An Old School Catholic Message Board

A list of things for PCPA2BE to do

Laurentina1975

MC IMaGiNaZUN

Instead of thinking about what more can we get out of sucking upon the pleasure of life...

lets think about how radical we can become in our love of God...

SHALOM

Rock on denise, i am italian too.

Pax et bonum.

Yes, Mark. . .again you are correct. I have been stuck in the mentality of 'well I won't be doing this anymore, so I'd better do this now' (ie: eating out with friends, staying up later, etc.)

But in the past couple of days, I've been 'nudged' if you will, and after you and Rick have mentioned this. . .I know it's hit home.

God bless you.

Guest Rick777

Denise, I also have a big problem with sticking to old habits....like staying up late, eating a lot, watching a lot of tv and such.....not that you have these issues.lol. but I know how you feel.

MC IMaGiNaZUN

[quote name='Rick777' date='Mar 30 2006, 10:42 PM']Denise, I also have a big problem with sticking to old habits....like staying up late, eating a lot, watching a lot of tv and such.....not that you have these issues.lol. but I know how you feel.
[right][snapback]929257[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Staying up late!!! thats my killer.

For the last three weeks before i entered i went out just about every night.

My brother and i had this thing, he was going to FUS, and i was entering religion, so we had to make the most of it. But it killed me when i finally came in.

But since Lent, i have even been waking up earlier and earlier.

But you do want to be wise, and start fading out of it. I never watched television much at all, and its no different now. The only time the community watches tv is really for sports. and i don't like sports.

But i know that i am going to have to phase out of my computer and internet before i go into novitiate this year.

SHALOM

Edited by MC IMaGiNaZUN

Yes, I know what you mean about staying up late. I've always done my best praying, writing, thinking, etc, at night. That will be a killer. I don't know about going out . . do you mean to clubs? I don't do that anymore anyway. .haven't done that in well over a year. Too . . .empty.

I don't watch TV. So that doesn't affect me. I go to my parents and they're always asking me. . 'did you see. . . . ?' 'Uh, no Mom, remember I only had cable for EWTN and The Diamondbacks, and it's not baseball season, and I really haven't turned the TV on in about 4 months'. She looks at me like I've grown three heads! LOL

I have, although you wouldn't know it by my posts lately, stopped surfing as much, and I rarely have my IM services on. My friends know that I'm trying to wean. I've told all my friends, no more cutesy emails, etc. because I am only going to be checking my email, for info reasons. LOL Now, I only get spam!

Phatmass is my next 'step', computer wise. I need to start weaning. And I've already made a promise to not even be online during the Triduum, perhaps even earlier than that. Lately, I'll be sitting here, going through papers, and will have my laptop near, and will check it, just for the sheer boredom of it all.

I've had some red wine, but really I haven't had a margarita (the only liquor I drink) in almost 3 weeks. I really enjoy red wine, always have, but I don't 'have' to have it, so while I might think about it ever so often once I enter, I know it's not going to be an issue.

My biggest sacrifice that I've noticed thus far? I love food. And not just any food, but ethnic food. Italian, Greek, Pakistani, Indian, Iranian, Thai. . .and ever so often, but rarely, a big juicy steak or a big fat disgustingly decadent hamburger from the Chuckbox. Yea, one of those places that's been around forever, that has burgers like no other. Yum. Yup, that's what I'll be sacrificing. LOL

Laurentina1975

you'll eventually grow out of club hopping.

i did that when i had my fake id back when i was 19.

then again, i was living on my own, paying all my own bills and stuff.

Laurentina1975

how about water skiing?
that's fun.
i'll call my step-dad and have him take ya for a spin around saguaro lake.

[quote name='Laurentina1975' date='Apr 1 2006, 11:19 AM']you'll eventually grow out of club hopping.

i did that when i had my fake id back when i was 19.

then again, i was living on my own, paying all my own bills and stuff.
[right][snapback]930061[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:o Woah, so how old do you need to be to (legally) go clubbing? I think it's eighteen here. (I've never been so I don't know lol) :) same for voting, drinking and smoking etc...

But I did know some girls who would get fake ID and go clubbing when they were sixteen/seventeen. :wacko: :pinch:

• 2 weeks later...
FutureSoror

[quote name='memtherose' date='Mar 31 2006, 08:34 PM']:o Woah, so how old do you need to be to (legally) go clubbing? I think it's eighteen here. (I've never been so I don't know lol) :) same for voting, drinking and smoking etc...

But I did know some girls who would get fake ID and go clubbing when they were sixteen/seventeen.  :wacko:  :pinch:
[right][snapback]930428[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

In the U.S. you have to be 21 to drink, legally. Everything else is 18.