An Old School Catholic Message Board

Vocation Station is going to get boring and lonely

OLAM Dad

zwergel88

This is probably a stupid question, but why are there so many July 16th's? I have a feeling I'm missing something obvious.

franciscanheart

Not a stupid question! July 16th is Our Lady of Mount Carmel - Marian feast day.

zwergel88

[quote name='hugheyforlife' post='970982' date='May 4 2006, 10:27 AM']
Not a stupid question! July 16th is Our Lady of Mount Carmel - Marian feast day.
[/quote]

That's it! I knew it, I just couldnt' remember. Awesome!

HiddeninHisHeart

Thanks so much, OLAM Dad, :) for adding me to the list!!!!!!!! I just found this thread and was thrilled to see myself already on there! This is a super idea! It is so neat to see all all these awesome vocations, especially those of us who will be united in a special way on July 16!!!!!

Love ya'll and God bless you in your striving towards Him!!!!!

• 5 weeks later...

BurkeFan (Dave) Dominicans (Province of St. Joseph), Providence, RI, July, 2006; Cincinatti, OH, August 8, 2006 [Tentative]

jgirl (Jenny) Sister Servants of the Eternal Word, Birmingham, AL July 16, 2006.

FutureSoror (Chelsea) Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist, Ann Arbor, MI, August 28, 2006

MCIMaGiNaZUN (Mark) Friars of St. Augustine in California... Novitiate in Racine, WI, August 15, 2006.

SisterAli (Ali) School Sisters of Christ the King in Lincoln, Nebraska...Entering in either September 2006 or January 2007...we are not sure quite yet! BUT one of those!!!

passionheart (DonnaMarie) Domincian Nuns of the Perpetual Rosary Buffalo NY. Hopefully Summer 2006.

Sixtina87 (nicole) Sister Servants of the Eternal Word, Birmingham, AL July 16, 2006 (thats what we are looking at)

Charms717RM1 (Keith) Diocese of Fort Worth, Texas. Hope to enter Holy Trinity Seminary in Irving, Texas in August 2006 (I'm still in the application stage so I'm hoping and praying for acceptance and then entrance into the formation program asap)

Lilllabettt (Elizabeth) Sister Servants of the Eternal Word, Birmingham, AL July 16, 2006

HiddeninHisHeart (Katie) Poor Clares of Perpetual Adoration, Hanceville, AL July 16, 2006

dspen2005 - Entering the novitiate of Our Lady of Mercy, Philadelphia, PA August 8, 2006

[b]Hey guys, any updates? I've removed HisChild from the 2006 list, maybe she'll be on next years list. :cool: I've also added dspen2005 to the bottom of the list. [/b]

It's about time to start some countdowns...don't you think?

BurkeFan (Dave) Dominicans (Province of St. Joseph), Providence, RI, July, 2006; Cincinatti, OH, August 8, 2006 [Tentative]

jgirl (Jenny) Sister Servants of the Eternal Word, Birmingham, AL August 17, 2006.

FutureSoror (Chelsea) Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist, Ann Arbor, MI, August 28, 2006

MCIMaGiNaZUN (Mark) Friars of St. Augustine in California... Novitiate in Racine, WI, August 15, 2006.

SisterAli (Ali) School Sisters of Christ the King in Lincoln, Nebraska...Entering in either September 2006 or January 2007...we are not sure quite yet! BUT one of those!!!

passionheart (DonnaMarie) Domincian Nuns of the Perpetual Rosary Buffalo NY. Hopefully Summer 2006.

Sixtina87 (nicole) Sister Servants of the Eternal Word, Birmingham, AL July 16, 2006 (thats what we are looking at)

Charms717RM1 (Keith) Diocese of Fort Worth, Texas. Hope to enter Holy Trinity Seminary in Irving, Texas in August 2006 (I'm still in the application stage so I'm hoping and praying for acceptance and then entrance into the formation program asap)

Lilllabettt (Elizabeth) Sister Servants of the Eternal Word, Birmingham, AL July 16, 2006

HiddeninHisHeart (Katie) Poor Clares of Perpetual Adoration, Hanceville, AL July 16, 2006

dspen2005 - Entering the novitiate of Our Lady of Mercy, Philadelphia, PA August 8, 2006

[b]I changed my date[/b]

[quote name='jgirl' post='996498' date='Jun 4 2006, 05:04 PM']
[b]I changed my date[/b]
[/quote]

WHAT HAPPENED???? :sadder: :shock: :shock: :shock:

By the way, greetings from Lauren R. I met her last week in Munich/Germany... :D: :D: :D:

[quote name='OLAM Dad' post='965013' date='Apr 29 2006, 08:54 AM']
I believe that jgirl, Lillabett and Sixtina are all three planning on entering the SSEW on the same day, which happens to be the same day that HiddeninHisHeart is also entering OLAM 45 miles away. :)
[/quote]

ALL on the same day?! ? Only 45 minutes away!?! Away from Hanceville? WOW, that's amazing, it's awesome how God works stuff out! ^_^ God Bless them all!

btw, so many ppl are entering this year! So many wonderful ppl starting new lifes, how awesome!! :) Anyways, I think a countdown is a great idea! ^_^

Edited by uruviel

• 2 weeks later...
AlterDominicus

This is going to be so lonely this year, oh bwt everyone who is entering are in my deepest daily prayers, but particularly those entering between July 15th-19th will PARTICULARLY be in my prayers due to the fact through those dates I will be staying with a community of nuns. :)