, and better yet, it smells like roses which suits my confirmation name pretty dang well.

I am very grateful for the nuns and religious (and priests-to-be) in my life, if there is one thing I know, they are always willing to lend you or even let you keep a few of their books.

I got this book - ok? Everyone with me, and it is just phnomenal! Alright...got that? But its not just any book - but it is fruitful! Before it was given to me - alright, GIVEN, not borrowed, or lended, or lent! GIVEN - OK? It was owned and WRITTEN in by their prioress! I am assuming it was their previous one, maybe not I dunno!

Anyway...the cover was coming in off, there were no ribbons, so good ole' Sister Judith Miryam of the Trinity O.P. (WHOSE BIRTHDAY IS TODAY! HAPPY B-DAY SISTER!) From good ole' Summit, NJ went all out on spiritcraft! She put a new cover on it, placed beautiful colorful ribbons in it and patched it ALL UP! Sent it to me -

(From Sister Act I) "Well...Msgr. For heavens sake what is it!?" "I am sorry sister, it - I just still cant get over the shock..."

My very own BREVIARY! Of course, I am soooooo lost on how to use it even with sister's-should-be-clear-instructions-for-Divine Office 101!!! :lol_roll: :lol_roll: :lol_roll:

So, I dont think Mother Assumpta will have much to worry about when I own a million rosaries, and A breviary! Haha. Of course she WILL worry about Minnesota beating Michigan! (In sports) :biker: :biker: :biglol: :soccer: :bike:

• 1 month later...

[quote name='FutureSoror' date='Feb 24 2006, 06:27 PM']My apron pattern and clothing list came in the mail today..... :)

I want to go and start getting things now, hehe!
[right][snapback]897016[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Sooooooooooo how are things going? Are you getting things together? Been sewing a lot? Am I nosey? Yes!!!! Prayers for you and I'm sure you're getting more excited by the day! :topsy:

• 4 weeks later...

hey, congrats! :D: i know this is rather late, but ah well. please pray for me, the SMME's are the only religious order i regularly donate to (besides my parish). it is financially hard to contribute, but i know i need to :)