An Old School Catholic Message Board

Pictures from Here I am Lord Conference

Laurentina1975

Laurentina1975

[quote name='srmarymichael' date='Mar 9 2006, 07:45 PM']Actually, I was at a CMSWR workshop at Mishawaka, IN (Rapping Nuns).  What a HUGE convent!!!  It was a great weekend -- Sisters from all over the U.S. with many different habits and colors and charisms and ... it was great.
[right][snapback]907618[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Can I go next time?
Didn't Mother Mary Ana say she thought you needed an assistant?
;)

[quote name='srmarymichael' date='Mar 9 2006, 07:45 PM']Actually, I was at a CMSWR workshop at Mishawaka, IN (Rapping Nuns).  What a HUGE convent!!!  It was a great weekend -- Sisters from all over the U.S. with many different habits and colors and charisms and ... it was great.
[right][snapback]907618[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

thats sounds awesome Sister!!!! i agree with lauren....CAN I GO next time!?!?!?!?!?

Laurentina1975

[quote name='be_thou_my_vision' date='Mar 10 2006, 02:21 PM']I love Mishawaka sisters...

hmmmmm (daydreaming..)
[right][snapback]908274[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Really? Are you going to visit them?
If you are near Illinois, you should go to the institute on religious life in Mundelien, April 22nd!
They will prolly be there and so will the Panhandle Sisters...minus Sr. M&M. :sadder:

be_thou_my_vision

I have visited these sisters 3 times and I am planning another possible visit! If I am called to the religious life, I would want to go there. I live in Indy, so I probably can't go to the IRL thing, and plus I don't even know if I'm called to the religious life (which I don't think I am).

May I ask. . .what makes you think you are not called to the religious life. . .I just like hearing other people's stories :)

be_thou_my_vision

Well, I have just prayed about it. I feel like as I grow up and since I've gone to college, I have gotten to know myself a lot more than I did while I was in high school. I really want to be a Secular Carmelite... I love that. I am a Carmelite at heart, and I also have an awesome boyfriend that I have learned so much about myself and relationships through our relationship. I see that I could do either vocation... I don't know what God is calling me to, but I think that the affinity for OCDS is a sign that I am called to that. But I don't know what will happen in the future. I am still open about it, but doors are closing and indicating that I am not called to the religious life. Like I said, I am still open, but my life is falling into place and the secular life seems like a better fit.

Laurentina1975

[quote name='be_thou_my_vision' date='Mar 11 2006, 10:21 PM']Well, I have just prayed about it. I feel like as I grow up and since I've gone to college, I have gotten to know myself a lot more than I did while I was in high school. I really want to be a Secular Carmelite... I love that. I am a Carmelite at heart, and I also have an awesome boyfriend that I have learned so much about myself and relationships through our relationship. I see that I could do either vocation... I don't know what God is calling me to, but I think that the affinity for OCDS is a sign that I am called to that. But I don't know what will happen in the future. I am still open about it, but doors are closing and indicating that I am not called to the religious life. Like I said, I am still open, but my life is falling into place and the secular life seems like a better fit.
[right][snapback]909212[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

There seems to be a lot of peace with that decision, so it must be God's will. When I was on my retreat last weekend, I saw this couple there and they were so happy. I really admired that, that they could attend a day of retreat together like that and share in their faith so deeply.

God Bless ya!

be_thou_my_vision

I don't mean to sound all mushy and stuff, but I love my boyfriend, Mike. We have been together for 2 years and I just love him. Yes, I am very much at peace. Sometime I wonder what it would be like if my life would take a wild turn to the religious life. It sounds adventurous, but I am filled with peace with the life I am leading, and the religious life doesn't seem like its in the cards for me... I do want one of my children to become a sister because I think that would be really cool!! I love sisters, but I don't think I am called to become one of them.

I love the Carmelite Secular stuff!

Laurentina1975

[quote name='be_thou_my_vision' date='Mar 12 2006, 02:25 PM']I don't mean to sound all mushy and stuff, but I love my boyfriend, Mike. We have been together for 2 years and I just love him. Yes, I am very much at peace. Sometime I wonder what it would be like if my life would take a wild turn to the religious life. It sounds adventurous, but I am filled with peace with the life I am leading, and the religious life doesn't seem like its in the cards for me... I do want one of my children to become a sister because I think that would be really cool!! I love sisters, but I don't think I am called to become one of them.

I love the Carmelite Secular stuff!
[right][snapback]909487[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Yeah, you can totally be a secualr Carmelite and have many little kids. Who knows God may call one or some of them. We need more good Catholic parents !