An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sisters of Life

magnificat

So I'll be in New York in exactly 24 hours to visit the Sisters of Life (finally!) !!! :cloud9: Please keep me and the other girls who are visiting in your prayers! Sister said that there are about 20 other girls so it's gonna be a great sized retreat!

ThyHolyLove

I'm so jealous!! I wish I could go, but I have my thesis presentation on Friday......I hope you have a great time, Sr. Mary Gabriel is the best!

Thanks everyone. The retreat is from Thursday through Sunday. I'm not totally sure exactly what we'll be doing besides praying (!) and meeting the sisters, so I'll have to let you know when I get back. :)

I remember many moons ago, we also had a retreat. It was fun. One of the girls brought a guitar and we sang a lot of great Catholic Christian songs. That was of course, during recreation. We also played volleyball which was funny. We had a lot of people stopping their cars and watching habits fly!

You are in my prayers.

good luck girlie less than 20 hours left!!!!!!! yeah!!!!

my sisters called me at work today...it was funn talking to them!!!! i bet we both are going to come back full of stories!!!!!!!

Edited by Sixtina87

salveregina

Oh my goodness! I love the Sisters of Life!! I invited three of them out for nearly a week this past October to Loras (where I go to school) for pro-life month (I'm president of the pro-life club). They were AMAZING. The campus buzzed about them for weeks after their visit. And we had nearly 10 people make their consecration to Mary because of their influence. Just absolutely beautiful... And they've since been on Life on the Rock, and we ran into them at the March...oh, they're wonderful. Do enjoy your time with them! Hooray! :clap:

TeresaAvila

Please be assurred of my prayers for you, the retreatants and sisters, I hope all of you have a most blessed and Fruitful Retreat!!!

God Bless You!

For magnificat's intentions, as well, during her retreat, let us pray:

Haily Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen